Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411417 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11100 on: October 03, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »
We have cougars and bears outside the city here, but since I live in the city, the worst I have to deal with are raccoons (though those are kinda scary; one of them took out our neighbour's chickens...).
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11101 on: October 03, 2015, 02:57:57 PM »
*tsk*  You don't recognize the famously cracked credits of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"?  You need to correct that gap in your education, stat.
it's a testament to my laziness that people have been telling me to correct this gap in education for years and I still haven't

also a little warning that i'll be on vacation in switzerland from tomorrow on and will be obnoxiously keep you updated on my haizventures every day probably 8) brace yourselves

another warning, i've decided to be a bog creature all october for halloween reasons. m'sorry if i leave mud on your stuff and keep you awake with screechy violin noises
you'll know where to find me.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #11102 on: October 03, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »
another warning, i've decided to be a bog creature all october for halloween reasons. m'sorry if i leave mud on your stuff and keep you awake with screechy violin noises

Well at least we'll be prepared, although if the violin music is 'screechy' then at least it might not be as effective as those of the average nøkken/fossegrim - i don't want to be lured into no bogs or rivers, that's for sure ;)
Just be careful to keep the mud away from your keyboard...
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11103 on: October 03, 2015, 04:22:47 PM »
A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

I'm sorry, I really really tried to stop myself from doing that but I failed the first step.

You are now my favorite person. Thank you for this wonderful gift.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11104 on: October 03, 2015, 04:27:49 PM »
Well at least we'll be prepared, although if the violin music is 'screechy' then at least it might not be as effective as those of the average nøkken/fossegrim - i don't want to be lured into no bogs or rivers, that's for sure ;)
not sure if I'm a huldra, nøkken or fossegrim, but whatever it is I suck at my job ahaha

honestly, luring people into bogs is not paid well enough,, and people steal my mushrooms and shiny rocks
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11105 on: October 03, 2015, 05:20:23 PM »
You are now my favorite person. Thank you for this wonderful gift.

Monty Python fans unite!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #11106 on: October 03, 2015, 05:44:48 PM »
A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

I'm sorry, I really really tried to stop myself from doing that but I failed the first step.

Oh gods I love this film so much...
Fechez la vache!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11107 on: October 03, 2015, 05:59:25 PM »
Oh gods I love this film so much...
Fechez la vache!

Funny story! So my dad works at an international company that draws employees from all over the world. It's not too uncommon for someone from another country to be transferred into the US for a few years, so my dad naturally built up a good collection of foreign friends, including one very good friend who is French. So he was chatting with his friend and a couple of his other French coworkers, and he decides to try and impress them with his nonexistent French-speaking abilities. He waits for an appropriate moment in the conversation and says, very loudly and confidently "Fechez la vache!" and his coworkers look at him like he grew an extra head. Apparently, "Fechez" is not a real French word ::)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11108 on: October 03, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »

*facepalm* they bring this up on every single reddit thread where Norway is a subject...

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #11109 on: October 03, 2015, 06:27:55 PM »
Monty Python fans unite!

yessss

♪We're knights of the round table
We dance when ever we're able
We do routines and parlour scenes
With footwork impecc-able♪

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #11110 on: October 03, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »
* Eriaror has great urge to quote lines, but repeatedly realizes that he only knows the Hungarian version by heart
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #11111 on: October 03, 2015, 07:10:23 PM »
* Eriaror has great urge to quote lines, but repeatedly realizes that he only knows the Hungarian version by heart

hmmm is there a language board for Monty Python quotes in different languages? If not, there should be ;)

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #11112 on: October 03, 2015, 07:32:57 PM »
I haven't seen the film, but I saw spamalot for the first time this summer with my parents. They grew up with the guy who played the narrator/prince Herbert/not dead Fred/the bucket knight. He's a very cool guy, and when my mom told him I'd never seen the play, he gasped and shouted, "You're a VIRGIN?!?!" Overall just a very silly night. ;D
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #11113 on: October 03, 2015, 10:43:58 PM »
*loud Monty Python noises*
(if you want us to stop, just start shouting "IT" until we go away)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #11114 on: October 04, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
aaaaAAAAAAAAA I'M PATTERNING THINGS FOR COSPLAY AND I'M MAKING HIGH-WAISED LEGGINGS AND I DOUBLED THE HIP MEASUREMENTS BY MISTAKE SO NOW IT'S 80 INCHES INSTEAD OF 40

at least i made it too big. that way i can cut it down. right? right.
YEET