Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410959 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #14160 on: February 26, 2016, 05:25:15 PM »
Still feel so new though, even though I've been here since, like, August.
I assume I can't say that after nearly one year... but it's like it was yesterday that I took one hour to write a first message in a foreign language :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #14161 on: February 27, 2016, 02:14:36 AM »
I started reading on March 25th 2013 :P I know this because it was at the point when Hannu had flung the piece of charcoal into the fire and *things* were happening and all I needed to do was to find the page :3 I read the whole of ARTD in two days and then very nearly failed the assignment I was supposed to be doing for uni because I just couldn't stop  ::)

Didn't join the forum immediately, but I stalked the art museum like hell from day 1! Eventually joining after some discus encouraging ;D

Hahah, I felt like a newbie for the longest time, but now I've seen people come and go, and threads become created and fade away, drawn gazillions of fan arts through all of it, and it looks like I'm still here. Guess there's not much reason to feel newbie-ish anymore......although to be honest, I don't know if the feeling will ever go away
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #14162 on: February 27, 2016, 02:47:58 AM »
it's been made fun of several times, but I suppose it's a classic - in my introduction post I said that "I don't think I'll be very active". and from there I went straight upwards to the #1 spot on the "most posts" list. I have to admit I'm not as active anymore recently, but life started happening a lot so.... There's that.
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #14163 on: February 27, 2016, 03:03:40 AM »
it's been made fun of several times, but I suppose it's a classic - in my introduction post I said that "I don't think I'll be very active". and from there I went straight upwards to the #1 spot on the "most posts" list. I have to admit I'm not as active anymore recently, but life started happening a lot so.... There's that.

I regret to inform you that you were actually #2 for a little while there, until you made this post ::)

I joined a year ago in November and went to the top 10 very quickly - but that was of course back when 500 posts was considered a lot. Keeping up has been hard, haha. At one point too, I was #1 for most time online :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #14164 on: February 27, 2016, 03:08:19 AM »
I regret to inform you that you were actually #2 for a little while there, until you made this post ::)
WHAT!!! WHO USURPED MY THRONE oh hi there viola

...i have to admit I no longer feel like a newbie though. I still felt like a newbie in august, but 200 fanarts and two-three forum dramas later I felt like a battle-hardened veteran.
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #14165 on: February 27, 2016, 03:12:06 AM »
I... um. I thought my forum time would go down notably after I got a job in October. I have no excuses.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #14166 on: February 27, 2016, 03:53:48 AM »
I... um. I thought my forum time would go down notably after I got a job in October. I have no excuses.

İf İ wasn't too fond of my sleeprhythm surely İ'd spend more hours in here XD
But fulljob takes its toll
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #14167 on: February 27, 2016, 04:07:58 AM »
İf İ wasn't too fond of my sleeprhythm surely İ'd spend more hours in here XD
But fulljob takes its toll

My downfall is that I'm actually allowed to spend time online at work if all the work is done and no customers are in the shop. People coming in can't see what's on the screen so it just looks like I'm doing something instead of idling behind the counter...

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #14168 on: February 27, 2016, 04:12:28 AM »
My downfall is that I'm actually allowed to spend time online at work if all the work is done and no customers are in the shop. People coming in can't see what's on the screen so it just looks like I'm doing something instead of idling behind the counter...

Maybe there is a way of creating lessons using SSSS and artd. İ fear not, though,also i'd like tonot have the board run over by my pupils :-D
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #14169 on: February 27, 2016, 06:38:34 AM »
WHAT!!! WHO USURPED MY THRONE oh hi there viola

Oops.
*looks around innocently*

I am also in the group of people who spend an embarassigly large amount of time on this site...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:40:20 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #14170 on: February 27, 2016, 09:41:23 AM »
I was back and then disappeared for three days, because yes. ::)

Thank you all for your messages! Like I said, I really missed all of you, and it's good to be back!

Happy aniverSSSSary, Haiz!!
I really liked your SSSSpam on my dashboard, it brought back so many good memories!

Hmm... I joined the forum on April 15th last year, so two more months and I'll be a one year old member! Yay! \o\
I actually started reading aRTD on March 4th in 2013 (I know that because I wrote on my journal how I was neglecting my studies over an awesome webcomic that I couldn't stop reading), and I lurked the comment section for a looooong time.

*high fives fellow lurker veteran Gwenno* ;D

My first interaction with the fandom was on the SSSS comment section, and later I gathered enough courage to create my forum account.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #14171 on: February 27, 2016, 10:07:42 AM »
I had spotty attention when aRtD was going and missed the beginning of SSSS, so I consumed it in about 2 days, right around when Lalli was entering the tunnel in the dream world (late October 2014 I think?). I feel like I was without anyone to scream to for a month, but I think that was just in real life because I joined here November 6, 2014. I love this crazy and wonderful fandom.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #14172 on: February 27, 2016, 12:45:38 PM »
My first interaction with the fandom was on the SSSS comment section, and later I gathered enough courage to create my forum account.

This is something I'll never quite understand, the need to mentally prepare oneself to join a forum as if it were an appointment to the dentist. But eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh good on you sister, we're glad to have you. You like SSSS and Star Wars so that automatically earns you a certified cool rating in my book.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #14173 on: February 27, 2016, 12:46:42 PM »

But it's true. You weren't very active.

You were extremely active.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #14174 on: February 27, 2016, 02:12:31 PM »
Watching this cookie decorating video is just... so mesmerizing!