Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580874 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2625 on: September 18, 2016, 10:49:29 AM »
But thankfully I can have ALL THE GLUTENS! Muahahaha
Sssshhhhhhh!!! You don't want to give certain folks an idea where to dump Mr. Moose's "surplus"! ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2626 on: September 20, 2016, 08:42:58 PM »
Welcome to all ze new peoples.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2627 on: September 21, 2016, 12:38:15 AM »
Welcome aboard Kassie! I would have my seal play you a welcome but he swapped his bagpipes for a party horn, and wasn't very good even before then.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Mersey

• Tumblr
  • Artist and Archivist in the Deepest South
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2628 on: September 26, 2016, 08:43:54 PM »
Hello!
I've introduced myself over on the comic itself already (made a disqus profile finally after reading for 2 years haha) and now I've decided to join the fan forum! Hooray for social interaction!

I'm Devon (Mersey's a really old handle but call me whatever), a grad student in art history/info science, artist, and lover of this comic! <3 I'm from the UK originally but have lived in the US (specifically Kentucky and North Carolina) for ages now that I feel like it's a part of me. (I find it really entertaining to imagine trolls in the thick woods and swamps around here haha!)

Thanks for having me!

fluent in

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #2629 on: September 26, 2016, 09:00:08 PM »
Hello!
I've introduced myself over on the comic itself already (made a disqus profile finally after reading for 2 years haha) and now I've decided to join the fan forum! Hooray for social interaction!

I'm Devon (Mersey's a really old handle but call me whatever), a grad student in art history/info science, artist, and lover of this comic! <3 I'm from the UK originally but have lived in the US (specifically Kentucky and North Carolina) for ages now that I feel like it's a part of me. (I find it really entertaining to imagine trolls in the thick woods and swamps around here haha!)

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forums!

Personally I believe that the Appalachians will all but surely survive, perhaps with minimal loss of population in the SSSSverse. The population centers there are pretty isolated, and the only major cities are in the outer edges of Appalachia.
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Native: :usa:
Tolerable: :germany:
Still Learning: :italy:
n00b at: :russia: :norway: :japan:

Mersey

• Tumblr
« Reply #2630 on: September 26, 2016, 09:07:56 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

Personally I believe that the Appalachians will all but surely survive, perhaps with minimal loss of population in the SSSSverse. The population centers there are pretty isolated, and the only major cities are in the outer edges of Appalachia.

Thank you!

(And I'd tend to agree with you there - unluckily for me I've moved away from the mountains to the coastal plains/swamps where it's always hot and very flat! Prime troll territory!)
fluent in

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2631 on: September 26, 2016, 09:18:57 PM »
Hello!

Thanks for having me!

Ooh, art history? Nice!

Welcome to the forum! : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2632 on: September 27, 2016, 03:27:30 AM »
I agree with Yuuago, art history is always nice. (Except for the persons who are with you in museums... ::) But they become accustomed.)
Anyway, welcome among us Mersey. A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2633 on: September 27, 2016, 07:17:38 AM »
Hello!

Thanks for having me!
:sparkle: Welcome!! :sparkle:
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2634 on: September 27, 2016, 08:50:54 AM »
Welcome Mersey!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #2635 on: September 27, 2016, 09:11:34 AM »
Hello!

Thanks for having me!

Ooh, nice, another Southern minnion! I'm also in Appalachia, and I've lived here since I was born. I believe we're only a few hours apart! I love the mountains, and the sprawling fields and woods and old, broken-down barns. The country makes my heart happy, and so does Great Smoky Mountains National Park (I don't get up there enough).

Glad to have you, Mersey! I look forward to getting to know you better. ^^
:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2636 on: September 27, 2016, 01:50:02 PM »
Mersey, welcome! I'm sure you'll have fun here, and it's always nice to see another lurker emerge!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mersey

• Tumblr
« Reply #2637 on: September 27, 2016, 03:49:35 PM »
Thank you all for the welcomes!!
I agree with Yuuago, art history is always nice. (Except for the persons who are with you in museums... ::) But they become accustomed.)
Anyway, welcome among us Mersey. A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
And yes cookies are always welcome too! (g-free ones anyway, gotta love coeliac disease)

Ooh, nice, another Southern minnion! I'm also in Appalachia, and I've lived here since I was born. I believe we're only a few hours apart! I love the mountains, and the sprawling fields and woods and old, broken-down barns. The country makes my heart happy, and so does Great Smoky Mountains National Park (I don't get up there enough).

Glad to have you, Mersey! I look forward to getting to know you better. ^^

Thank you! And that's incredible honestly, usually things in the US are so spread so "only a few hours away" is really surprising! (As a hint, I go to a MAJOR Southeastern uni closer to the coast than the mountains.) But I'd love to chat about SSSS and nature!! Hiking/exploring around here has long been one of my favourite pastimes :)
fluent in

pillowcat

« Reply #2638 on: September 28, 2016, 03:32:53 PM »
Hello! I'm Pillowcat and I'm told this is overdue since I've been in the IRC for two months now and reading for... Awhile? Before Braidy was named!

I'm 24/girlcat/UK

Hmmmmmmm nope nothing else interesting about me to mention.

KaTaai

« Reply #2639 on: September 28, 2016, 03:34:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum Pillowcat.
Have a cookie ^_^
User image courtesy of gingerbraidgirl

Speaks:
Native - :netherlands:
Decent - :uk:
Learning - :germany:
Remnants of high school - :france:
Survived: