Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580889 times)

Finhawk

• Super-Newbie
  • King of Apples | Mohawk Lord
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2014, 08:19:33 PM »
Meanwhile, uh, Your Highness, why the "King of Apples and Mohawk Lord" titles?  Would you be kind enough to enlighten us?

Yeaaah, I'm not surprised you're confused. :,D

King of Apples is just a title that has stuck with me for a while now. As far as I can remember, I was chatting with my Internet pals at perhaps around 5 am or something like that and the whole chat was just madness and sheer stupidity. (Like always.) Anyways, I got hungry and because apples are delicious, I just grabbed one of them. In my sleep deprived state, I proclaimed myself as the King of Apples while munching on the fabulous fruit. I somehow remembered this the next day after I had managed to detach myself from my computer to get few hours of sleep. I don't even remember just exactly how everyone came to associate apples with me but it happened quite fast. Perhaps I just repeated my position as Apple royalty enough times.

As for Mohawk Lord, it's quite new. I guess I just keep on babbling on and on how much I love them mohawks and one of my new buddies randomly called me "Mohawk Lord". I happen to like the sound of it.

Rae

• My grade B buddy
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2014, 07:14:46 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm Rae, approaching 1.0 Torbjorn, from the USA, currently living in Pennsylvania. I'm a grad student in the environmental sciences, and while the chapter break is going to be rough, I will be putting in serious work on my dissertation. Any of you whippersnappers interested in environmental science, grad school (in the US) - I'd be happy to chat.

I came across SSSS when it was recommended by someone on www.dailykos.com and ran into the language tree shortly after that. I thought it was amazing and gorgeous, but honestly, it was the charming cats in and around the language tree that made me cock my head and say to myself "I must know more about this..." Read through SSSS a couple of times, then aRTD, and now, yeah, refreshing several times a day/hour/minute to get my weekday fix. I just need to ban myself from the internet some days, sigh.

I do a number of things for fun - making jewelry, attempting quilt-making, carving my own stamps, writing smatterings of fiction. I enjoy cooking & baking and tend to waste a lot of time lurking on the internet. My current crazy idea is making a quilt pattern out of the Nordic council design...

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2014, 08:33:02 PM »
Well, I could say something here too.

Some of you may have seen me explaining and speculating things in the SSSS section and comments, but anyways...

I'm finnish mechanical engineering student and indie game developer.
(Here's links to my game and game company if anyone is interested: www.infragame.net , www.loisteinteractive.com)
I'm interested in various subjects such as games, engineering, macroeconomics, psychology and generally making sense out of things and many many more thing.
Generally i'm very short worded, unless I find something interesting to share with others.
And I prefer working on nights and tend to go to sleep very late.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2014, 11:44:16 PM »

Some of you may have seen me explaining and speculating things in the SSSS section and comments, but anyways...

(Here's links to my game and game company if anyone is interested: www.infragame.net , www.loisteinteractive.com)
I'm interested in various subjects such as games, engineering, macroeconomics, psychology and generally making sense out of things and many many more thing.
Generally i'm very short worded, unless I find something interesting to share with others.
Yeah, Mechanical Engineering!  *Is also an M.E. student* 
I always wanted to get into game development, but never really got around to it.  Plus, I'd probably be pretty terrible at it.  :-\  Your game looks quite well polished!
Feel free to PM.

dwuff

• Creative Practitioner and Eater Of Pastries
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2014, 05:23:01 AM »

Awesome! I'm surrounded by game devs, the industry in SA is really booming. I think 50% of my friends are probably indie devs/aspiring indie devs, now that I think about it... I see your game was greenlit, well done! It looks really ominous, I just watched your trailers. It looks really good for alpha gameplay. I'll be following this one. :)
Find me on tumblr.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »
Yeah, Mechanical Engineering!  *Is also an M.E. student* 
I always wanted to get into game development, but never really got around to it.  Plus, I'd probably be pretty terrible at it.  :-\  Your game looks quite well polished!
Thanks.
Well it started as a hobby and we didn't know anyone from games industry when we'll started.

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2014, 02:47:08 AM »
My current crazy idea is making a quilt pattern out of the Nordic council design...

Sounds cool! Minna's version of the design is so much better than the current official one that I think they should change it. And of course give Minna a handsom reward for using her work ;)
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

ConnieMW

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2014, 08:37:54 AM »
yay, an Irish person :).

Heh heh, yep. I haven't seen a lot of other Irish people on here so far, so I guess I'll have to not mess up representing my country :P

ConnieMW

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2014, 08:40:23 AM »
Now to find out if she's a ginger or a leprechaun.

Neither I'm afraid! But I am a writer and Ireland is known as the "Island of Saints and Scholars" so hopefully that counts :D

MJL

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2014, 10:11:58 AM »
So it's been ages since I've been a member of a forum, but I like SSSS so much, and the topics going on round here look so interesting, that I thought, 'why not?'

Anyway, about me: I found the comic two weeks ago, through Mental Floss I think (the language tree graphic), and then spent a few days going through the comic from the beginning. Of course I catch up right at the start of a chapter break, which is going to be awesome for the wirthdrawal symptoms  ::)

I'm Dutch, 30 years old, and work as a copy editor and project coordinator for a small-ish publisher of geoscience books. I studied English at uni (and have a Master's in Translation though I never really used it). My hobbies include reading, writing, sewing, music, and webcomics. ;)

Rae

• My grade B buddy
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »
Sounds cool! Minna's version of the design is so much better than the current official one that I think they should change it. And of course give Minna a handsom reward for using her work ;)

Oh, wow. I agree with you - that logo looks like it belongs to a fly-by-night regional airline.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »
Heh heh, yep. I haven't seen a lot of other Irish people on here so far, so I guess I'll have to not mess up representing my country :P

You'll do fine, I'm sure. It's only a year since I last visited your country, but I really miss it.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »
that logo looks like it belongs to a fly-by-night regional airline.
Pray tell, what makes you think that? ::)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

ConnieMW

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2014, 02:54:05 PM »
You'll do fine, I'm sure. It's only a year since I last visited your country, but I really miss it.

I can assure you, it hasn't changed much in a year. Still rainy, still cold, yet somehow still quite pretty.

Rae

• My grade B buddy
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2014, 03:19:19 PM »
Pray tell, what makes you think that? ::)

Ah, haha, the bird on the Lufthansa logo has an appropriately optimistic take-off angle going for it at least! Not fly-by-night at all  ;D  The Nordic council logo brings to mind pontoon planes landing on Canadian/Alaskan lakes...