Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387639 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #14505 on: March 15, 2016, 04:15:29 PM »
OH HECK i almost forgot about it!! today is my 1 year forum joining anniversary!!!!! IT'S BEEN A WILD RIDE
you'll know where to find me.

IKEA

« Reply #14506 on: March 15, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »
OH HECK i almost forgot about it!! today is my 1 year forum joining anniversary!!!!! IT'S BEEN A WILD RIDE
Wow, only 4000-ish posts in a year? You've gotta step it up  ;)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #14507 on: March 15, 2016, 04:22:31 PM »

Huzzah!

Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #14508 on: March 15, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »

\o/
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #14509 on: March 15, 2016, 04:32:32 PM »
Wow, only 4000-ish posts in a year? You've gotta step it up  ;)
EXCUSE ME who single-handedly usurped the post throne from the then-reigning fimbulvarg themself?? and has created THE MOST fanart in the entire fandom? and partially caused the birth of the self-insert trend that grew into its own board? NONE OTHER THAN YOURS TRULYYYyYyy

I kid. i mean not about the accomplishments because obviously i'm just that great and amazing, and WHy THANK YOU ALLLL

in all seriousness I've never had so much fandom-related fun before, and I've made so many excellent friends that I can barely keep up with it (I'M SORRY), and if I hadn't been here during my summer in prague i would have been so incredibly lonely. so uh. thank you for being such a huge part of my life! I know I'm not very active right now, but keeping up my past activity was kind of all-consuming^^" I no longer spam every page of the art museum, but i read it every day and it always warms my heart to see how it keeps going and how people keep creating and aaahhhhhh!! THE SAP. I'M FEELING IT

edit: and let us not forget how i began my forum carreer with a "I don't think I'll be very active". it has been used as an example so many times................
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:35:00 PM by Haiz »

IKEA

« Reply #14510 on: March 15, 2016, 04:35:14 PM »
Even though I'm very new, I've read every new haiz post with delight and anticipation. Good job!

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #14511 on: March 15, 2016, 05:20:05 PM »
Haiz, and with such aplomb and savoir faire. And as IKEA said "I've read every new haiz post with delight and anticipation. Good job!" Indeed.

I'm about a month away from 1 year and rapidly, ha! approaching 250 posts ;D

PS I think I know where you got your current avatar, but I won't tell   ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:29:53 PM by Iceea »
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #14512 on: March 15, 2016, 05:48:26 PM »
Even though I'm very new, I've read every new haiz post with delight and anticipation. Good job!
Haiz, and with such aplomb and savoir faire. And as IKEA said "I've read every new haiz post with delight and anticipation. Good job!" Indeed.
OH STOP IT YOU i'm very flattered!!!

actually I hadn't really noticed my post count is over 3,900 now.... I seem to have a tradition of posting artd fanart for every thousandth post..................... i should uphold that tradition if my effort levels allow me >:3c

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #14513 on: March 15, 2016, 05:52:43 PM »
actually I hadn't really noticed my post count is over 3,900 now.... I seem to have a tradition of posting artd fanart for every thousandth post..................... i should uphold that tradition if my effort levels allow me >:3c

Hopefully they will allow, because this is a very excellent tradition, yes. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #14514 on: March 15, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »
One year!? I though teh Haiz had been here since the very start! (Which is some time in... the 1940s, right?)

Congrats!  :))
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #14515 on: March 15, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »
My anniversary-of-joining is the same day as the forum's own anniversary, so I can just go full Emil and pretend the festive mood is all about me.

Your wallet only hates you because you look so good.!

Smooth

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #14516 on: March 17, 2016, 06:15:38 AM »
Aaand it's now been a year since I joined the forum! How time flies when you're having fun... :D
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #14517 on: March 17, 2016, 06:43:58 AM »
Congratulations, SectoBoss! You're about three weeks ahead of me. I was reading long before, but didn't actually discover how Disqus worked until last April.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14518 on: March 17, 2016, 09:16:36 AM »
My windows 10 laptop gave me a message saying it needed to restart to install updates but I was using it so I clicked cancel, "I'll restart it when I'm done" I think. Then a few minutes later the computer apparently thinks eff you I'm restarting anyway and the screen goes black without warning and then "restarting" shows up. Thankfully I was just browsing reddit but if I had been working on something then I would have lost it for sure.
So uh, moral of the story is that windows thinks you're a massive inconvenience and doesn't care what you want or don't want to do it will do what IT wants to do whenever it wants.  >:(

Oh and as a bonus after restarting it shows me the notification "Windows could not install updates"
great
Pretentious? Moi?

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #14519 on: March 17, 2016, 11:17:48 AM »
Yepp, I remember always checking the scheduled updates thing so it doesn't turn off on me. When Windows generously set back the photo viewer for like the fourth time to their shiny new app from the old one I liked... I had enough and finally installed Linux, after procrastinating for like half a year. (huge thanks to Troposphère for walking me through it!)

I swear, Linux could/should use the catchphrase "Do you want to actually own your computer? Install Linux!" :D
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: