Author Topic: Star Wars (general about the universe and the franchise)  (Read 375 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Star Wars (general about the universe and the franchise)
« on: August 10, 2021, 04:17:21 PM »
I just finished Season 2 of the Mandalorian, which prompted me to open this thread. I’ll be happy to discuss The Mandalorian series as well, should anyone want to, but I also read the news about the sith-load of new stuff Disney is releasing and / or planning.

So this thread is for discussion about existing and upcoming films and series. Let’s keep this one spoiler-free , i.e. not go into the actual events. Except for the original movies (1-6, if you insist on believing that 1-3 exist), those are old enough to be out of spoiler-zone, don’t you think?

If there is something spoilerific nevertheless need to mention, make sure to put it under spoilers and describe clearly what it spoilers on (for example Mandalorian Episode 6 or Mandalorian series 1 up to and including Episode 6) (don’t remember if there is something special about episode 6, this is an example).

And now to business. Have noticed just how many titles are in the pipeline? Is this good or bad, or maybe bit of both? The Mandalorian has been very high quality, but can they keep up the quality when milling out several series at the same time?

For example the creature design and effects clearly have received loads of attention as well as a hefty budget in Mandalorian. For me it is perhaps the main thrill - the environments and creatures bring the galaxy far far away close to home. So I’m happy to see they are so far doing that right.

🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.