Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581063 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2250 on: April 21, 2016, 09:32:55 AM »
Hi! It seems this is the thread for newcomers to introduce themself, so hello! I'm Ix, I'm from the US and I speak English, but I've been trying to learn Swedish lately (It's been hard since I have memory issues and attention problems and I forget everything I learn. Other than the swear words, but that's different, heh). I have mostly Swedish ancestry, I go by they/them pronouns, and I discovered SSSS about a week ago last Monday and finished it last Friday. I do draw quite a bit, but I don't have access to digital art programs or tools like tablets so if I post any art you can expect it to not be the best or the highest-quality. My favorite kind of cookies are either butter cookies, chocolate chip, or kringla; My favorite movies alternate but I'll always have a soft spot for the lame early 2000s live-action Scooby Doo movie purely because of how bad it is; And my favorite color's teal! Aaaaand what else to add? My favorite character in SSSS has got to be either Tuuri or Sigrun! But yeah, I've read SSSS all the way to the recent chapter break, and I'd love to talk about that if anyone wants to PM me or something!

Welcome to the forum and have some :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Ix

• Zoinks, Scoob!!
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #2251 on: April 21, 2016, 09:51:27 AM »
Welcome, Ix! They may not be on your list of favorites (yet), but have some squirrel cookies: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: If you're looking for people to commiserate with you over the ups and downs of learning Swedish, there's a thread in the language board. And please, post some of your art in the art museum! I personally love seeing a new artist's style pop up there, and we can always use more offerings to the SigrunVoid and more adorable Tuuri's! So welcome once again!

P.S. Teal is a great color :)

Ha, thanks for the squirrel cookies!! I'll have to check out the Language Board asap, talking with other people who're learning it or who speak it would be nice! I'll be sure to get onto posting my art, too - I agree that Sigrun and Tuuri need more art!! Thank you for the welcome~

P.S. Yeah, it's awesome!!!

Hello and welcome, Ix! As you look around the forum you will find the Language Board, where I'm sure people can help you with Swedish. Have fun!

Hello to you, too! Thanks for the welcome, I'll definitely check out the Language Board now! Thank you!

Welcome Ix!  We're a cool bunch and I bet you'll be able to get help in Swedish

Thank you! You guys seem awesome!

Welcome to the forum and have some :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Thank you for the welcome! And ha, more squirrel cookies! Thanks!
I survived the :chap11: break!!

"Now that you're dead, what are you gonna do with your life?"

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2252 on: April 21, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »
More squirrel cookies for you Ix ! :squirrelcookie: Welcome :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2253 on: April 21, 2016, 01:40:08 PM »
Welcome Ix! It seems like you'll find plenty to interest you around here. (And yes, please do post some art!)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2254 on: April 21, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »
Welcome Ix! (Is that an Eddsworld avatar I see?)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Ix

• Zoinks, Scoob!!
« Reply #2255 on: April 21, 2016, 04:01:07 PM »
More squirrel cookies for you Ix ! :squirrelcookie: Welcome :)

Thank you!! ^v^

Welcome Ix! It seems like you'll find plenty to interest you around here. (And yes, please do post some art!)

Thank you! I agree, everything seems really interesting here! (And I will, don't worry!)

Welcome Ix! (Is that an Eddsworld avatar I see?)

Thank you! (And yes, it is! I love Eddsworld, heh!)

Seventy by Heart

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2256 on: April 21, 2016, 06:35:17 PM »
Helloooo. Random Canadian, here. Usually called Anna but answer to various permutations of my username as well. Devoured SSSS in a single sitting a month or so ago and have been an addict since. I'm a fannish type – mostly writing, sometimes meta, neither of them too often – so this seems to be a good place for me to be. Right now I mostly live on Tumblr (seventybyheart) if anyone wants to find me there, though I'm around LJ and DW too at intervals.

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #2257 on: April 21, 2016, 06:37:34 PM »
Helloooo. Random Canadian, here. Usually called Anna but answer to various permutations of my username as well. Devoured SSSS in a single sitting a month or so ago and have been an addict since. I'm a fannish type – mostly writing, sometimes meta, neither of them too often – so this seems to be a good place for me to be. Right now I mostly live on Tumblr (seventybyheart) if anyone wants to find me there, though I'm around LJ and DW too at intervals.

Screeee, you're here. :D And you have come to a really, really good place, this forum is wonderful!
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #2258 on: April 21, 2016, 07:05:55 PM »

Welcome Seventy by Heart! Have some squirrel cookies! (/◕ヮ◕)/ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2259 on: April 21, 2016, 07:18:09 PM »
Welcome Hmm-Hmm, Jhev, Treefloof, Ix and Seventy by Heart!

I have to ask - Ix, can you satisfactorily explain what a Hrung is, and why it should choose to collapse on Betelgeuse Seven?
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Ix

• Zoinks, Scoob!!
« Reply #2260 on: April 21, 2016, 07:20:34 PM »
I'm afraid not, that's how I got my nickname! Ha!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2261 on: April 21, 2016, 07:27:35 PM »

Wooo! More canadians! Welcome! I hope you like it here :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2262 on: April 21, 2016, 07:38:11 PM »

Yay another Canadian! Welcome to the forum!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2263 on: April 21, 2016, 08:26:04 PM »
Welcome, Seventy by Heart! We're beginning to get a lot of Canadians. Hope to see you around the Forum.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

« Reply #2264 on: April 22, 2016, 05:17:27 AM »
Welcome, Seventy by Heart :) More cookies ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: