Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387295 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13230 on: January 01, 2016, 09:35:04 AM »
First thing I saw this morning afternoon while going to the metro station in order to go back home was an advertisement saying "Heading for Iceland, US and Canada". Thank you Icelandair, I got your message for 2016 ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #13231 on: January 01, 2016, 02:27:22 PM »
@people launching fireworks outside my room: if you feel the need to yell "RUUUUUN" at the person lighting the thing, you're doing it wrong. (ok, if you're launching big fireworks inside city limits, you're also doing it wrong, but that's a Safety Moment for another day)

Maybe they're apprentice Cleansers?   ???
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13232 on: January 01, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
First thing I saw this morning afternoon while going to the metro station in order to go back home was an advertisement saying "Heading for Iceland, US and Canada". Thank you Icelandair, I got your message for 2016 ^^

So, which of those three will it be? ;p Or all of the above?
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #13233 on: January 01, 2016, 03:10:59 PM »
So, which of those three will it be? ;p Or all of the above?
If I wasn't scared a little afraid about going somewhere on a plane and if I was more rich, all of the above ? :D
Iceland first. I would have loved to go there for my next birthday, but... it seems... a little complicated. Now. So many (good) thing may happen in a few months... In Canada I could meet Vi and you. US is... huge.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #13234 on: January 01, 2016, 03:18:48 PM »
If I wasn't scared a little afraid about going somewhere on a plane and if I was more rich, all of the above ? :D
Iceland first. I would have loved to go there for my next birthday, but... it seems... a little complicated. Now. So many (good) thing may happen in a few months... In Canada I could meet Vi and you. US is... huge.

If only we were all zillionairs.
Iceland does sound the easiest, you're right. < 3
Hmm... Canada, well. Canada's very big. If it were Canada, both you and I would have to make trips. (Vi is in a central area; I, as you know, am... not...) But it's something to think about for some time. After Iceland. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #13235 on: January 01, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »
*Has to see Iceland. Can't even explain why but knows she has to*
When did some of us joked for the last time about organizing a meet-up in Iceland ? :D

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #13236 on: January 01, 2016, 03:46:54 PM »
Hmm... Canada, well. Canada's very big. If it were Canada, both you and I would have to make trips. (Vi is in a central area; I, as you know, am... not...) But it's something to think about for some time. After Iceland. : D

You can come visit me and then she can come here too and we can all run around Ottawa and eat beavertails and poutine!
And then we can all go to iceland and show up randomly at laufey's house with cake or something \o/
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #13237 on: January 01, 2016, 03:51:47 PM »
You can come visit me and then she can come here too and we can all run around Ottawa and eat beavertails and poutine!
And then we can all go to iceland and show up randomly at laufey's house with cake or something \o/
You mean, taking more planes ? I never took a plane, Vi, and I'm not sure I'll enjoy it ^^°

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #13238 on: January 01, 2016, 03:57:32 PM »
You mean, taking more planes ? I never took a plane, Vi, and I'm not sure I'll enjoy it ^^°
Time to step up your cosplaying, then. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #13239 on: January 01, 2016, 04:07:13 PM »
If I wasn't scared a little afraid about going somewhere on a plane

Pssst there's a ferry that goes to Iceland too!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

« Reply #13240 on: January 01, 2016, 04:20:18 PM »
Pssst there's a ferry that goes to Iceland too!
For Iceland I fear the real problem is the cost of a travel and a few days in your country :( *Needs a job. Wants a job. Will find a job, then go to Iceland*

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #13241 on: January 01, 2016, 05:03:17 PM »
You're aliiiiiiiiveeeeeee!!!
hah, did you think you could get rid of me that easily?

I'm baaaaack!! sort of. I'm at my grandparent's place again, but we're going back to Norway tomorrow. we're also waking up at 4am so i'm considering not sleeping at all but that's a terrible idea haha ha ha

ANYWAY!! what i've been doing the past few days is, uh... so mom has all these friends from her time as a scout kid, and now they're all married adults with kids, so all these friend families gather in some kinda building in the middle of nowhere. it's Tradition. with that building as our base, we go on hikes, play board games, and perform other shenanigans.

i usually share a room with my friend and his brother (except last year, both of our families shared a big room, and one night there was a thief in there. my friend's brother was awake and scared him away by talking at him - but he did steal a pair of hiking boots. there were literally computers lying around in the building and he stole shoes. OK THEN), and in days of old we used to be part of the Annoying Loud Kids but now we're more the... asocial teenagers hiding in the room playing vidya games or watching some series. yeah.
(one of the people with us works as a bat scientist!! one year he showed us photos from running around in some egyptian city to catch bats to mark them.) ((another kid that was with us some years is famous for juggling ok. his sister was here this year and she was riding around in the building on a unicycle.))

- one of the guys is a hunter, and he and some other guy were celebrating their 50th birthdays, aaand we did that by eating a boar. hunter guy had shot it and then they skinned it in the courtyard. i've seen a timelapse video of the boar being skinned about 20 times. mom also woke me from napping at some point, waving around cut-off boar feet, asking if i need a massage.

- WEIRD SYMBOLS IN THE FOREST. i've probably yelled about this in some other thread or two, but. yeah. at this particular place we were, there are a lot of strange symbols and nobody knows what they are
Spoiler: show

im just taking the photos from facebook so the links'll stop working at some point. shrugs

- other things we've found on trees in the are is the text "pulverized slug" but in czech, and a poem someone has carved but is now unreadable.

- oh yeah i was!! handing out calendars to all their people, and because i've been using 'haiz' as my signature this year everyone has been asking me who haiz is. i've had to explain my name change about fifty times but nobody did more than shrug on it. then again most of the scout peeps go by nicknames, too, like 'sony' or 'mosquito' or 'fishy' and what heck else

- my best friend had to leave the 30th because his school is evil so i've been feeling a little melancholy. didn't stop me from marathoning park & rec with his brother and i can feel it warping my brain and way of thinking someone help me

- IM SO HYPED TO GET BACK TO MY OWN ROOM AT HOME HONESTLY no offence to people but im so tired of people right now. for the record, rereading artd is a great way to spend time asocializing

and ok wow i have a lot of things to catch up on on this forum, buuuuuut i'm gonna go sleep after all haha
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 05:08:05 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13242 on: January 01, 2016, 06:43:27 PM »
Re: nasty weather, poor clothing, etc, is there a thread where weather-beset Minnions are reporting in?  Worried about Sectoboss, Gwenno, Para, and maybe Haiz.
Hope Laufey is ok, last I heard they had a storm bad enough to have flying street furniture. SectoBoss was okay, said he was on high ground, and he thought Gwenno was okay too.
Wait, where're SectoBoss and Gwenno?
Good luck with all your weird weather, guys.
Oh wow, I didn't expect anyone to be worried tbh  :o that's kinda taken my by surprise..... The weather has been ridiculous for a good while now, even by UK standards. We had some flooding here, but fortunately our village was fine, just a bit difficult to get to because swimming pool roads ::)

My brother and I took these a few days ago, they were regular fields once, but the water was higher than the fences in some places!!! Kinda impressive actually...

and our tiny river
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13243 on: January 01, 2016, 07:19:49 PM »
Gwenno, your flooded fields are lovely! I like cold and wet anyway, and wish some of your weather could migrate to us, who are having the driest spring /summer on record!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #13244 on: January 02, 2016, 02:54:21 AM »
*prays that the image uploading will work this time*

It's so late..... but here are some New Years pictures I took, and intended to upload on new years....but the internet had other plans <_<

:3
Spoiler:  some pictures but not many • show

Part of the rock pools

A kind of wonky panorama of my favourite beach from a moving boat XD We didn't have time for any swimming, even though I brought my bathers ;-; ah well

small collection of things I liked, and sherbet-covered ice cream from the over-priced van X)

Also I just watched the tattoo thing-I-cant-remember-the-name-of and I was not expecting for there to be a sword fight between a guy with a drumstick and another guy with a giant swiss flag on a stick, and also the drumsticks turning into tiny flutes and the flagpoles becoming enormous sparklers <_<
>_>
t'was good.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 02:58:46 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: