Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409192 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11805 on: October 31, 2015, 07:31:14 PM »
His face is on a banknote so I guess he's the equivalent of our Edvard Munch. Their style is fairly different though.

Oh yes, good comparison. Now imagine you've been given the task of re-framing a piece of paper that's p. much just scribbled titties all over + flowers and a viking ship, and suddenly realize it's by Munch.

...it suddenly struck me that Munch doodling idly away is an entirely plausible scenario...

Haiz confirmed for hobbit. again.

Hobbits of the world unite. After the second breakfast.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11806 on: October 31, 2015, 07:53:15 PM »
...it suddenly struck me that Munch doodling idly away is an entirely plausible scenario...

I think it's clear you know more about Munchies than I do. My Art History teacher and I kind of hated each other, so I made it a point not to learn anything in their classes. I evidently did learn the basics about Munch though.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #11807 on: October 31, 2015, 10:31:01 PM »
Happy extra (or long overdue) hour of sleep, people who live in North America.*

*well, most of it.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11808 on: October 31, 2015, 10:59:33 PM »
Happy extra (or long overdue) hour of sleep, people who live in North America.*

*well, most of it.

Wait

Daylight savings time is this weekend!? Yes! Ahahaha, one more hour of weekend! Of course, we always have to make it up in the spring...
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11809 on: November 01, 2015, 02:40:08 AM »

HAPPY KEKRI!

No, that's not an IKEA-goat but a Kekri-goat. The city of Kajaani has a tradition of building a straw goat that they burn at Kekri, a Finnish end-of-harvest and remembering the dead -celebration that divides the year in two. A few days before and some afterwards are called Jakoaika, Dividing time, days that are no longer the old year but not yet the new one and Kekri happens in the middle. As a typical Finnish party it means basically three things: sauna, crazy amount of food and some alcohol (the master of the house should get drunk during Kekri for good luck for the following year), but with an additional feature of letting the forebears do everything first.

The day starts with people rising up early to complete the day's work, which is why I was up at seven today... Lots of food gets prepared and of course there's sauna but alas, I'm going to have to skip the sauna part at least until I have one of my own here. When the sauna is ready the dead are invited to bathe first, and meanwhile the people of the house set the table, go to the sauna and announce tht the food is ready. Then it's time for the living to bathe and after that go have a feast!

Kekri has a plethora of traditions, many of which have been moved to Christmas/Yule and the current New Year but some have actually survived to this day. One such is bonfires like the Kajaani Kekri-goat, there's more photos of the goat here and the burning here if you're interested. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #11810 on: November 01, 2015, 05:38:00 AM »
A little notice: because my exams start in  a week,  I am planning on not using the internet until the 25th of November, so if anyone wants to know where I am, it's there. I'll only use it for study so you may not be able to contact me right away, though please do. I will read all the PMs I may get and stuff.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #11811 on: November 01, 2015, 05:54:50 AM »
A little notice: because my exams start in  a week,  I am planning on not using the internet until the 25th of November, so if anyone wants to know where I am, it's there. I'll only use it for study so you may not be able to contact me right away, though please do. I will read all the PMs I may get and stuff.
Good luck ! :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #11812 on: November 01, 2015, 07:32:26 AM »
Y'know, when I have my own house, and I'm the one handing out Halloween candy, I think I'll don a black cloak and a pure white mask. The children will knock, the door will open, and I'll hand out the candy in utter silence. Not a peep, not a reaction but a slow tilt of the head... then the door will close.
I have the chubbiness of Dentipede. Once *I* have such an opportunity, I'll prove that I can dangle from the ceiling, too!

(I wonder whether a sweets manufacturer would be willing to make jawbone-shaped candy on order?)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #11813 on: November 01, 2015, 08:11:30 AM »
I have the chubbiness of Dentipede. Once *I* have such an opportunity, I'll prove that I can dangle from the ceiling, too!

(I wonder whether a sweets manufacturer would be willing to make jawbone-shaped candy on order?)

Or you could try a variation on the theme:

http://babyblues.com/comics/october-31-2015/  8)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #11814 on: November 01, 2015, 12:48:28 PM »
So.

I finished Undertale.

I mean really finished.

With the real, happy ending.

I think that's best writing I've seen in a game since... well... possibly since I play video games >_>

The feels.

I need hugs
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11815 on: November 01, 2015, 12:53:03 PM »
I need hugs

*hugs Rollo* I've never played this game, but boy do I know the feels. Take all the hugs you need. *hugs again*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #11816 on: November 01, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »
I need hugs
*Gives hugs* <3 *Adds homemade biscuits*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11817 on: November 01, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »
I need hugs
tackle-hugs you because I understand
you'll know where to find me.

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #11818 on: November 01, 2015, 03:20:04 PM »
Thank you all for the hugs :)

Seriously, this game… I haven't felt like this after finishing a game since Bahamut Lagoon. That was like fifteen years ago.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11819 on: November 01, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »
Thank you all for the hugs :)

Seriously, this game… I haven't felt like this after finishing a game since Bahamut Lagoon. That was like fifteen years ago.
I have no idea what bahamut lagoon is like, but I haven't been this emotional about a game since pokemon mystery dungeon: explorers... I cried when i played it and i don't usually cry over games

may i cheer you up with some fanart i just drew
you'll know where to find me.