Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410214 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #11070 on: October 02, 2015, 03:51:20 AM »
I am so sorry.

THIS IS CREEPY AND HILARIOUS AND PLEASE DON'T BE SORRY

HOW DID I END UP LIKE THIS THIS IS AMAZING ahahahaha best morning surprise ever you guys, you two are just... such amazing gifts to this forum the both of you! Exquisite Beast Laufs are the best Laufs.  ;D

*saves for future viewing purposes*
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11071 on: October 02, 2015, 06:57:31 AM »
I'm going out to hang with North in a couple hours, but it's kinda stormy outside... welp
you'll know where to find me.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11072 on: October 02, 2015, 08:46:15 AM »
THIS IS CREEPY AND HILARIOUS AND PLEASE DON'T BE SORRY

HOW DID I END UP LIKE THIS THIS IS AMAZING ahahahaha best morning surprise ever you guys, you two are just... such amazing gifts to this forum the both of you! Exquisite Beast Laufs are the best Laufs.  ;D

*saves for future viewing purposes*

Glad you like it! ^-^ I like to think those fluffy bunny ears are even better for hearing prey move about (stay silent indeed).
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11073 on: October 02, 2015, 02:40:24 PM »

I am so sorry.

Apologies for wonkiness, this was my first experience with Micron pens, as I was debating what to draw for my first Inktober drawing. Time for more experimentation...

Okay, did NOT see that coming last night.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11074 on: October 02, 2015, 02:44:52 PM »
Okay, did NOT see that coming last night.

Come to think of it though pretty much every time Laufey gets turned into something it almost always traces back to something you said...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11075 on: October 02, 2015, 03:00:08 PM »
Come to think of it though pretty much every time Laufey gets turned into something it almost always traces back to something you said...

...that's true. It was also Fim's doings that my ssssona became an accordion in the first place... what's your game friend, what are you trying to achieve here? ???

(Not that I mind, this is hilarious.)

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11076 on: October 02, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »
I survived the stormy trip to the city! it was nice seeing north again. we went to the art supply shop because they don't have those in the far northern norway - but I had already decided not to buy anything because I bought stuff last week. the experience of spending about an hour in there can be summed up like this:

you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11077 on: October 02, 2015, 03:18:48 PM »
...that's true. It was also Fim's doings that my ssssona became an accordion in the first place... what's your game friend, what are you trying to achieve here? ???

(Not that I mind, this is hilarious.)

No game, just your imagination.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #11078 on: October 02, 2015, 10:53:03 PM »
Nnnnnn... the tick bite on my shoulder is itchy as HECk no matter what bug bite creams I try on it 9__9 The last time I got bitten it was also very itchy so I guess that's ok. However, I did 2 bad things in regards to this one:
1. I phoned mum for advice on how to get it off
2. I later googled tick bite information

As we have no functional tweezers in the house, mum told me to put some vaseline on it to suffocate it and "it should just die and come off" but it did not and I had to use the horrible tweezers anyway.
It is important that ticks are not covered in methylated spirits, rubbing alcohol, bi-carbonate of soda, vaseline, or burnt with a match in an attempt to remove. Such action can induce a tick to release spirochetes containing the bacteria known to cause Lyme disease into its host’s blood stream.

Wow thanks mum A+ advice what if I literally get the rash and die now.
me
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #11079 on: October 02, 2015, 11:49:31 PM »
As we have no functional tweezers in the house, mum told me to put some vaseline on it to suffocate it and "it should just die and come off" but it did not and I had to use the horrible tweezers anyway.

"It is important that ticks are not covered in methylated spirits, rubbing alcohol, bi-carbonate of soda, vaseline, or burnt with a match in an attempt to remove. Such action can induce a tick to release spirochetes containing the bacteria known to cause Lyme disease into its host’s blood stream."

Wow thanks mum A+ advice what if I literally get the rash and die now.

You're probably ok, but I'd keep an eye on it in case you develop a rash or a fever. In all likelihood you're fine, but if not an antibiotic from your doctor will fix it right up. Most ticks don't carry the disease anyway, and it takes quite a bit of time after they get on you to actually start transmitting anything. This has been a public service announcement.
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #11080 on: October 03, 2015, 12:28:46 AM »
You're probably ok, but I'd keep an eye on it in case you develop a rash or a fever. In all likelihood you're fine, but if not an antibiotic from your doctor will fix it right up. Most ticks don't carry the disease anyway, and it takes quite a bit of time after they get on you to actually start transmitting anything. This has been a public service announcement.

Phew.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #11081 on: October 03, 2015, 12:39:43 AM »

Phew.

My coping mechanism for scary things is to learn everything I can about them, so that they're less intimidating. I'm more than happy to pass on that knowledge to anyone who needs it ^-^

...Consequently, I know a lot about snakes. If anyone needs that information >_>

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #11082 on: October 03, 2015, 01:29:00 AM »
My coping mechanism for scary things is to learn everything I can about them, so that they're less intimidating. I'm more than happy to pass on that knowledge to anyone who needs it ^-^

...Consequently, I know a lot about snakes. If anyone needs that information >_>
I'm pretty sure I know the snake things <_<
Coincidently, I saw a tiny article in the newspaper warning people that the snakes are coming out of hibernation, and their last bit of advice was sooooooo close! Sooooooo CLOSE. XD

Also, there's an art project on the fourth floor that kinda looks like a giant spider troll nest o__o Though it's not as eye-catching as a previous project: a tentacled stocking monster hanging from the rafters that they'd move every morning XD

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #11083 on: October 03, 2015, 04:12:57 AM »

This art project looks amazing and the previous one even amazing-er... I really want to walk in it!

I'm ok around snakes but fact is Finland has ONE venomous snake, the adder, and they're for the most time not lethal unless you're very small, old or ill so it's not like they've ever felt like an actual threat to me. Plus adders are shy, stomp a bit as you walk and you'll likely meet none.

Although there are exceptions... a few years back I went walking in a forest behind my uncle's house with mum and grandma. There was someone's birthday party going on* so we were all in light shoes, no boots, but since we were so near houses we didn't think we'd need any. Mum was leading and as usual not paying attention to her feet, when all of a sudden something right in front of her went "psst". A huge adder had found a sunny spot and had rolled up to sunbathe in it. It was a bit funny because the adder seemed reluctant to leave the warm spot and the little hiss was like a polite request for my mum to not tread on it, so she apologized, took a few steps back and we went around. On the way back the adder was still there so apparently neither side got scared.

*I feel like making a little disclaimer that we weren't rudely ditching the party, the party was almost over and uncle suggested we go see the forest.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11084 on: October 03, 2015, 04:39:31 AM »
Also, there's an art project on the fourth floor that kinda looks like a giant spider troll nest o__o Though it's not as eye-catching as a previous project: a tentacled stocking monster hanging from the rafters that they'd move every morning XD

Looks like a ninja playground.

I'm ok around snakes but fact is Finland has ONE venomous snake, the adder, and they're for the most time not lethal unless you're very small, old or ill so it's not like they've ever felt like an actual threat to me. Plus adders are shy, stomp a bit as you walk and you'll likely meet none.

The amount of living things that can kill you in Northern Europe is really low. Unless you live on Svalbard: 2000 people and 3500 polar bears.