Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387890 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11580 on: October 18, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
So I'm either a musical instrument, a flower, or the essence of fear?

You're that feeling when viola players are pointing at something in the notes and giggling and whispering to each other.

I - wait - uh -

What the heck, I have no comebacks. This probably counts as a K.O.

what's a haiz

A smol mage maze?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11581 on: October 18, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »
So I'm either a musical instrument, a flower, or the essence of fear?

Somehow I've come to associate you with the dowager countess from Downton Abbey. I guess that means the answer is the latter.

What the heck, I have no comebacks. This probably counts as a K.O.

Maybe for the best, Iceland can't spare any trees (I chose that picture 'cause it looks like she's actually talking to a tree).

A smol mage maze?

Is it a maze now? Does it... does it have a minotaur?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:36:42 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11582 on: October 18, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
A smol mage maze?
Is it a maze now? Does it... does it have a minotaur?
........ there are definitely minotaurs and  general assortment of mythological creatures now that i think about it
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11583 on: October 18, 2015, 03:38:45 PM »
what's a haiz

Doesn't it come from a word meaning wind? Either that or you actually are your username irl.

You're that feeling when viola players are pointing at something in the notes and giggling and whispering to each other.

Muahahaha

Somehow I've come to associate you with the dowager countess from Downton Abbey. I guess that means the answer is the latter.

I... I am not complaining.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11584 on: October 18, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »
I... I am not complaining.

I should point out that her name is Violet, so it's not completely random.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #11585 on: October 18, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »
Doesn't it come from a word meaning wind? Either that or you actually are your username irl.
GASPS

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11586 on: October 18, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »
* Ana Nymus looks at username

Does this mean I could make people forget me whenever I wanted? I'd take that.
I'd also take "author of all those profound quotes that no one can figure out who said them."
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #11587 on: October 18, 2015, 03:47:27 PM »
I should point out that her name is Violet, so it's not completely random.

Professer McGonagall Cousin Violet is actually one of my favourite characters in the series :D

* Ana Nymus looks at username

Does this mean I could make people forget me whenever I wanted? I'd take that.
I'd also take "author of all those profound quotes that no one can figure out who said them."

Yes you are actually the spiritual embodiment of all of those mysterious quotes
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #11588 on: October 18, 2015, 03:54:55 PM »
ha, funny story about that, when i was Very Smol and used to hang out at this writing website, and you could send in "sms poems", one of the ones i made was "hello, my name is Anonymous and i am Everywhere" (I WAS FOURTEEN DON'T JUDGE)
and
it actually got published in the book that the writing website made after it got shut down. so that's. that's a thing.
i'm a published poet ahhahahaaa

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #11589 on: October 18, 2015, 04:16:01 PM »
AHHHH GUYS IT'S SNOWING I'M SO HAPPY THIS IS WONDERFUL YAY SNOW!!!!!!!!!

IT'S SNOWING HERE NOW TOO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO SNOW!!!!!!
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #11590 on: October 18, 2015, 04:19:51 PM »
IT'S SNOWING HERE NOW TOO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO SNOW!!!!!!

I told you your time would come

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #11591 on: October 18, 2015, 04:25:59 PM »
It wasn't supposed to snow at all until next week though!
Oh, it passed now. It must have been just one snow cloud. ALL HAIL THE SNOW CLOUD. ALL HAIL THE SNOW CLOUD.

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #11592 on: October 18, 2015, 04:31:06 PM »
*Joins Piney in tree-town*

Really would like some snow this year, but it won't be happening for quite some time.  It only just got down to 8 C last night, is about 17 right now, and is going to be in the mid 20's this coming week.  It's sad we only get snow once every couple years.  ._.  Also, some of the locals are already wearing jackets.  It's kind of sad.  u__u
Feel free to PM.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11593 on: October 18, 2015, 04:31:43 PM »
Taking notes, snowing is catchy. Plus I notice I just typoed Haiz into a maze instead of a mace, ooops my bad, hope you don't mind that Minotaur too much. :D

Meanwhile important news from the Lauf household: the old showerhead was breaking apart so it was time to get a new one. Now the shower is a touch fancier with five(!) different shower settings. The first one is just a normal shower, nothing special except it's wonderful to have a non-clogged showerhead (Icelandic tap water can have silica in it, white stuff that cannot be removed by any means that I know of once it sets in). Second one was a "waterfall", in other words LOTS of water which was great!

After that came some kind of a massaging shower but only if a massage is supposed to rip the hair off your head. I reacted by immediately switching to next, which was a big mistake - same massage option, only ten times harder. My shoulders feel so exfoliated now. The last one was just bizarre, a very small shower but with a lot of water, a bit like a horse peeing on you which is not a thing you want to think about while bathing. Although only two settings of the five are pleasant I think I'm still going to give this experience an A, the waterfall was worth it.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #11594 on: October 18, 2015, 04:42:26 PM »
If usernames were literal I would be chasing Rabbit around unless I were a rug in Huntra's living room.

I'd be...uh, a hive mind of foxes? Strange. Unless, to follow Fimbulvarg's example, I'd be a lot of coats.

Meanwhile important news from the Lauf household: the old showerhead was breaking apart so it was time to get a new one. Now the shower is a touch fancier with five(!) different shower settings. The first one is just a normal shower, nothing special except it's wonderful to have a non-clogged showerhead (Icelandic tap water can have silica in it, white stuff that cannot be removed by any means that I know of once it sets in). Second one was a "waterfall", in other words LOTS of water which was great!

After that came some kind of a massaging shower but only if a massage is supposed to rip the hair off your head. I reacted by immediately switching to next, which was a big mistake - same massage option, only ten times harder. My shoulders feel so exfoliated now. The last one was just bizarre, a very small shower but with a lot of water, a bit like a horse peeing on you which is not a thing you want to think about while bathing. Although only two settings of the five are pleasant I think I'm still going to give this experience an A, the waterfall was worth it.

I like to try out those fancy showerheads at hotels, but the problem is I'm...short so trying to adjust the showerhead can range from anywhere from "okay" to "augh water everywhere." The "massaging" settings are usually kind of scary.