Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409445 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #13035 on: December 19, 2015, 03:21:23 PM »
auugh had to drive my brother to the city, it was dark and raining and everything is icy and we drove the road with Lots Cars and everything was awful, but i mADE IT and DIDNT CRY so that's PROGRESS.

Whoo! That's not just progress, it's really AWESOME progress, because honestly a situation like that (dark + rain + ice) sounds really scary. Winter driving, ugh!

Let me chime in with Yuuago.  Haiz, driving really can be nerve-wracking, especially in winter weather.  It's something we all need to learn to do (especially in my home turf of California, where there isn't much public transit) -- but that doesn't mean you're wrong to acknowledge that maneuvering a ton or so of metal, glass, and plastic around, at high speed, in heavy traffic, on slippery roads, in the dark, is a scary prospect. 

I can only say that driving, like a lot of other things, gets easier with practice.  Eventually you'll habituate to it, and your brain will start putting most of the necessary reactions and decisions in the "habit" part of your mind where they aren't getting in the way of conscious thought. 

I still remember how difficult driving was when I first started learning.  I had to think:  Seat belt?  Ignition?  Take off parking brake?  Change gears?  Make sure I'm not about to hit anyone when I'm backing out?  Are my turn signals on?  Oops, did I accidentally turn on the windshield-wipers?  Yikes, was that the trunk catch?  And so forth.  Now I can practically drive in my sleep.  And if someone uncoordinated and easily distracted can learn to drive, you can too!   :D
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #13036 on: December 19, 2015, 03:26:05 PM »
... moosushi.

That is all. I'll show myself out thankyouverymuch.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #13037 on: December 19, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »
I JUST REALIZED I DISSAPPERED FOR A WHOLE MONTH and then some

I'M SO SORRY I'M IN DC HELL

(also i haven't stopped having a breakdown since thursday,courtesy of my egg donor. thanks,mom)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #13038 on: December 19, 2015, 04:53:50 PM »
i hope i get a captain america (or something marvel-related) hat instead of something that advertises a fREaKING FOOTBALL TEAM
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13039 on: December 19, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »

(also i haven't stopped having a breakdown since thursday,courtesy of my egg donor. thanks,mom)

Kick! Good to hear from you again, I was just wondering the other day where you'd gotten to! Sorry to hear about the mom troubles. *Wraps Kick in a fuzzy blanket and provides hot beverage and dessert of choice*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #13040 on: December 20, 2015, 02:10:03 AM »

Yay! The Kick returns! I was actually also about to dig up your tumblr to see if you were ok. Sorry to hear about the mom problems... how are you otherwise?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #13041 on: December 20, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »
eyy, kick! good to have you back!

things i wanted to do today:
- chill
- draw
- watch star wars

things im doing today instead:
- DRIvIng to the city hEcking THREE tIMEs. THERE AND BACK AGAIN!!!!!!!!! *SCREAMS FOR TEN YEARS*

my brother is in the cathedral's boy choir and of course they're having concerts this weekend, so I had to first drive him so he was there in time. but since that was shortly before the concert we, as in my parents and i, were going to see, we had to drive back and LITTlE NAIVE ME thought mom was driving us there. BUT NO!! the diabolical plan was to have me!! pratcice drive!! to the city IMMEDIATELy AFtERWARDS!!!!!!111 and!! i gotta drive AGAIn!!! TO PiCK MY BROTHER UP AFTER tHE lAST COnCERT
KJdakjsdaksdjsdkjbJKVUHGKnkjKnjkjbdkjbLKNBHJH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok dont mind me i havent eaten since breakfast (which was admittedly at 12am so maybe you'd rather call it """Lunch"""") and driving to the city, for me, is mentally taxing and CONSIDER ME MENTALLY TAXED

i also found the Correct Term of one of my brain problems that is supper annoying when i drive. i had gone on a google quest last year and was all !!!!! it's a thign!!!!! but then i had forgotten it again haha. but yeah it's called ~*psychomotor agitation*~ and it's horrible and it's a symptom of ocd and probably also autistic disorder spectrum things and it makes me feel like my foot doesnt fit and i gotta like. fix it. by digging the heel into the ground repeatedly. but the foot is also needed for pedaling, y'know?? so that is SUPER UNFORTUNATE hahahaha!!!!!

the concert was good tho. long, but good. nidarosdomen is a super neato cathedral and they had art of my fav norwegian artist, håkon gullvåg, all over.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:49:09 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #13042 on: December 20, 2015, 12:19:11 PM »

Kick'n'Run, we missed you!  Good to see you're still alive (even if you're putting up with difficulties -- I'm sending good thoughts your way). 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #13043 on: December 20, 2015, 02:08:17 PM »
I found another interesting thing! http://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/norrbotten/caught-a-wolf-in-the-sky (yes, it's easy enough to fake something like this, but I want to believe)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #13044 on: December 20, 2015, 02:54:54 PM »
hnn back from my third drive. my brain is completely frazzled but at least there won't be any more driving for me until january now
you'll know where to find me.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #13045 on: December 20, 2015, 05:25:19 PM »
oh god
having brunch with friend of family, there's an awkward silence
my mom decides that the best new subject to fill in with is "so there's this webcomic that [Noodles] really likes"
i wanted to fall through the floor
but at least i think i made a convert 8)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

TicTac

• I am a happy little TicTac
« Reply #13046 on: December 20, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »
Wow that is hilarious.

I hardly ever tell my parents stuff like this because a) there is a good chance my mum probably won't be happy with it and want me not reading/watching it (my mum is a bit overprotective and wants to keep me innocent. I love her, but it can be a bit restrictive)
And b) My dad would do something like that with no warning. And I also love watching a few cartoons and shows that a lot of people don't think kids over the age of eight of should be watching. It's kinda ridiculous, but I just can't be bothered to deal with people going 'But it's for kids' and 'why do you watch that?'

Though once I made a friend when she noticed my iPad background was from one of the cartoons (Codename: Kids Next Door if anyone wonders). We started talking, it turned out we were both fans of a lot of the same shows. We became friends very quickly. We also got one of our other mutual friends to get addicted to a couple of the shows. One of my proudest moments :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:32:25 PM by TicTac »
Fluent: :australia:
Know a few phrases: :china:
Know random words: :germany: :spain: (thanks Dora)
Want to learn, eventually: :finland:
Survived :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
« Reply #13047 on: December 20, 2015, 07:28:44 PM »
i have a stuffy/runny nose and i hate it.  i hate everything about winter.  well, time to check the property of hate.  im so tired.  i hate planning out my winter break.  i just want to sleep.
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #13048 on: December 21, 2015, 08:07:33 AM »
oh god
having brunch with friend of family, there's an awkward silence
my mom decides that the best new subject to fill in with is "so there's this webcomic that [Noodles] really likes"
i wanted to fall through the floor
but at least i think i made a convert 8)
wow that is awkward XD *is in need of more details of how you dealt with it
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #13049 on: December 21, 2015, 09:38:04 AM »
i have a stuffy/runny nose and i hate it.  i hate everything about winter.  well, time to check the property of hate.  im so tired.  i hate planning out my winter break.  i just want to sleep.

Feel better!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: