Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581054 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2280 on: April 28, 2016, 01:57:04 PM »
Welcome, Tikadurmi :) Might cookies help you to avoid burn-out ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2281 on: April 28, 2016, 02:07:59 PM »
Hello, I'm Tikadurmi, a 34-years old Finnish native living in Helsinki. When I'm not reading SSSS, I work as a biomedical laboratory technologist. Because life is not busy enough with full-time work and two small children, I also study Biology at university. Burn-out here I come! SSSS is my way of relieving stress: Sigrun's team is in a worse mess than I am.

Welcome! : D Wow, sure sounds like you have a lot on your plate. It's great that reading SSSS helps you relax, though. Must say I've felt the same, sometimes. "At least I'm not on an under-supplied research mission into dangerous territory..." ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2282 on: April 28, 2016, 06:05:31 PM »
Hello, I'm Tikadurmi, a 34-years old Finnish native living in Helsinki. When I'm not reading SSSS, I work as a biomedical laboratory technologist. Because life is not busy enough with full-time work and two small children, I also study Biology at university. Burn-out here I come! SSSS is my way of relieving stress: Sigrun's team is in a worse mess than I am.
Tervetuloa, Tikadurmi! *throws confetti*
Wow, a full-time job, studies, and little kids. That's pretty impressive.  :D
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2283 on: April 28, 2016, 09:15:20 PM »
Hello and welcome, Tikadurmi! And to reassure you: speaking as someone who has done it, it is possible to survive the combination of study, work and children. You just acquire a bunch of extra grey hairs as well.

And SSSS is a most excellent way to survive those stresses! As is the Forum. Again, welcome!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2284 on: April 28, 2016, 11:19:54 PM »

Welcome! That's quite the impressive amount of things on your plate, and I agree with everyone else, SSSS is a great way to relieve stress. ;D I hope you enjoy it here!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2285 on: April 29, 2016, 12:18:14 AM »
I agree with everyone else, SSSS is a great way to relieve stress. ;D

Except when Minna leaves us on a cliffhanger on a Friday :o

Welcome!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2286 on: April 30, 2016, 04:35:39 AM »
Except when Minna leaves us on a cliffhanger on a Friday :o

Welcome!

Oi, Dat Fing, what is this geode you refer to in your summary?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2287 on: April 30, 2016, 08:17:46 AM »
Oi, Dat Fing, what is this geode you refer to in your summary?

It is a geode of pure concept, representing and parodying my egotistical need for constant praise and attention
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Passing Mention

• Super-Newbie
  • The sardonic guy in the back.
  • Preferred pronouns: I don't really care, just never use they/them or ze/hir.
« Reply #2288 on: April 30, 2016, 06:41:28 PM »
Hey. You can call me Passing, or whatever. I don't really care too much. But as for a little bit about me, I'm a writer, RPer, and also a terrible artist who still sometimes draws things. I have way too much time on my hands, so I'll probably be here at least semi-frequently. But overall, it's nice to be here, ad I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Someday I want to run away
To the world of midnight

Mélusine

« Reply #2289 on: April 30, 2016, 06:46:55 PM »
Welcome, Passing Mention :) With such interests I'm sure you'll find some interesting threads here or there on the forum. Do you like cookies ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2290 on: April 30, 2016, 09:22:53 PM »
Big SSSSForum welcomes to Tikadurmi and Passing Mention!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2291 on: April 30, 2016, 10:42:30 PM »
Hello and welcome, Passing Mention! You should find it interesting here, and of course the way to become a better artist is to do more art. Fortunately we have this excellent art thread.... Hope you'll enjoy being here!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2292 on: May 01, 2016, 08:27:40 AM »
This is quite embarrassing as I have been around the commentariat and the forums for a while now but didn't find this place for a long time. Soooooo, just like the party guest which has hung around your yard and your kitchen and your living room chatting up your guests until someone actually asks "Who is that strange woman?" I think I have to make an introduction at last.

Hiya, I'm Talimee. *waves* I'm 37 years old and what is called a long-time-student (which has given me issues, but let's not talk about that). I am interested in many things but cannot hold my interest for long - so I have assembled a hodgepodge of knowledge about arts, history, literature, nature, astronomy, geology, meteorology, archeology, medicine and alternative medicine, theology, politics and so on. Things that elude me are philosophy and music. I don't know why. So you can imagine that in my virtual strolls around here I have already picked up a lot of interesting facts and opinions and I want to thank you all for that.
As for my hobbies: During the last years it was mainly Gaming and Knitting/Crocheting but being around so many great artists and writers here I have found my courage to start writing again (and to a lesser extant: drawing). I have not created anything for years and right now it is an uphill-struggle to produce anything worthwhile but I hope I will become better at it for this. The all-around encouragement of this fandom is very helpful in trying things out. Thank you for that as well. =)

So. That's that out of the way. ^^;
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Mélusine

« Reply #2293 on: May 01, 2016, 12:56:36 PM »
You can still have welcome cookies, Talimee :) :squirrelcookie:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2294 on: May 01, 2016, 02:45:29 PM »
Welcome Talimee!  It's never too late to wave and say hi
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: