Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580914 times)

Quirkwood

• Preferred pronouns: they/them is good
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #3015 on: May 21, 2017, 04:25:03 PM »
Hæ and welcome to our mad forum, Quirkwood !
Your avatar is so beautiful ** Is that Kieren from "In the flesh"?

Hello heiteru
It is! He's the best person ever my spirit animal such a great character.
You caught me off guard there, I didn't think I'd find an "In the Flesh" fan so soon. And you recognized him from my tiny drawing! Now I'm all proud.

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3016 on: May 22, 2017, 01:34:54 AM »
Hello heiteru
It is! He's the best person ever my spirit animal such a great character.
You caught me off guard there, I didn't think I'd find an "In the Flesh" fan so soon. And you recognized him from my tiny drawing! Now I'm all proud.
Yah, he's a sweet bun <3 Well, this series is quite popular, and your drawing skills are clearly very good, so...  ;)
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3017 on: May 22, 2017, 02:12:34 PM »
Welcome to Glory and Quirkwood!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

yankai

• Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3018 on: May 22, 2017, 09:00:29 PM »
I'll gladly share some silly drawings. Róisín, I'd share my thesis as well but it's in Italian, since I wrote it in Italy.

Hi Quirkwood! I can read some italian (it's very similar to my native language) and your work seems so so so interesting, so if you want to share it I would be more than happy to read it. And about posting your art, I'm quite shy about it too but the people in here are really sweet and suportive.
Edit: I saw you already posted something!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:31:37 PM by yankai »
Native: :argentina:
Kind of: :uk: / :italy:

Shine

• Ranger
  • I'm probably a person.
« Reply #3019 on: May 23, 2017, 01:03:47 AM »
Hi Abprallen, JacobThomsen and Róisín!

I'll gladly share some silly drawings. Róisín, I'd share my thesis as well but it's in Italian, since I wrote it in Italy. Still, I'd be happy to talk about the history of witchcraft with anyone who shares the interest, learn something new from you guys and give/receive book recommendations ;)
It'd be great if you could share your thesis! It sounds really interesting.
Native :italy:
Fluent :uk: :germany:
Want to learn :norway: :finland:

Survived:        :chap5::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18:

Quirkwood

« Reply #3020 on: May 23, 2017, 03:15:51 AM »
Hi Quirkwood! I can read some italian (it's very similar to my native language) and your work seems so so so interesting, so if you want to share it I would be more than happy to read it. And about posting your art, I'm quite shy about it too but the people in here are really sweet and suportive.
Edit: I saw you already posted something!!

Hi yankai! Nice, if you speak Spanish you surely can read Italian. Also, I've read that many people in Argentina speak Italian as a second language, is it true? If you want, I can send you a link to my thesis. It would be nice to discuss it with people who have found out different stuff as well, because of course it's all just hypothetical and the sagas are practically endless and many different authors are still ripping each other's faces off screaming "It is shamanism!" "Never, it is NOT shamanism!" and I don't really know if that matters at all.

It'd be great if you could share your thesis! It sounds really interesting.

I can send you the link as well, if you can read Italian : )   Otherwise, a book which has really helped me get an overall idea (but merely an OVERALL idea, and it needs to be handled with care because it's pretty opinionated) is Neil Price's "The Viking Way". I think it just got a new edition. It also has a big part on Sami magic from Finland and its possible influences on Norse practitioners. It is amazing!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3021 on: May 23, 2017, 03:33:48 AM »
Quirkwood, my Italian is rusty but not non-existent, so I'd love to try reading your thesis, and I know a few Strega (the Australian Pagan community is quite ecumenical, we nearly all talk to and help one another). We have Ásatrú here, as well as many different styles of witch.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Quirkwood

« Reply #3022 on: May 23, 2017, 05:00:56 AM »
Róisín, I've sent you a message.
A pagan community? Really interesting! I miserably FAIL at anything with the root "commun-" in it (community, communication... Holy Communion?) but this seems worth investigating

Oh, and yankai and Shine, if you really are willing to read that thesis (be warned, it is not necessarily as exciting as the title sounds!) just send me a private message and I'll gladly link it (:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:32:01 AM by Quirkwood »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3023 on: May 23, 2017, 08:54:14 AM »
Got it, thanks! It will take me awhile, but looks interesting.

And yeah, Australia has a large and quite active Pagan Community. Try looking up 'Mount Franklin Pagan Gathering', 'Mylor English Ale' or Australian Wiccan Conference' to find out about public events. There are also a number of solitary practitioners, and some groups who want nothing to do with anyone outside their own traditions. It takes all kinds, I guess.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #3024 on: June 03, 2017, 11:34:20 PM »
Hello hello and welcome to the forum, Glory and Quirkwood! (I may be months late when i finally do, but I will always greet all newbies)
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Caro

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3025 on: June 06, 2017, 02:36:15 PM »
Hey people! Nice to meet you all.

I'm Caro. I'm a guy located In East Finland by the beautiful and not yet troll-filled Saimaa. I was born in the first year of the new millennium, 2001. That makes me part of generation Z! I speak English and Finnish fluently and enough Swedish to get a passing grade, which is not a whole lot. My religious beliefs are very confusing, but I guess I'm a finnish pagan, similar to Lalli.

I've been reading SSSS since... last Saturday. I can't wait to have my one week anniversary! I hang out at the #ssss chat from dawn 'till dusk pretty much every day. I also draw fanart! I read multiple webcomics, but SSSS is my current favorite. I also am and have been in many different fandoms.

I would describe myself as a mix of Lalli and Emil, both in the way I look and my personality. However, Reynir is best boy. There is no debate over that.

I've babbled on long enough, I think. Again, nice to meet all of you! I really look forward to my time in this fandom.
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :england:
Somewhat: :sweden: :france:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3026 on: June 06, 2017, 03:12:16 PM »
Caro, welcome! (I, too, am part of generation Z - 2002) I hope you like it here, and I can't wait to see more of your art. (and reynir is the best boy) ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:18:37 PM by Luth Nightbreeze »
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3027 on: June 06, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
Hæ and welcome, Caro!
Appreciate and take care of your youth, a representative of the Generation Z! Don't have time to blink - and you're no longer fashionable! :))
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Caro

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3028 on: June 06, 2017, 03:46:05 PM »
Thanks, guys!  ;D I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy my time here ~
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :england:
Somewhat: :sweden: :france:

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
« Reply #3029 on: June 06, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »
Caro, welcome, welcome!
You gonna experience great time in waiting for new page each boring day, and also there will be chapter breaks!!! But we're here to survive during them together, so welcome on board!
Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian