Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410789 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #12240 on: November 15, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »
I'm going to oslo (again) in a couple weeks for another concert, but i'm not staying anywhere as fancy as a hotel. more like. the small cramped (but hopefully a little bit tidier than last time) flat of my friend. where we'll stay and play eldritch horror board games on the couch or something. aw yeah

That sounds exponentially more fun than staying in a "fancy" hotel. For the record I hate hotels. Well, usually. Mountain cabins are so much better.

Did- you take the glass elevator? I'm a wimp who's afraid of heights, so that is a complete nu-uh for me, but if you're not, it might be worth doing? *has a really hard time giving advice on what to do in own city*

I'm bored out of my mind here, of course I took the glass elevator. Three times actually. It was rubbish every time. Thanks for the tip though.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:13:19 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12241 on: November 15, 2015, 03:12:30 PM »
Who cares, free soy sauce and chopsticks!

One day I'll try sushi. Maybe tomorrow actually, since I'm in Oslo - sitting on the 24th floor of a hotel bored out of my mind. Guess I'll poor a bath with decadent amounts of soap.

hey, there's lots to do at a hotel! you could............. uh........ yeah pouring baths with decadent amounts of soap is probably the most entertaining thing to do at hotels if you don't work there.

Well, the second best option is eating sushi :)
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12242 on: November 15, 2015, 03:33:49 PM »
That sounds exponentially more fun than staying in a "fancy" hotel. For the record I hate hotels. Well, usually. Mountain cabins are so much better.

I'm bored out of my mind here, of course I took the glass elevator. Three times actually. It was rubbish every time. Thanks for the tip though.
i'm imagining you bitterly poking at a rubber duck in that decadently oversoaped bath. in a non-creepy way

i also searched up the tallest buildings of oslo and trondheim, and it seems like the tyholt tower is taller than the 37 floor hotel? dang forget what i said about a lack of tall buildings in trondheim, we win
(the cathedral is second though)
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12243 on: November 15, 2015, 03:38:45 PM »
i'm imagining you bitterly poking at a rubber duck in that decadently oversoaped bath. in a non-creepy way

i also searched up the tallest buildings of oslo and trondheim, and it seems like the tyholt tower is taller than the 37 floor hotel? dang forget what i said about a lack of tall buildings in trondheim, we win

The bath is being poured right now, and by the looks of it a rubber duck would have no problem hiding in the frothy mists.

That's counting the spire though, right? You're not sitting more than 117 meters up? Not that it matters, nothing compares to a mountain.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #12244 on: November 15, 2015, 03:41:24 PM »

Meanwhile it's probably best I don't mention anything about Hallgrímskirkja and a random tower structure of a shopping mall being the tallest buildings of Iceland...

(Actually I don't mind that at all: I much, much prefer the city centre with nothing taller than four floors. The few tall buildings that got built there during the bubble - and some afterwards because some areas had work halted during the depression - are bad enough.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:46:47 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12245 on: November 15, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
That's counting the spire though, right? You're not sitting more than 117 meters up? Not that it matters, nothing compares to a mountain.
yeahh probably not, no. on the list of "tallest buildings in norway", the tower is listed as only being almost 80 meters. but the number one spot here goes to something in Halden, of all places.

mountains are pretty great.
you'll know where to find me.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #12246 on: November 15, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »
Meanwhile it's probably best I don't mention anything about Hallgrímskirkja being the tallest building of Iceland...
No, you definitely should- love that building.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12247 on: November 15, 2015, 04:13:28 PM »
Meanwhile:
Spoiler: Unlos downloads Undertale • show

*is left in a room by a supposedly nice nun/monster, being told to wait*
*waits*
*waits*
peeks into next room
*uh oh*
*goes back to waiting*
Oh no the NP will get angry with me if I don't sit tight.
OH NO I can't call and disturb her
Maybe she WANTs me to take initiative and go into the next room anyway
What to dooo
*Hyperventilates*

Fenris

« Reply #12248 on: November 15, 2015, 06:15:32 PM »
Every time I'm in Oslo, I'm reminded why I don't like cities. Was there most of this weekend, although I was lucky enough I could crash on a couch.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #12249 on: November 15, 2015, 06:36:40 PM »
Every time I'm in Oslo, I'm reminded why I don't like cities. Was there most of this weekend, although I was lucky enough I could crash on a couch.

What were you doing in Oslo, Fen?  And why don't you like cities?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fenris

« Reply #12250 on: November 15, 2015, 06:47:18 PM »
What were you doing in Oslo, Fen?  And why don't you like cities?
Political stuff, and drinking. Not at the same time though. I dislike not being able to see further than the street goes before there's another building, not to mention the smell and how people seem to not even notice each other (less so in the east, mind. the place being full of foreigners at least means its not impossible to get some small talk on the tram). There's a lot more as well, but yeah, I prefer my rural area.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #12251 on: November 15, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
It used to be the tallest hotel in Northern Europe until the Swedes built a three meter taller one, because that's what they do. Sweden, "capital of Scandinavia", what a bunch of [redacted].
Time to pick a different fight contest, methinks.
http://www.visitscotland.com/info/accommodation/the-famous-star-hotel-p699921
http://www.charming-prague-hotels.com/hotel-clementin#description
http://www.visitargranada.com/en/blog-en/guinness-records-the-narrowest-hotel-in-the-world-2/
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #12252 on: November 15, 2015, 08:41:34 PM »
I cut all my hair off! I now have a bob :0
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #12253 on: November 15, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »
I cut all my hair off! I now have a bob :0

Ooo, I want to see that! :O

Well, now it makes two of us that had really long hair and decided to chop it off. I'm still wondering if I should update my ssssona's appearance...
Will you draw Karri with short hair? Or would that be unthinkable? ::)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #12254 on: November 15, 2015, 08:55:54 PM »
Meanwhile:
Spoiler: Unlos downloads Undertale • show

*is left in a room by a supposedly nice nun/monster, being told to wait*
*waits*
*waits*
peeks into next room
*uh oh*
*goes back to waiting*
Oh no the NP will get angry with me if I don't sit tight.
OH NO I can't call and disturb her
Maybe she WANTs me to take initiative and go into the next room anyway
What to dooo
*Hyperventilates*

Hahaha I knooooooow right.

Spoiler: show
No you do need to move on on your own for the story to happen.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro: