Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580864 times)

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2505 on: July 14, 2016, 07:23:00 PM »
Done! And I've returned to stalk the Comic Update Chitchat board almost every day since I registered, I just never logged in hehe I was extremely shy.

Thank you so much for the help once again! *flees into the depths of wonder of the forum*

Hello! My name is Andrew. I'm a student in the United States, specifically, Louisville Kentucky. Yay homophobia! No, srsly, Im the least redneck person (for nonamericans that means ignorant-country-douchebag) person I hope. I found SSSS this year through a friend, read through it all, and stuck with it since march. I am fluent in English (all flags), pretty damn good at Spanish (some flags), and reaaalllly want to learn Finnish (only the one flag). I am a lover of ancient cultures, runes, ancient art, inscriptions, etc. I also play many video games. Yeah! Stuff!
Welcome to the forum, Dar and Andrew/rundrewrun:D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:25:34 PM by Eris »

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
« Reply #2506 on: July 14, 2016, 07:48:44 PM »
Hello! My name is Andrew. I'm a student in the United States, specifically, Louisville Kentucky. Yay homophobia! No, srsly, Im the least redneck person (for nonamericans that means ignorant-country-douchebag) person I hope. I found SSSS this year through a friend, read through it all, and stuck with it since march. I am fluent in English (all flags), pretty damn good at Spanish (some flags), and reaaalllly want to learn Finnish (only the one flag). I am a lover of ancient cultures, runes, ancient art, inscriptions, etc. I also play many video games. Yeah! Stuff!
Hello, welcome!
*throws confetti* :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

GaBe

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2507 on: July 14, 2016, 07:56:20 PM »
Hello!

I am new to the forums. I followed SSSS awhile back and then life got crazy so I missed updates for about a year.  I recently bought book 1 (one of the best buys I have ever made) and just got caught up with the rest of the online pages.

I love the story and art of SSSS comic and have been following Minna on Twitter for awhile.  Since I finally have regular internet access I figured I'd go ahead and join the forum, especially after Roisin (sp?) invited me in the comment section to join.

If anyone is on DeviantArt, feel free to say hello there too! My page is here:http://deckboy.deviantart.com/   

I can't think of anything else to say sooo...

...yeah.

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
« Reply #2508 on: July 14, 2016, 08:13:54 PM »
Hello!

I am new to the forums. I followed SSSS awhile back and then life got crazy so I missed updates for about a year.  I recently bought book 1 (one of the best buys I have ever made) and just got caught up with the rest of the online pages.

I love the story and art of SSSS comic and have been following Minna on Twitter for awhile.  Since I finally have regular internet access I figured I'd go ahead and join the forum, especially after Roisin (sp?) invited me in the comment section to join.

If anyone is on DeviantArt, feel free to say hello there too! My page is here:http://deckboy.deviantart.com/   

I can't think of anything else to say sooo...

...yeah.
Welcome to the forum, GaBe!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2509 on: July 14, 2016, 08:57:55 PM »
Welcome, Welcome, Andrew/rundrewrun and GaBe. Happy exploring - there are loads of interesting threads here.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2510 on: July 14, 2016, 09:15:02 PM »
Hello!
Welcome to the forum!
*throws more confetti* :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2511 on: July 14, 2016, 10:08:50 PM »
Welcome, welcome rundrewrun and GaBe!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2512 on: July 15, 2016, 02:54:43 AM »
Welcome welcome, Dar, rundrewrun, and GaBe!
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Dar

« Reply #2513 on: July 15, 2016, 02:45:55 PM »
Thanks yous for the warm welcome!
:artd:
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2514 on: July 16, 2016, 09:17:04 AM »
Oh, new persons ! :) Welcome Dar, rundrewrun and GaBe, a cookie ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Dar

« Reply #2515 on: July 16, 2016, 02:27:51 PM »
*gratefully noms all them squirrel cookies* <3
:artd:
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

FoxDei

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2516 on: July 17, 2016, 07:05:18 PM »
Hi, I'm a very new reader, having binged on SSSS over three days last week, and now we're at p. 563 and how can I possibly live without knowing what happens next? So I guess I'm going to be here for a while. I introduced myself in the comments box on that page under my secret codename Ben Whitworth. My real name is FoxDei. Actually, this was the username I came up with when I joined the subreddit for my other fanboy obsession, the Japanese kawaii metal band BABYMETAL, but hey, it makes just as much sense over here!

I suspect I may be one of the older folks on this forum - I'm Taru's age - and I'm not quite a digital native. For instance, this is actually the first webcomic I ever read. (A Redtail's Dream is obviously going to be the second!) I am used to stories being in books, but I like the idea of serialisation. SSSS makes me feel like one of the early readers of Dickens or Trollope, when they published their novels in instalments.

I have been living (for the last eight years, though probably not for much longer) in Orkney, a bit of Scotland that was previously a Danish, and before that a Norwegian, colony. I like Japanese rock music, Swedish pop music, Scottish folk music, Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Firefly, road cycling, editing/directing/singing Gregorian chant, and stonecarving. I have been a monk, an author and a farm labourer (not all at the same time - though I suppose that would be possible); my current jobs involve showing people round a 5000-year-old village, and curating an exhibition about the Russian Civil War; and I am about to start training as an archivist.
Fluent: :england: :scotland: :france:
Can get by: :vaticancity:
Used to know: :russia: :hungary: :greece:
Can say half a dozen phrases with a terrible accent: :japan:
:chap12:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2517 on: July 17, 2016, 07:44:14 PM »
FoxDei, welcome! There are a few of us olds here, and many of us with similar interests, so you will fit right in here. You work at Skara Brae? Awesome! Hope to see you around the discussions on the Forum.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2518 on: July 17, 2016, 08:12:49 PM »
Welcome, FoxDei!
*throws confetti* o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2519 on: July 17, 2016, 08:31:46 PM »
Welcome, welcome FoxDei!  As Róisín says, there are a few of us here who aren't spring chickens anymore (and Taru is way younger than me!)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: