Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410174 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11235 on: October 08, 2015, 08:01:18 AM »
Mélusine is right, very dangerous offer indeed...

*also contemplating degree of strength/weakness*
Do you want to be weak with me, Lenny ? ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #11236 on: October 08, 2015, 08:23:15 AM »
Do you want to be weak with me, Lenny ? ::)
Another dangerous offer. YES.
Am notified of private messages via email.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11237 on: October 08, 2015, 08:25:19 AM »
Pssssst, I do send out chocolate packages to internet friends, just hit me up with an adress & indications of what you like and what you can't have.

*joins Len and Mélu in being weak*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • rambler of headcanons spouter of ideas
  • Preferred pronouns: (she/her) please don't call me dude, that's all.
« Reply #11238 on: October 08, 2015, 08:35:06 AM »
Mélusine is right, very dangerous offer indeed...
*also contemplating degree of strength/weakness*
*joins Len and Mélu in being weak*

Haha, all you guys need to do is to send me a pm and we'll sort it out there ^^
Languages:
fluent: :switzerland: :germany: :france: :uk:
knows: :vaticancity:, ancient :greece:
learned some: :japan:
can read to some extent: :italy: :spain: etc.
wants to learn: :finland:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11239 on: October 08, 2015, 08:54:42 AM »
Pssssst, I do send out chocolate packages to internet friends, just hit me up with an adress & indications of what you like and what you can't have.

That's quite the offer, considering that half of your ssss internet friends live half a planet away.

Frey Cailler Lindt Ragusa

Toby Lerone though.

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11240 on: October 08, 2015, 09:06:37 AM »
That's quite the offer, considering that half of your ssss internet friends live half a planet away.
Toby Lerone though.

I'm used to internet friends living half a planet away... the work doesn't change for me, it's just them who have to wait longer for the chocolate ;)

Toblerone is kiiiiiinda... idk, I know it's the known Swiss chocolate but to me, it's usually too sweet in a boring way (and I tend to suddenly develop 2 left hands the moment I have to break off a piece) and since you can find Toblerone pretty much everywhere in the world, it's not as fun as sending our "local specialities". Also, it's not as easy to send by mail as a flat plate ;)
But if someone is having Toblerone-withdrawal symptoms, I'll send some, no problem.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:19:21 AM by Aki »
Languages:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11241 on: October 08, 2015, 09:33:45 AM »
I'm used to internet friends living half a planet away... the work doesn't change for me, it's just them who have to wait longer for the chocolate ;)

Toblerone is kiiiiiinda... idk, I know it's the known Swiss chocolate but to me, it's usually too sweet in a boring way (and I tend to suddenly develop 2 left hands the moment I have to break off a piece) and since you can find Toblerone pretty much everywhere in the world, it's not as fun as sending our "local specialities". Also, it's not as easy to send by mail as a flat plate ;)
But if someone is having Toblerone-withdrawal symptoms, I'll send some, no problem.

I guess that's why it's popular though ... I mean, you can often get Lindt too, at least at major international airports. Toblerone is both cheap and decent though. I haven't tried any other Swiss chocolates so I can't argue that one is better than the other. By the way, the best way to break a Toblerone is to hold it upright and push down on its apex. Or you could pummel a ledge or something with the bottom-side. Both works.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:36:03 AM by Fimbulvarg »

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11242 on: October 08, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »
Lindt is very common here. You can find it by the cashier at many kinds of stores. There's also a Lindt store not too far away from me. That said, I'm kinda meeeeh about Lindt chocolates, but that is because I prefer dark to milk.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11243 on: October 08, 2015, 09:53:19 AM »
I guess that's why it's popular though ... I mean, you can often get Lindt too, at least at major international airports. Toblerone is both cheap and decent though. I haven't tried any other Swiss chocolates so I can't argue that one is better than the other. By the way, the best way to break a Toblerone is to hold it upright and push down on its apex. Or you could pummel a ledge or something with the bottom-side. Both works.
Yeah, it is cheap, especially abroad, and I wouldn't call it bad chocolate, just boringly sweet... Maybe I've just had Toblerone too often to consider it anything special xD
And I've seen Lindt being sold in surprising places, as far as Finland and Ireland in bigger supermarkets in the cities and my friend in Canada gets it as well ^^

Or I can just use it as a weapon and emergency food in case the trolls arrive, works too ;)
It's not like I don't know how to break Toblerone, I just become extra clumsy while doing so

Lindt is very common here. You can find it by the cashier at many kinds of stores. There's also a Lindt store not too far away from me. That said, I'm kinda meeeeh about Lindt chocolates, but that is because I prefer dark to milk.
=3=b
Really? Lindt is actually the brand I tend to go for when I want dark chocolate (the one with sea salt or caramel and sea salt <3) Maybe you don't have the dark chocolate varieties?
Languages:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11244 on: October 08, 2015, 09:55:42 AM »
Really? Lindt is actually the brand I tend to go for when I want dark chocolate (the one with sea salt or caramel and sea salt <3) Maybe you don't have the dark chocolate varieties?

They make these little round extra dark little chocolates and those are soooooo good. The wrapper is usually black.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11245 on: October 08, 2015, 09:59:41 AM »
They make these little round extra dark little chocolates and those are soooooo good. The wrapper is usually black.

LINDOR BALLS~ Yeah, we have them too and we've got them in like a hundred flavours... orange, caramel, milk, extra milk, coffee, white, coconut, hazelnut, and limited editions like white+strawberry, white+lime, almond and probably more to come...
We have them in "pick and mix", where you just choose from an array like you'd choose vegetables, or in boxes. Sadly, on the slightly expensive side the moment you grab more than 2 :P

... I should stop now or else I'll never shut up about chocolate...
Languages:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #11246 on: October 08, 2015, 10:05:57 AM »

Yes! If I remember correctly, milk chocolate is red, white chocolate is yellow, dark chocolate is blue, and extra dark is black. I know there are a ton of other flavors, but those are the ones I can reliably find in stores near me.

Aaaaand now I want chocolate. :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11247 on: October 08, 2015, 10:11:10 AM »

And I've seen Lindt being sold in surprising places, as far as Finland and Ireland in bigger supermarkets in the cities and my friend in Canada gets it as well ^^

Nah, despite being a bit expensive, Lindt is available in a lot of countries; we even have little Lindt shop here. And it's on my way home... hmmmm...

LINDOR BALLS~ Yeah, we have them too and we've got them in like a hundred flavours... orange, caramel, milk, extra milk, coffee, white, coconut, hazelnut, and limited editions like white+strawberry, white+lime, almond and probably more to come...
We have them in "pick and mix", where you just choose from an array like you'd choose vegetables, or in boxes. Sadly, on the slightly expensive side the moment you grab more than 2 :P

... I should stop now or else I'll never shut up about chocolate...

Oh, that's exactly what I like to buy there! But please stop, the temptation is growing...
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11248 on: October 08, 2015, 10:14:05 AM »
Yes! If I remember correctly, milk chocolate is red, white
chocolate is yellow, dark chocolate is blue, and extra dark is black. I know there are a ton of other flavors, but those are the ones I can reliably find in stores near me.

Aaaaand now I want chocolate. :P
Oh, that's exactly what I like to buy there! But please stop, the temptation is growing...

Correct! And I'm not sorry... ^^''
Languages:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #11249 on: October 08, 2015, 10:30:16 AM »

Aaah, I'm thinking of the little Lindor balls. Those are meh. I just looked up the chocolate bars and those are quite tasty. I had forgotten which brand those were. I have to look for them in the more gourmet chocolate selection at the grocery store. :D
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: