Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2567175 times)

Hrollo

• Ranger
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11820 on: November 01, 2015, 04:02:35 PM »
I have no idea what bahamut lagoon is like, but I haven't been this emotional about a game since pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers... I cried when i played it and i don't usually cry over games

may i cheer you up with some fanart i just drew

Awesome fanart ^-^

As for Bahamut Lagoon, it's a tactical rpg by Square Soft for the SNES, from 1996; it was never officially released outside of Japan but fan translations in English that can be played on emulators have been made… It's a lot more conventional than Undertale of course but, for the time and given that this was made by Square Soft, it turned a lot of the usual rpg tropes on their head, and came up with a rather powerful fantasy story — and also it's probably one of the most beautiful games released on the SNES.

Also this is me in the future:

<Creator of Undertale> Hello, I am launching a kickstarter for a new game, it's about--
<Rollo> SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #11821 on: November 01, 2015, 08:34:25 PM »
I had a pretty fun Halloween! I saw one other homestuck character, and he was a Dave. I thought I saw a god teir someone, but they were a goat. It was the horns, I tell you! Also, I though I heard a Gamzee but it was just some other clown with a horn.
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11822 on: November 02, 2015, 05:21:21 AM »
Pffftttt Harvester of Sorrow on the radio (I listen to Finnish radio channels at work and they can throw some totally random stuff at you). I don't even care about Metallica but I'm almost headbanging because nostalgia.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #11823 on: November 02, 2015, 07:14:52 AM »
Looking scruffy today, and the rest of the month for No-Shave November, a version of Movember that bypasses finicky moustache trimming while likewise raising awareness of male health issues.  So I guess instead of a Mo-Bro, I'll be a Beard-Bud.   :D
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11824 on: November 02, 2015, 07:29:34 AM »

HAPPY KEKRI!

I'm always a fan of Educational Moments by LaufeyTM.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #11825 on: November 02, 2015, 12:27:43 PM »
Well, it's the end of the world here in Nottingham.
We've had a thick fog here for the past couple of days, and it's gotten so bad you can't see the end of the street from my front door any more. All the street lights have just become 'points to aim for' and the tree-lined footpath I walk down every night on my way home now feels genuinely creepy, with branches looming at you out of the mist and other pedestrians disappearing in and out of the fog.
This would be cool enough, but someone very nearby has clearly decided to get in on Bonfire Night a bit early and is letting off a lot of fireworks about a mile or two from my house. So now every few seconds there's a tremendous BANG and the entire northern half of the sky lights up red or blue or green - an effect made all the more spectacular by the fog. It genuinely feels a little bit apocalyptic!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #11826 on: November 02, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »
Well, it's the end of the world here in Nottingham.
We've had a thick fog here for the past couple of days, and it's gotten so bad you can't see the end of the street from my front door any more. All the street lights have just become 'points to aim for' and the tree-lined footpath I walk down every night on my way home now feels genuinely creepy, with branches looming at you out of the mist and other pedestrians disappearing in and out of the fog.
This would be cool enough, but someone very nearby has clearly decided to get in on Bonfire Night a bit early and is letting off a lot of fireworks about a mile or two from my house. So now every few seconds there's a tremendous BANG and the entire northern half of the sky lights up red or blue or green - an effect made all the more spectacular by the fog. It genuinely feels a little bit apocalyptic!
Vi ! I need your TARDIS right now ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11827 on: November 02, 2015, 01:05:30 PM »
Vi ! I need your TARDIS right now ! :D

I'll be right over!! Yesterday!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #11828 on: November 02, 2015, 05:12:37 PM »
I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I HAVE ENERGY TODAY AND BEFORE YOU ASK NO ITS NOT MEDICATION I ONLY JUST REMEMBERED TO START IT JUST THEN
I WOKE UP AT FOUR A.M LIKE "YES TIME TO GET UP" AND THEN AT SIX I GOT OUT BECAUSE I COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE AND I DID TWO LOADS OF LAUNDRY, HUNG IT OUT ON THE WASHING LINE, MOPPED THE FLOOR WHERE THE CATS ACCIDENTALLY MISSED THEIR LITTER TRAY, FOLDED UP A GIANT PILE OF PEOPLES CLOTHES, SWEPT THE FLOOR, VACUUMED THE WHOLE HOUSE'S CARPET, VACUUMED THE VACUUM, DID ALL TEH DISHES AND MADE ALL THE EMPTY BEDS AND THEN MADE POACHED EGGS ON TOSAT WITH MILO IT'S LIKE THE FIRST LINE OF "JUMP" JUST PLAYING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND IF I COULD MAKE A ROAD-RUNNER NOISE I WOULD
MEANWHILE IT IS NINE A.M AND DAD HAS JUST GOTTEN OUT OF BED HAHA SUCKER
I MAY HAVE JITTERY HANDS AND A COLD SWEAT THING GOING ON BUT OTHER THAN THAT I'M AMAZED I HAVE SUDDEN ENERGY WHAT IS THIS

EDIT: DAD WALKS OUT INTO THE KITCHEN, LOOKS AROUND, "Jesus Christ"

ALSO I TOOK OUT THE RUBBISH AND SWEPT THE VERANDAH
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:18:55 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11829 on: November 02, 2015, 05:28:47 PM »
I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I HAVE ENERGY TODAY AND BEFORE YOU ASK NO ITS NOT MEDICATION I ONLY JUST REMEMBERED TO START IT JUST THEN
I WOKE UP AT FOUR A.M LIKE "YES TIME TO GET UP" AND THEN AT SIX I GOT OUT BECAUSE I COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE AND I DID TWO LOADS OF LAUNDRY, HUNG IT OUT ON THE WASHING LINE, MOPPED THE FLOOR WHERE THE CATS ACCIDENTALLY MISSED THEIR LITTER TRAY, FOLDED UP A GIANT PILE OF PEOPLES CLOTHES, SWEPT THE FLOOR, VACUUMED THE WHOLE HOUSE'S CARPET, VACUUMED THE VACUUM, DID ALL TEH DISHES AND MADE ALL THE EMPTY BEDS AND THEN MADE POACHED EGGS ON TOSAT WITH MILO IT'S LIKE THE FIRST LINE OF "JUMP" JUST PLAYING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND IF I COULD MAKE A ROAD-RUNNER NOISE I WOULD
I MAY HAVE JITTERY HANDS AND A COLD SWEAT THING GOING ON BUT OTHER THAN THAT I'M AMAZED I HAVE SUDDEN ENERGY WHAT IS THIS

Energy you say? Let's see
- all caps no prisoners
- 180 word long sentence

Checks out.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #11830 on: November 02, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »
Owl: this amount of energy is proobably temporary so enjoy while it lasts! If it does last I would worry but then I'm a worrier.
But! Different note, I'm in Bergen right now trying to learn something worthwile on pediatric radiology and there is a bar that has the same name as me! Picture Will Come if I manage to upload it from mye phone

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11831 on: November 02, 2015, 05:31:36 PM »
Owl: this amount of energy is proobably temporary so enjoy while it lasts! If it does last I would worry but then I'm a worrier.
But! Different note, I'm in Bergen right now trying to learn something worthwile on pediatric radiology and there is a bar that has the same name as me! Picture Will Come if I manage to upload it from mye phone

If you're talking about Una on Bryggen that's a microbrewery, not a bar.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #11832 on: November 02, 2015, 05:36:08 PM »
If you're talking about Una on Bryggen that's a microbrewery, not a bar.
Pfff flisespikkeri! They serve beer! They have my name, and I wanted to steal their tshirts!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11833 on: November 02, 2015, 05:53:25 PM »
Maybe if you tip generously. It's not the kind of place I go to when I'm in Bergen. Too ... refined. And expensive.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11834 on: November 02, 2015, 06:15:17 PM »

oh my gods please give me some of what you're having
someone please stop the weird dizzy buzzing in my head and force me to do something other than lying around being useless
you'll know where to find me.