Author Topic: YoinkTober 2023 - Tenth Anniversary Edition  (Read 5628 times)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: YoinkTober 2023 - Tenth Anniversary Edition
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2023, 07:28:56 PM »
That monster is one incredibly well-designed puppet, dmeck! I must admit, despite having studied 3D-art, I´m still almost more interested in movies that do without (a lot of) it and still create something like this. Thanks for pointing me to this movie!

26: A perfect 10

I humbly apologize for this very uncreative shitpost.

27: 10 soldiers

Someone´s elaborate nutcracker-collection. Not all of them depict soldiers, mostly because I eventually ran out of interesting ways to style the typical uniform.
The one on the top-right is styled after the Toy Soldier from the Mechanisms, because it gave me the idea to draw this. (Even though the Toy Soldier is normally not a nut-cracker. :.D )

28: The Top 10 (Clickbait Challenge)

I had like half an hour at all to fulfil this prompt, which was a bummer, because I think it´s one of the most interesting ones from this list. But I only have a title and a silly little doodle about all the things I was actually supposed to be doing that has nothing to do with it for you.
Regularly scheduled program with things I put more effort into resumes with the next batch of prompts. :)

:sparkle: TOP 10 secret libraries in Denmark WOW! :sparkle:
Number 5 holds an  :sparkle:EXPLOSIVE :sparkle: surprise
REAL! not Clickbait! CLICK HERE!

supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2023, 12:48:43 AM »
Effort works, Mirasol, even low effort.  (spoken as someone who has not applied the effort I thought I could)

Your stuff is awesome, **mwah**
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2023, 04:08:24 AM »
Mirasol, everyone, your contributions are great!

I’ll have you know I have a couple of stories for these prompts in the making. Hopefully promises will help me actually pull through with them! Stupid work interfering with real life again! I’m on the plane about to go to  Lapland again, this time to a conference / trade fair thingy that will a) claim my evenings and b) has already caused me to be busy with work before it, and likely after too. It’s interesting and it’s nice to go in person after the pandemic years, but it’s also putting a strain on my YoinkTober!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2023, 06:09:10 AM »
psst no sweat, and no judgement
We're here to have some fun, enriching our lives. A couple of these are WIPs in my head, too. What can you do?

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2023, 08:23:38 AM »
28: The Top 10 (Clickbait Challenge)

I had like half an hour at all to fulfil this prompt, which was a bummer, because I think it´s one of the most interesting ones from this list. But I only have a title and a silly little doodle about all the things I was actually supposed to be doing that has nothing to do with it for you.
Regularly scheduled program with things I put more effort into resumes with the next batch of prompts. :)

:sparkle: TOP 10 secret libraries in Denmark WOW! :sparkle:
Number 5 holds an  :sparkle:EXPLOSIVE :sparkle: surprise
REAL! not Clickbait! CLICK HERE!

Mirasol, your art is wonderful and this made me have a literal out-loud laugh when I saw it, so don't worry about it being silly!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2023, 08:30:02 PM »
Mirasol, if you don't mind, I'd like to borrow the flower border design from the perfect 10 for some embroidery; I love it!
Low effort or not, your work is always a delight; like others, I got a laugh of appreciation out of your "silly little doodle"!
That is a fine collection of nutcrackers! Loved them all!

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2023, 08:12:46 PM »
Sure Buteo, I don´t mind. If you do I´d love to see it! :))

Jitter, if you still feel like finishing those stories, I´ll be looking forward to them! But if not, that´s fine too.

So, then this is my last batch!
Happy 10th Birthday SSSS!
I didn´t do an extra-contribution on account of being away for most of yesterday, so let me just tell you how this challenge was once again so much fun! Thank you again Wave for providing inspiration for my drawing antics!!! And your, Dmeck, Jitter, thorny, Keep Looking, Noonnoommoon, Iwise... I´m surely forgetting someone, but your contributions were a delight to read and to look at!!!
I´m looking forward to YoinkTober every year. But damn college-homework is a lot more time-consuming than anticipated... So having free evenings from now on is much needed... :.D

29: Troll 10-tacles

A good monster-prompt, just what I needed on that day.
I don´t think it really ended up looking like a troll, but hopefully it sufficiently ended up in the general ballpark of scary.

30: thoughts on Chapter 10

Did you know that there are squirrels in both chapter 10s?
Other than that, I don´t really know what to say here. I like both 10th Chapters. I forgot just how much plot fit into the one in A1. Meanwhile, A2´s 10th Chapter is a just as needed break in the action with the crew reuniting with Onni and going to the lehto.

To fit the theme I redrew a panel from one of the 10th Chapters, and my choice fell on one from page 462 of A1. I was still in a spooky mood. :)

31: ten puns (the horror)

For starters, one horrendous Halloween-howler:
I was going to be a vampire for Halloween, but my brother bit me to it. At first this put me into a grave mood, but then I suggested to add a bat to complete the costume. He asked me since when vampires play baseball.
(In reality, neither me nor my brother went as anything but sleep-deprived college students as we were in college until 7:30pm each. :.D Otherwise I would have probably been a witch, but at least I will get the chance to dress up as one now probably not very unexpected undead this weekend.)

Well, my brain drew a blank on this one. :P But I drew a picture instead!

Here´s one final witch-character, one specializing in tricks, shenanigans and bad PUNchlines to be exact.

(Every pun intended, as bad as they were. I am cringing rereading this.)
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2023, 08:20:29 AM »
Thank you Mirasol for your steady contributions! Your art is always a delight. BTW the commission piece from you is one of my favorite "fan arts" but as it's not strictly speaking fan art (or is it? There is a squirrel cookie!) I didn't put it on my list. But it's on the dining room wall close to my teapots and it makes me happy to see it :) Thank you everyone, and especially Wave!

Here's a little backlog, with our most beloved Cat Tank. Not even a full month late!

EDITED to add that I meant to say translations are omitted for dialogue flow. The required translators are present. The Cat Tank does not have babelfish functions!

Stepping out of the Cat Tank, Emil stumbled on the stairs. Again. “Stupid useless tin can! Why does it have to be so complicated!”

“Useless? Do you really think so?” Mikkel was mildly amused. “I’m certain it’s rather useful. Walking all this way would have taken much longer.”
“Well, ok, yeah, I’ll give it that. I acknowledge we need transport.”

“What is it?” Tuuri joined the conversation.
“It’s nothing” Emil mumbled.
“Emil thinks the tank is useless” Mikkel supplied, always helpful.
“Useless! How can you say that!” Tuuri was indignant over such an insult at her beloved machine. “It transports us AND the books. You wouldn’t want to carry the books, would you?”
“Well ok, it does help us and the books move.”
“I will have you know it is excellent transportation equipment. It can go both forwards and backwards! It even has this handy mirror, where I can see where I’m driving when backing up. I don’t know how it’s only on the left side, but it’s still very useful. And with the floodlights I can drive even in darkness.”

“Hey guys! What are you talking about?” Reynir joined in.
“Emil seems to think the tank is useless!”
“Oh no, surely not! The tank provides us with warm water for laundry! And your decontamination baths!”
“Speaking of decontamination, it also has the decom chamber.”
“Oh yes, that is very useful! Otherwise, I would have to wash everything every day! And! Not to forget the food storage! It’s thanks to the tank we have so much food with us!”
“Yes. Food storage, indeed.” Mikkel agreed. Very, very nonchalantly.

“What is this? You have found a food storage?” Sigrun sounded enthusiastic.
“Sorry, no. We are talking about how useful the tank is. Like how we can store our food inside it.”
“Oh yes! And it can also store you, the non-immunes! You would be dead already if we didn’t have it for protection. It’s almost like a moving fortress. Especially with the perimeter warning system! Well, that can’t be set up while moving, but you know what I mean! It protects us! And! And! I have just had a marvelous idea! Imagine, it would be even better if it had a biiiig gun in it! Imagine how big bullets it could fire! Really, such a thing would be most best!”

“Okay okay okay” Emil threw his hands up. “So maybe it does provide transport, carrying capacity, two-way movement with a reversing mirror…”
“And lights! So it moves forwards and backwards, day and night!” Tuuri was very proud of her tank friend.
“Yes. Floodlights. And, storage space, warm water, decon, protection and a warning system. But other than that it’s just an almost useless tin bucket!”

“Mrrh?” Lalli popped his head from the doorway.
“Emil doesn’t like the tank! He thinks it’s useless” Tuuri complained to her cousin.
“I agree it is clumsy, slow, noisy and stupid looking. But all of you like sleeping inside, especially him. So, we had to bring the stupid machine.”
“See, Emil, even Lalli thinks we need the tank. For sleeping.”
“I give up! The tank is fine!”
“It is the most best tank! I knew you would eventually understand it, with my tutoring!”
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 07:15:37 AM by Jitter »

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

dmeck7755

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2023, 11:49:17 AM »
Tahnk yo everyone for the wonderful contributions for YoinkTober 2023.  It was definitely very enjoyable!!
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2023, 11:22:34 PM »
Mirasol, the tentacles are quite lovely! (I'm sorry I don't find them spooky, they're very aesthetic, okay?  I love the designs on them.) But the ghostie redraw of chapter 10 does give me that tentacle feeling like the original did - appropriately spooky! 
And your witch character is impressive, both in terms of character design and costuming. *flails* You did such a great job overall this month!

Jitter, your functionalities of the Cat-Tank is fun.  Poor Emil.

Did he ever get used to people disagreeing with his kvetching? 

Many thanks to all who participated in this year's YoinkTober, and if, like Jitter, you still have something in the WIP pile, what the hey? Carry on and post it anyway!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2023, 07:22:39 AM »
Thank you Wave for the illustration to the story  :sigrun: :emil: :lalli:

I have more in the WIP basket so here’s hoping!