Author Topic: Lovely People aka 'the bunny comic'  (Read 108038 times)

Raaffiie

Re: Lovely People aka 'the bunny comic'
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2021, 07:38:14 AM »
There already is a subreddit, but it is not a confortable format for a lot of people and also the site is trash in general so not a lot of people are on it

Yeah, I certainly get that sentiment as well, especially given the nature of this community. I never really visit the front page of Reddit either, though I do find the subreddit structure quite handy. Still, it might be nice to consider a forum structure that's a bit less linear and is more suited to one-on-one conversation.
Native: 🇳🇱
Fluent: 🇬🇧
Advanced(last I checked): 🇫🇷
Learning: 🇫🇮, 🇯🇵
Just started: 🇪🇸
Can understand, but terrible at speaking: 🇩🇪

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2021, 08:22:19 AM »
Alright, I was gone for a day and almost three more pages appeared here.
However, I will argue no more. Minna said it. In her notes on the latest page update she said it perfectly. She earned my greatest respect by being so strong and so confident in her faith. I feel safe for her.
It is great to see that we can just come here and share our thoughts and have such an argument like one we have here. It is also great to see that it keeps being civil. There were a few words that made me feel pretty much insulted as a follower of certain beliefs but that is normal for an argument of this sort.
Also, all the newbies, welcome to the forum! It would be fun to see you all in the Introduction thread on General Discussion board:tuuri:
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Superdark33

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Magnificent Coatl
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2021, 09:33:15 AM »
I dont feel safe being around people who want to erase not just my culture and ideals, but my life and existence.
Incumbent cutest and prettiest member of the fandom

Currently scheming....

TheOneThatGotAway

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2021, 09:52:27 AM »
(Wo)Man, what a ride. Lovely People was basically Black Mirror's Nosedive, but with bunnies, and religion as the One True Saviour. I'm sorry, not religion, but Christianity. I can live with that, I can just go "ugh" every time someone suggests that only through faith my poor soul will be saved.

BUT

I can't live with the whole Black/White set-up, no middle-ground possible. I can't live with the "people like us have a Pathtm when we get kicked out of society". I can't live with the imagined persecution, when characters live in a society where they're actively persecuting others, even children, for not "groupthinking" up until it suddenly hits THEM. I can't STAND people who throw aside all critical thinking when it behooves (bepaws?) them.

I worry for Minna. Like others, I'm afraid she's heading towards the deep end and she just took off her floaties because "God is with her". In my book, you can have faith in whatever religion you want, you can write your own stories about it, you can publish those, you can try to persuade me you're right and I'm wrong,... but you can't do that if you're not willing to engage in discussions about it where I can tell you YOU are wrong, and what YOU are saying is toxic and hurting a lot of people.

Also, the whole thing about seeing ghosts of a social credit system behind the EU trying to facilitate the free travel of all Europeans in the aftermath of a horrendous pandemic? Get out of here. That's some conspiracy theory BS.

I'm sorry, I just expected more from Minna. Now I'm just wondering what her real thoughts would be when confronted with the Chinese practices against the Uyghurs. Or what she feels about many, many of her readers not being able to go to heaven?

Caveat, I'm a bit emotional rn: Raised christian, but never really a believer, currently pretty atheist. At the same time, right now, my decently religious grand-mother is having heartsurgery, and I don't know if I should burn a candle for her, say a prayer to a god I don't believe in, or in case things go south, either hope that there IS an afterlife and she was good enough, or believe there is nothing but the memories we would keep of her.

BTW: first time here on the forum, you all sound like very nice, articulate, smart people.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2021, 10:20:21 AM »
I feel safe for her.

idk man, setting aside the way feelings of other people were hurt with what she said (and she legit said a mean thing and hurt people, myself included tbh), it seems she has very bad opinion of herself at the moment, and she didn't do anything that would be worthy of calling herself a terrible bad sinner. she's just not one. she draws comics and earns money for a living like a normal person, declaring herself bad is just

not true.

and it's a toxic mindset to have. you're allowed to be happy. you're allowed to be proud of making art as good as minna's. calling yourself bad for being happy just tells me she's really not feeling well.

plus, what she said about the passports and social credits and touched upon medications... it's objectively incorrect.

i hope her family manages to reach out to her. in time, they might get through.
religion in itself is not a bad thing, but the worries people have is that this particular way of thinking she seems to have adopted is unhealthy for her, and hurtful to others. yknow.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

PyroDesu

• Laudato si ad astra
  • Preferred pronouns: He/They
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2021, 10:44:39 AM »
Calling yourself bad for being happy just tells me she's really not feeling well.

This, combined with brushing off all duly deserved criticism, and worse, genuine concern, as people with hate in their hearts.

Nobody who is concerned about another's well-being like this is anything at all resembling hateful. But those who would seek to isolate a person from their support would tell them it is, because it means they disagree with the beliefs that are being pushed.

Add in the NWO conspiracy stuff, the way a lot of comments from "long time readers but not commenters" came in not only with vapid support for such and her new hardline outlook, but also towards the end to attack anyone who criticized it or expressed concern...
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2021, 10:47:08 AM »

BTW: first time here on the forum, you all sound like very nice, articulate, smart people.

Thanks!

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2021, 10:56:28 AM »
If I might make a suggestion, and if people are comfortable with it, why don't you make a subreddit for this group? That would allow you to keep the structure of the comment section

When the snopes boards died, some of the survivors came over to a reddit. It never worked anywhere as well as the message board format, and while it's theoretically still alive, has had no posts at all for a month, and only a couple per month for some time before that.

If this board is entirely independent, and enough people want to keep it going, perhaps it could just change its name, and we could seek out other comics for discussion.

Crumpite

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Preferred pronouns: Hey, you !
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2021, 11:18:33 AM »
That was my thought too, that we could turn into a general discussion board of sorts.
As much as I dislike Disqus, its format makes it easier to browse its contents and interject comments where you want too.

Róisín,
Don't worry about me leaving this group !
There are too many folks here that I consider friends 😀
I'm just bringing up contingency plans in case Minna turns SSSS into a right wing Christian conspiracy haven.
I've seen it happen before...
She's a grown adult and can make her own decisions about her life but I still grieve a bit and feel sorry for her.
That's the problem with old age, you've seen it all before but no one listens because you're just a doddering old fool 😀
Oh, and thanks for the compliment 😉

Selena

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2021, 11:27:14 AM »
Great way to tell your non-christian followers a huge "f.uck you" Minna. Bravo.

The irony of this is she's doing exactly what the comic and her words warn against.

You aren't "in" the social group then you are an un-person.

Not a christian that holds god and jesus above all? You're an un-person.

f.uck you too.

Not gonna support a fanatic that thinks I shouldn't exist just because I'm not christian.

Thought you were better than this. Guess I was wrong.

Marvin

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2021, 12:01:06 PM »
I'm in no way affiliated with the forum, it's all fan-operated, and I don't visit there, so whatever the mods decide to allow is up to them, I don't mind.

So F.U. Fans and your forum?

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2021, 12:14:04 PM »
Great way to tell your non-christian followers a huge "f.uck you" Minna. Bravo.

The irony of this is she's doing exactly what the comic and her words warn against.

You aren't "in" the social group then you are an un-person.

Not a christian that holds god and jesus above all? You're an un-person.

f.uck you too.

Not gonna support a fanatic that thinks I shouldn't exist just because I'm not christian.

Thought you were better than this. Guess I was wrong.

Sigh. And this only after one new member complimented the forum for civil, cultured atmosphere...

Could you please express your dissatisfaction in CIVIL way? Without insults?

Superdark33

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Magnificent Coatl
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2021, 12:18:44 PM »
Sigh. And this only after one new member complimented the forum for civil, cultured atmosphere...

Could you please express your dissatisfaction in CIVIL way? Without insults?

the comic, the afterword, and the comments that followed it all show with no doubt that offense was fully meant to anyone who doesnt agree with the author, can you blame anyone for taking that offense?
Incumbent cutest and prettiest member of the fandom

Currently scheming....

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2021, 12:33:26 PM »
Hey guys, we know people are upset and this is a really difficult topic, but in order for this discussion to take place, we need to refrain from name calling and posting things that do not contribute to the discussion.

If you disagree with someone or agree with someone, explain why in a respectful tone. This lets us learn from each other. We're not all going to agree, and we're not going to be able to change everyone's minds. If you are feeling frustrated, then please step back and take some time away from this discussion.

If there is a post that you suspect is breaking the forum rules or is problematic, please report it rather than engaging. We have moderators for this very reason.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2021, 12:35:54 PM »
Ok, I'm a bit buffled by all of this. Plus a bit of a slowpoke.
What happened? Did Mina said smth wrong?
Native: Russian.
Fluent: English.
Understandable: Belorussian and Ukrainian.
A bit: French.