Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580964 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2370 on: May 25, 2016, 05:43:14 AM »
Welcome, RuikaTora :) I swear that we have a very nice community here, and I've never heard about someone trying to eat someone else. Just someone trying to steal clothes. A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2371 on: May 25, 2016, 09:16:39 AM »
Don't worry, we won't eat you.

Unless we run out of cookies and we get really hungry

Welcome RuikaTora!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2372 on: May 30, 2016, 02:31:29 AM »
Hi I'm a person I guess maybe.

I was told the cookies here were less dangerous than the ones in the Disqus threads?

please don't eat me

The danger level of the cookies may or may not be debateble now that the I remembered there's more to the orums than just the ssss'sona stuff.

Welcome to the forums regardless.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2373 on: June 04, 2016, 06:46:03 PM »
Welcome welcome, new people! ((Another New Yorker, woo! <waves> (I live just outside of the city (so many parentheses...))))

Come to the forum, we have cookies XD
And we promise that you won't be eaten here. Probably.
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2374 on: June 04, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
Welcome welcome, new people! ((Another New Yorker, woo! <waves> (I live just outside of the city (so many parentheses...))))

We rely on a steady diet of fanfiction, fanart, and RPing. And cookies. People aren't part of it, I swear!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #2375 on: June 05, 2016, 11:29:17 AM »

We really do need a meetup in the city.  It's not like it's that hard to get to, maybe 45 minutes on the LIRR from Hicksville.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2376 on: June 05, 2016, 01:34:26 PM »
We really do need a meetup in the city.  It's not like it's that hard to get to, maybe 45 minutes on the LIRR from Hicksville.
That would be totally amazing and I am on board with this idea :D
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2377 on: June 07, 2016, 05:54:33 PM »
I'm relatively new here, as is obvious. I've been following SSSS for a few weeks now (after binge-reading until I was caught up) and I am absolutely obsessed! A friend of mine showed it to me saying "the plot is interesting" and "the art is good" and at this point, I'm afraid my obsession has gone a little bit farther than he said it might. Oh well.

I've been commenting on pages for a while now and decided it was maybe time to go a little bit further into the discussions. :) Fair warning, I don't really know how the forum works, so if anyone has any tips on what's "normal" to do or anything like that (for a complete forum newbie), they would be greatly appreciated. I was also told that the cookies here are more trustworthy than the ones I was offered on Disqus... I guess we'll wait and find out!

I'm BlueSkyVail (figured maybe I should introduce myself).  I'm 16, live in Colorado, like figure skating and skiing, and as I mentioned earlier am dangerously obsessed with Minna's work. Hm... What else... *quietly* I'm, uh, an enthusiastic shipper of Emil and Lalli, so, uh, yeah... Nobody heard that, right? I have nothing to be ashamed of. I also (from what I've participated in on the comments) love the community here. Everyone's so friendly and eager to welcome new people with squirrel-cookies and blankets, and it's just so welcoming for someone new like me. I just wanted to say that I really like that.

I don't really know what else is important that I should write so I guess I'll just start with this.
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2378 on: June 07, 2016, 06:02:52 PM »
I'm relatively new here, as is obvious. I've been following SSSS for a few weeks now (after binge-reading until I was caught up) and I am absolutely obsessed! A friend of mine showed it to me saying "the plot is interesting" and "the art is good" and at this point, I'm afraid my obsession has gone a little bit farther than he said it might. Oh well.

I've been commenting on pages for a while now and decided it was maybe time to go a little bit further into the discussions. :) Fair warning, I don't really know how the forum works, so if anyone has any tips on what's "normal" to do or anything like that (for a complete forum newbie), they would be greatly appreciated. I was also told that the cookies here are more trustworthy than the ones I was offered on Disqus... I guess we'll wait and find out!

I'm BlueSkyVail (figured maybe I should introduce myself).  I'm 16, live in Colorado, like figure skating and skiing, and as I mentioned earlier am dangerously obsessed with Minna's work. Hm... What else... *quietly* I'm, uh, an enthusiastic shipper of Emil and Lalli, so, uh, yeah... Nobody heard that, right? I have nothing to be ashamed of. I also (from what I've participated in on the comments) love the community here. Everyone's so friendly and eager to welcome new people with squirrel-cookies and blankets, and it's just so welcoming for someone new like me. I just wanted to say that I really like that.

I don't really know what else is important that I should write so I guess I'll just start with this.

*checks to ensure the Disqus cookies haven't snuck in*

Welcome!
As far as 'normal', the SSSS Board contains all the topics you could need. I, personally, would recommend finding the thread 'Things Mikkel Madsen Is Not Allowed To Do'. It hasn't been updated in a while, but what's there is hilarious. There's poetry, realism comparisons, discussions on exactly how trolls and beasts work, etc. Also, vast quantities of amazing fanfic and fanart.

There's a child board to the SSSS Board for people who write a character for the SSSSverse. We've currently got a 2nd Expedition RP going on, if you're into that.

On this board, you can pretty much talk about anything. There's a search function, and I recommend you use it before starting a new thread. Not sure if there's anything about skiing or figure skating, but hey, there might be! There's also two or three RP's going on here, one pretty much exclusively for OCs from all brands of fiction.

Oh, and remember to acknowledge Purple Wyrm's geode.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2379 on: June 07, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »
[...]

Welcome! Yes, our squirrel cookies are quite trustworthy! Have a few o/ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: You sound like a lot of us in our own introduction posts (myself included): "Hi I've never joined a forum, but this comic is so good I have to talk to someone about it!" I think it's pretty straightforward around here, but it's never a bad idea to read the Forum Rules, and the help section is there if you need it! (Warning: help section does not aid with Emil-Lalli shipping feels :P )

So welcome, and have a look around! We've got art, fanfiction, and lively discussions about the comic, all of which I heartily recommend. I hope you enjoy it here! ^-^
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2380 on: June 07, 2016, 07:43:26 PM »
Welcome, BlueSkyVail: the Forum is fun, and even I, about the most non-techno person one can imagine, am muddling along somehow! And they are lovely people, very patient with my non-techno nature. Come and join in.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2381 on: June 07, 2016, 09:41:47 PM »
Welcome, welcome, BlueSkyVail!!!
*throws confetti* o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
I'm still figuring out how the forum works through trial and error. For instance,
what does this button do?(Hey, cool!  :P)
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #2382 on: June 07, 2016, 11:48:38 PM »
Welcome BlueSkyVail!

We're a friendly bunch here.

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2383 on: June 08, 2016, 07:34:09 AM »
I haven't popped into this thread for far too long. Welcome Falcoln, Uinuvien, Basse (are you the Bunana-King?), Excavatrice, Ember, lilith_queen, RuikaTora and BlueSkyVail (I think that's everyone...).

I would have my Seal play you something on the pipes, but he's just awful!

And thank you for plugging my geode Ragnarok!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Cat Hat

• Super-Newbie
  • Sigrun wears the most best hats [R.I.P Cat]
« Reply #2384 on: June 08, 2016, 01:18:56 PM »
Just finished reading SSSS two weeks ago. So I decided it was finally time to get on the fourm