Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387226 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11760 on: October 30, 2015, 05:28:27 AM »
Aaah congrats owlie!!!!

I'm taking the train back home today O:

- the newest installment of Haiz Goes Alone to Concerts: the of monsters and men concert was SO NICE. the only thing is that they didn't really talk much to the audience, except in icelandic.
*In icelandic*: "are there any other icelanders here?"
*Random icelandic shouting from crowd*
*replies in icelandic*
*more icelandic shouting*
"oh! It's your birthday?"

- I also joined my friend for their class on celtic literature. As a way of making up for the lecture on roman history I miss today, I suppose. Anyway, the teacher talked about something in the celtic language being similar to czech, making me perk up, apparently noticeably much so, because the only thing he said to me all that time was asking if I was czech. Ha-haaa

- My friend and I have been playing this board game about eldritch horrors and we get too attached to the player characters. Which is a shame because they keep dying. 

- My friend laughed at me for standing on tip-toes to use the minibank. HOW CAN THEY CALL IT A MINIBANK IF IT'S SO HIGH UP THOUGH
I also realized I have way less money than I thought I had (fun effects of the bank app deciding not to work on my phone anymore) and my first concern was WHAT IF I CAN'T AFFORD THE SSSS BOOK
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:49:44 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #11761 on: October 30, 2015, 06:41:34 AM »
Congratulations Owl :)

I also realized I have way less money than I thought I had (fun effects of the bank app deciding not to work on my phone anymore) and my first concern was WHAT IF I CAN'T AFFORD THE SSSS BOOK
Don't worry, we can't order them for now. And Christmas will come...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #11762 on: October 30, 2015, 07:00:04 AM »
- My friend laughed at me for standing on tip-toes to use the minibank. HOW CAN THEY CALL IT A MINIBANK IF IT'S SO HIGH UP THOUGH

I take it the minibank is just another name for those hole-in-the-wall ATM machines? If so, how high up are they in Norway??
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #11763 on: October 30, 2015, 07:48:50 AM »
Congratulations, Owl! Enjoy your exam-free rest of the year.  ;D

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #11764 on: October 30, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »
*spooky choir sounds*

I FINISHED MY EXHIBITION SET UP LAST NIGHT AND THEN HAD MY LAST EXAM THIS MORNING AND I AM NOW FREEEEE UNTIL NEXT YEAR AAAAAAAAAA

things. things in dot point form
Spoiler: so many things • show
- the curtains were hell to hang up and align with the projected animations
- the ladder was wobbly and I also have ladder-leg-bruises now ;-;
- don't climb ladders when you get vertigo and also are low on iron and foods. Don't do it.
- I had to paint wooden pegs that the people aren't even gonna see because the teacher wanted them to be white to match the curtains. Got a very wonderland vibe from that. Like, that rose painting bit.
- glow in the dark skulls 8D
- black velvet plinths were hard to cover: i used a staple gun and then sewed the rest. I only had white thread (i cry) so it was a real test of inconspicuous sewing. which is passed. cant even see the joins.
- one of the plinths isn't a plinth it's actually a wooden frame that only LOOKS like a solid plinth muahahahaha
- the new adoption of Halloween here meant that the fabric I wanted was always SOLD OUT every tiME I CHECKED
- THE IRON FROM HELL. Dubbed by the class a Pazuzu Iron, it destroyed everything it touched within its 1.5m cord range. Everyone who needed to iron things had to use a hair straightener.
- I ironed my floor to ceiling curtains with a hair straightener
- my kneeeeeeeees hurt
- everything hurts why is setting up an exhibition so painful what muscles did I even USE
- people working late into the night, I had to finish and leave early
- lock fiascoes
- people banging on the library doors yelling for help because they got locked in five minutes before the deadline, had to get security to open the doors
- tough students breaking down :(
- there was an incident where I got locked in the storage room in the basement for half an hour and had to email my teacher to let me out
- no one could find a broom, turns out Printing upstairs was hogging them all
- I accidentally left my projector on when I left and had a panic attack thinking it would catch fire and burn the art school down, ruining everyones work and screwing up the states rumoured plans to sell the building to a hotel to boost the tourism industry it would be a state tragedy and it would be all my fault
- turns out security turned it off
-realising I had an exam the next morning i had not studied for
- winging exam
- finishing early
- buying a chocolate bar as reward

AAAAAaaaAAA

GREAT NEWS owlice. I am happy you made it and have a break now :). Enjoy it!
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #11765 on: October 30, 2015, 11:10:23 AM »
*spooky choir sounds*

I FINISHED MY EXHIBITION SET UP LAST NIGHT AND THEN HAD MY LAST EXAM THIS MORNING AND I AM NOW FREEEEE UNTIL NEXT YEAR AAAAAAAAAA

things. things in dot point form
Spoiler: so many things • show
- the curtains were hell to hang up and align with the projected animations
- the ladder was wobbly and I also have ladder-leg-bruises now ;-;
- don't climb ladders when you get vertigo and also are low on iron and foods. Don't do it.
- I had to paint wooden pegs that the people aren't even gonna see because the teacher wanted them to be white to match the curtains. Got a very wonderland vibe from that. Like, that rose painting bit.
- glow in the dark skulls 8D
- black velvet plinths were hard to cover: i used a staple gun and then sewed the rest. I only had white thread (i cry) so it was a real test of inconspicuous sewing. which is passed. cant even see the joins.
- one of the plinths isn't a plinth it's actually a wooden frame that only LOOKS like a solid plinth muahahahaha
- the new adoption of Halloween here meant that the fabric I wanted was always SOLD OUT every tiME I CHECKED
- THE IRON FROM HELL. Dubbed by the class a Pazuzu Iron, it destroyed everything it touched within its 1.5m cord range. Everyone who needed to iron things had to use a hair straightener.
- I ironed my floor to ceiling curtains with a hair straightener
- my kneeeeeeeees hurt
- everything hurts why is setting up an exhibition so painful what muscles did I even USE
- people working late into the night, I had to finish and leave early
- lock fiascoes
- people banging on the library doors yelling for help because they got locked in five minutes before the deadline, had to get security to open the doors
- tough students breaking down :(
- there was an incident where I got locked in the storage room in the basement for half an hour and had to email my teacher to let me out
- no one could find a broom, turns out Printing upstairs was hogging them all
- I accidentally left my projector on when I left and had a panic attack thinking it would catch fire and burn the art school down, ruining everyones work and screwing up the states rumoured plans to sell the building to a hotel to boost the tourism industry it would be a state tragedy and it would be all my fault
- turns out security turned it off
-realising I had an exam the next morning i had not studied for
- winging exam
- finishing early
- buying a chocolate bar as reward

AAAAAaaaAAA

Permission to collapse?  GRANTED! ;D
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #11766 on: October 30, 2015, 02:43:07 PM »
Congratulations, Owl!! :D

I went to a doctor today to see some health issues, and he started complaining about medicine costs and about how our government is terrible, and he ended up advising me to move to Canada while I still can.

So, now I have an excuse to go there, it's a medical prescription. ::)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #11767 on: October 30, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »
Congratulations, Owl!! :D

I went to a doctor today to see some health issues, and he started complaining about medicine costs and about how our government is terrible, and he ended up advising me to move to Canada while I still can.

So, now I have an excuse to go there, it's a medical prescription. ::)

On the one hand: it's too bad that's the situation. On the other: yesss come join us in the frozen north! : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11768 on: October 30, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »
*In icelandic*: "are there any other icelanders here?"
*Random icelandic shouting from crowd*
*replies in icelandic*
*more icelandic shouting*
"oh! It's your birthday?"

Pffffttt... this sounds somehow so Icelandic it hurts. Besides it's a fact that whenever en Icelander goes abroad they'll meet every single other Icelander who happens to be in the same country. It just works like that somehow.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11769 on: October 30, 2015, 03:16:38 PM »
Pffffttt... this sounds somehow so Icelandic it hurts. Besides it's a fact that whenever en Icelander goes abroad they'll meet every single other Icelander who happens to be in the same country. It just works like that somehow.

I'm not an Icelander but I went to Nova Scotia to visit my great uncle and he took me into this shop and there was this Icelander running it and my great uncle got really excited and they started talking about Reykjavík and we ended up with those black licorice chocolates as a result. When I got home my mom remarked about how we somehow managed to find the only Icelander in Nova Scotia.

Then there was the incident at one of my old high schools where an Icelandic family was moving from Belgium and they wanted to tour the school and the supervisor called me out of class so that I could come give them a tour in Icelandic even though they spoke English perfectly fine...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 12:28:51 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #11770 on: October 30, 2015, 03:37:11 PM »
* Curry strikes pose

I'll be taking requests on my tumblr for a bit! Here are the prompts and just shoot me an ask if anybody wants to see something done!
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11771 on: October 30, 2015, 06:03:34 PM »
it feels a little rude that they kind of left out everyone else who didn't speak icelandic, but they were otherwise really sweet, and it was 10000% better than what i heard justin bieber did hahahaha. i didn't even know he was in oslo but APPARENTLY he had a concert but canceled it in a rage after one song?? what the heck bieber

I take it the minibank is just another name for those hole-in-the-wall ATM machines? If so, how high up are they in Norway??
ohhhh yes i did mean ATMs i forgot. USUALLY they're at a regular height like everywhere else, but this one in particular was like, a head higher than usual? I didn't need to stand on tip toes but it was easier to read the screen that way

ALSO im finally home
not because being away was bad but because the 7 hour train ride... was interesting... i thought there'd be wifi, but there wasn't, there wasn't electricity in my wagon at all - the lights went off except for a few, and then even the small lights went dark - first thought: DEMENTORS
and then they lit up again - maybe... not dementors??
aaaaaaaaaaand dark again - ERRATIC DEMENTORS

anyway yeah it was mostly very dark so I couldn't exactly read or draw, and I hadn't brought my pokeymans so the only thing left to do was obviously meditate over the great mystery that is life......... kidding i tried to beat my highscore in fruit ninja. which i did. 823 points in arcade mode heck ye

and just when I had adjusted to sitting in the dark like a creature of the night or whatever the conductors shooed us all into a lit wagon. oh well

you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #11772 on: October 30, 2015, 09:06:03 PM »
On the one hand: it's too bad that's the situation. On the other: yesss come join us in the frozen north! : D

* Daéa Reina is packing

But seriously, I would go there in a heartbeat if I only had the money. D:

WHAT IF I CAN'T AFFORD THE SSSS BOOK

This. This is what's been tormenting me for months and giving me nightmares each night.

Hmmm... apparently I made this post just to complain about my current poverty.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11773 on: October 30, 2015, 09:09:02 PM »
This. This is what's been tormenting me for months and giving me nightmares each night.

Hmmm... apparently I made this post just to complain about my current poverty.

SAAAAME

* Feartheviolas goes and sits with Haiz and Daéa in this corner

(heheh as for the north, I am literally packing now to return to my home in the frozen north where the temperature is reasonably below 0°c)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #11774 on: October 30, 2015, 09:14:30 PM »
Just started Welcome to Night Vale, and it's really growing on me (not literally, though that might be possible?)
I think my favorite moment so far has been "Wednesday has been cancelled, due to a scheduling error."
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.