Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580794 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2355 on: May 20, 2016, 09:40:27 PM »
Hello all!

Here and pretty much everywhere, I go under the name WrittenEmber. You can call me that, or just Ember. I'm a year older than Onni, about as tall as Emil or Lalli, and the only person on the team with hair shorter than mine is Tuuri. If the rash illness strikes I'll be out of luck, since I currently reside in the snowless, troll-friendly desert regions of the southwestern US. I also have no cats, though other critters abound.

I came to SSSS after reading aRTD, a comic I first found just about the time that Bear showed up at the Foxes' family meeting. I set it aside with the intent of coming back when it was further along. Imagine my surprise -- and pleasure -- when I rediscovered the comic only to learn that it had not only advanced significantly, but was actually complete! And that the same creator had begun another story! Naturally, as soon as I finished my aRTD binge, I came to check out SSSS. This was during the troll attack on the Dalahästen train, and I was so intrigued by everything going on that I immediately undertook a binge-read from the beginning. Needless to say, it left me hooked. It is one of the few webcomics that I keep up with on a daily basis (the only other being Girl Genius); for most comics, I only catch up every few months, sometimes only once a year or even longer. But I can't stay away from SSSS for more than a day or two.

When not reading SSSS, my hobbies include reading, writing, archery, felting, and too much internet. I dabble in language learning, but have yet to become conversant in anything. I like to collect things, play mobile and PC games, and watch documentaries. I'm pretty decent at calligraphy, unpracticed at piano, and a happy mess at watercolors. I always hike with my lightning-struck walking staff in hand. International travel is a long-term goal of mine; in fact, I'm toying with the idea of making Worldcon 75 my first trip.

I do read the Disqus comments, but rarely say anything myself. I usually read from my phone, which makes it difficult to comment, and I often don't have time enough to properly catch up with the discussion anyway. I'm hoping to be more active here on the forum, however, since I enjoy actually taking part in the conversation.

*quietly prods the new member towards the more active forum RPs*
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2356 on: May 21, 2016, 09:36:19 PM »
Welcome, welcome WrittenEmber!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2357 on: May 23, 2016, 07:23:51 PM »
Hello hello and welcome welcome, WrittenEmber! I hope you like it here :D It's always fun to meet someone new.

What languages are you interested in learning?

((Someone else who likes to watch documentaries! I shall steal you away to my cave shh you heard nothing ;)))
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

lilith_queen

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2358 on: May 24, 2016, 03:43:44 PM »
Hi, everyone! It sort of occurred to me that I should introduce myself here before I make too much of a fool of myself on the rest of the forums. I'm lilith_queen, though if you bump into me on tumblr I'm notapaladin. I'm a perpetually unemployed former history student with a degree in Nerd. (Well...history, which is pretty much the same thing.) I like writing, playing entirely too much World of Warcraft, and researching random facts about pretty much everything. Sadly, if the Rash hits I am probably doomed; not only do I live right smack in the middle of New York City, I don't even have a cat! (I wish I did, though.) I freely admit that I'm not the best at reading social cues, but you might not find a more enthusiastic shipper and fic-reviewer.

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2359 on: May 24, 2016, 03:58:58 PM »
Hi, everyone! It sort of occurred to me that I should introduce myself here before I make too much of a fool of myself on the rest of the forums. I'm lilith_queen, though if you bump into me on tumblr I'm notapaladin. I'm a perpetually unemployed former history student with a degree in Nerd. (Well...history, which is pretty much the same thing.) I like writing, playing entirely too much World of Warcraft, and researching random facts about pretty much everything. Sadly, if the Rash hits I am probably doomed; not only do I live right smack in the middle of New York City, I don't even have a cat! (I wish I did, though.) I freely admit that I'm not the best at reading social cues, but you might not find a more enthusiastic shipper and fic-reviewer.
Yay! Welcome, lilith_queen!
*throws confetti*
o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2360 on: May 24, 2016, 04:25:58 PM »

Welcome welcome  lilith_queen!

Hi, everyone! It sort of occurred to me that I should introduce myself here before I make too much of a fool of myself on the rest of the forums. I'm

There's always time to make a fool of yourself later! Just look at me.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #2361 on: May 24, 2016, 05:40:08 PM »

Welcome! Have some cookies! /o/ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

And hey! I go to school in the middle of New York City! :D *is out of town but waves at you anyway*

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2362 on: May 24, 2016, 06:08:14 PM »
I'm a perpetually unemployed former history student with a degree in Nerd. (Well...history, which is pretty much the same thing.)
Yay, History ! :D (Marvelous studies but... well... I know...)
Welcome, lilith_queen :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

RuikaTora

• Super-Newbie
  • idk
« Reply #2363 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49:24 PM »
Hi I'm a person I guess maybe.

I was told the cookies here were less dangerous than the ones in the Disqus threads?

please don't eat me

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2364 on: May 24, 2016, 09:05:23 PM »

I was told the cookies here were less dangerous than the ones in the Disqus threads?

please don't eat me

Welcome!

Yes, most cookie providers here only give approved, certified squirrel cookies. ;)

only if you were a cookie
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2365 on: May 24, 2016, 09:08:12 PM »

please don't eat me

Welcome! : D

Don't worry, we won't eat you.

I hope you'll have a good time here! < 3
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2366 on: May 24, 2016, 09:14:07 PM »

please don't eat me
Welcome, welcome!
*confetti*
o/ :sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:
We are all non-dangerous, non-cannibalistic people here!  ^-^
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:49:06 PM by Tr »
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2367 on: May 24, 2016, 09:16:32 PM »
We are all non-dangerous, non-cannibalistic people here!  ^-^

Well, most of us... >:D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #2368 on: May 24, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »

please don't eat me

It's true; they're pretty trustworthy! :D *points to signature*

Here, have some: /o/ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2369 on: May 25, 2016, 02:58:53 AM »
Welcome to both of you, Lilithqueen and RuikaTora!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!