Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410377 times)

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13920 on: February 11, 2016, 08:49:59 AM »
Finalized my application for university. Time for this dropout to drop back in again, finally.

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13921 on: February 11, 2016, 08:52:25 AM »
Despite not being ill any longer I'm still having a really annoying cough. For most time I'm not coughing at all and all's well but wait 'til a customer comes in and it's on. Worst is if I have to reach for something on the upper shelf or climb (a very rickety) little ladder to get a frame from up the wall, I just managed to cough almost nonstop for 10 min and two customers and the moment they were out the cough was gone. Trolled by a virus...

Aw, I know the feeling. My coughs always linger after colds, and it's just plain annoying, especially when you're trying to get work done. I hope it goes away soon!

Finalized my application for university. Time for this dropout to drop back in again, finally.

Ooh, congratulations!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

cati

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • ≁❀ | aguacatillo
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her(s)
« Reply #13922 on: February 11, 2016, 09:03:21 AM »
Huge congratulations, Emil!

And congrats urbicande too  ^-^

Laufey, I get that same pointless coughing for ages after I'm no longer ill, I hope yours is well on its way out!
Native: :uk: :spain:
Can use without dying of self-consciousness: :uk:
Read: :faroe: :norway: Old Icelandic, Old English
Just enough for Eurovision coverage: :sweden:
Guiltily need to get back to studying, please slap me with an appropriate wet fish: :finland: :japan:
Unintended surprising partial osmosis: :estonia: :denmark:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13923 on: February 11, 2016, 09:45:43 AM »
Congrats, Emil! That's awesome. Good luck with everything. < 3

Laufey good lord that's the WORST. D'you find that when you're a coughing mess, you can't stop, but coughing just makes you cough MORE....

...Anyway. I have a four day weekend coming up, and I'm so excited. Going to write all the things, yes indeedy.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #13924 on: February 11, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »
I have a four day weekend coming up, and I'm so excited. Going to write all the things, yes indeedy.
What a perfect plan for a weekend ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13925 on: February 11, 2016, 11:19:21 AM »
Thank yous for the cough sympathy, it's definitely annoying to greet customers with a "Good day how can I-ack hack cough hrrrk coughcoughCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH". :-\

D'you find that when you're a coughing mess, you can't stop, but coughing just makes you cough MORE....

Oh man yes! After a while of that you're wondering whether you're going to choke or puke first...  :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fenris

« Reply #13926 on: February 11, 2016, 11:22:33 AM »
Despite not being ill any longer I'm still having a really annoying cough. For most time I'm not coughing at all and all's well but wait 'til a customer comes in and it's on. Worst is if I have to reach for something on the upper shelf or climb (a very rickety) little ladder to get a frame from up the wall, I just managed to cough almost nonstop for 10 min and two customers and the moment they were out the cough was gone. Trolled by a virus...
You should hope it doesn't stick. I was sick years ago and have been coughing ever since.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13927 on: February 11, 2016, 11:41:03 AM »
You should hope it doesn't stick. I was sick years ago and have been coughing ever since.

D:

Mayyyybe have that looked at... sounds a bit worrying. Also I really, really hope I won't cough for years, just a few days is enough to make me want to hit my head to the wall in unison with the coughing.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fenris

« Reply #13928 on: February 11, 2016, 11:54:47 AM »
D:

Mayyyybe have that looked at... sounds a bit worrying. Also I really, really hope I won't cough for years, just a few days is enough to make me want to hit my head to the wall in unison with the coughing.
I did recently. I did find out that apparently my nose is broken, although that probably wasn't the cause of the coughing (they checked nose to see if there were drips into the lungs or something). Best theory I've gotten is that its just become an involuntary habit of some sort. And I know the feeling, random coughing fits can be terribly annoying.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #13929 on: February 11, 2016, 04:20:30 PM »
Having teachers at home is sometimes funny ;D One of them told us he made a lesson on Rome's foundation today and asked the pupils if they knew which animal took in Romulus and Remus. Enthusiasm from pupils, answering : "I know, I know ! A rabbit !"
We're still trying to understand why a rabbit ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13930 on: February 11, 2016, 07:56:09 PM »
Having teachers at home is sometimes funny ;D One of them told us he made a lesson on Rome's foundation today and asked the pupils if they knew which animal took in Romulus and Remus. Enthusiasm from pupils, answering : "I know, I know ! A rabbit !"
We're still trying to understand why a rabbit ^^
'Cause that's what Uncle Remus said?

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #13931 on: February 11, 2016, 08:24:43 PM »
Wow. Wake up in the middle of the night hungry, only to realize this friday we won't be having tacoes because of my dad's tonsils removal. He is forbidden from eating anything that could potentially make the surgical wounds bleed or worse.

Darn, and I was looking forward to some mexican goodness.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13932 on: February 11, 2016, 10:00:56 PM »
Chicken soup it is then?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13933 on: February 11, 2016, 10:47:29 PM »
Well, YOU could have tacos, right?
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #13934 on: February 11, 2016, 11:36:49 PM »
'Cause that's what Uncle Remus said?

That actually makes a surprising amount of sense...
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t