Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387654 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10800 on: September 24, 2015, 02:38:28 PM »
And also, IIRC, in the personality tests thread already... It kind of seems to come up a lot.

I can add the personality test thread to the personal board.

As for the typing thing I don't think it needs to be moved. It was more of a spurr of the moment thing people did here. If enough people want it moved though we could move it.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10801 on: September 24, 2015, 03:11:02 PM »
Good question.  Typing speed isn't a topic personal enough to *need* to move to the Personality Tests thread, but it would be a good fit, and worth saving.
Likewise the astrology discussion.

Those of you who posted on those topics, your preferences?

I'm not sure it's that important to preserve it in another thread, you'll just end up having to move Haiz' drawing which spawned the discussion. If you do move it I guess 'personality test' is the only kinda related thread. Or you could make a thread for challenges and quizzes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:21:46 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10802 on: September 24, 2015, 03:41:14 PM »
Haiz that kills people! It's meant to be ambiguous whether it's good or bad ne... *cough* anyways, bottomline is 'yes, we *points at Laufey and Viola* will figure something out.

Aye, Captain! I will begin to hatch up suitable plans for this project right away!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #10803 on: September 24, 2015, 03:52:29 PM »
Sooo, I'm back from Germany! I actually got back on Tuesday, but then I went straight to bed and yesterday I was too lazy to post anything. It was a really consistently happy 2 weeks! There was a ton of travel time though, and I got a tiny cold on the plane ride back. I think all in all, the travel time was around 21 hours just on planes(for both ways combined) and to get to Prague and back it was around 14 hours combined. Not to mention the other little trips we did. Worth it though! I was really excited and to get back home so I could see my cat again. I felt bad for leaving him for 2 weeks. :c

Hm, where to start. The first day we mostly just went to the mall in Kaiserslautern, and walked around a little bit around there. Second day we went to Lichtenberg Castle, which was the first castle I've ever been to! It was nice, and the weather wasn't too warm. There were so many stairs to get to the top of the tower though. Third day we went to the Bad Durkheim Wine and Sausage Festival, and mostly just walked around. On the fourth we went to Hohenecken and went to restaurant where I got crazy good garlic soup and a waffle. It was the best waffle I've ever had. ;-; We also walked up to the castle ruins there, which was exhausting, but I saw my first acorns so it was worth it. The next day was just a lazy day and we decided to go to the mall again and buy some more stuff. Primark is amazing, we bought a ton of stuff there.

Oh, and I did go to a bakery every morning the first few days! The bakery in my sister's village was really close, so it was really easy to walk to and get some breakfast. The first day I got a swiss roll that had mandarin oranges, and it was sooooo good. Unfortunately they didn't have any of that any of the other times we went. Also, I actually didn't have any wurst at any point. XD I mostly just ate schnitzel, until I got sick of it and ordered that garlic soup at that one restaurant. I got a sausage in Prague, once, but I don't think that counts. Not to mention it wasn't even in Germany. :P I did get some good bread rolls though, and I also ate everyone else's because they were too slow and didn't eat them in the one day time limit before it's fair game.

These were pictures from Lichtenberg Castle.
Spoiler: show

The first two here are from the Bad Durkheim festival, the last two from Hohenecken. The very last one is me holding an acorn(which you can't see :I) in a fire pit/cave thingy. idk why I'm making that weird face
Spoiler: show

I think I'm gonna post the Prague stuff in a separate post, I don't want this to be the longest post in history. :P
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:57:05 PM by Johannabelle »
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #10804 on: September 24, 2015, 04:46:01 PM »
Some bad news: my computer has somehow become corrupted, so I won't be able to go on forum/do much else until I manage to fix it. I have no idea how long that'll be because I have almost no knowledge of computer technology, but I'll probably be posting even less during this time :/
yaaaaaay!
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10805 on: September 24, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »
I can add the personality test thread to the personal board.

As for the typing thing I don't think it needs to be moved. It was more of a spurr of the moment thing people did here. If enough people want it moved though we could move it.

To my mind, the typing thing can stay or go -- it's just that some people touched on both topics (typing and astrology) in a single post.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #10806 on: September 24, 2015, 06:56:43 PM »
*shrugs*
we've also had some astrology talk earlier, when I brought up celtic tree zodiacs......
Celtic tree zodiacs? :O what are those??
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10807 on: September 24, 2015, 06:59:16 PM »
Celtic tree zodiacs? :O what are those??
zodiacs, but with like, trees

i finally started to fill out application for the exchange study thing, only to find out I can't add in subjects for some reason : D technology fails me again i'm going to bed
you'll know where to find me.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10808 on: September 24, 2015, 06:59:50 PM »
Some bad news: my computer has somehow become corrupted, so I won't be able to go on forum/do much else until I manage to fix it. I have no idea how long that'll be because I have almost no knowledge of computer technology, but I'll probably be posting even less during this time :/
yaaaaaay!

Oh nooo, that sounds like a real pain. D: Hopefully it isn't something that will be that difficult/expensive to fix.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #10809 on: September 25, 2015, 05:45:34 AM »
welp good thing we don't have the fridge filled with 30 litres of choclety milk............
in my history as a torucon volunteer, i've had a tendency to find things like an unopened carton of chocolate milk (as well as a SD memory card, a whole bundle of clothes, etc)
Note to self: Should I ever go to a con, I shall keep my hands off the fridges. :o
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10810 on: September 25, 2015, 06:09:30 AM »
Note to self: Should I ever go to a con, I shall keep my hands off the fridges. :o

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
but cons don't have fridge- oh.
I found all these things on the ground. Sorry if that was unclear. There was a year where my primary job was to keep clean so I spent hours just sweeping the floors and picking up stuff.

Haha I gathered enough courage to ask a University Adult for help and there are legit tears in my eyes just from that, this is ridiculous
(I'll have to wait till the Proper Adults are back from lunch)
you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #10811 on: September 25, 2015, 07:06:40 AM »
I requested a poem from someone!

(its so good)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10812 on: September 25, 2015, 07:14:57 AM »
Haha I gathered enough courage to ask a University Adult for help and there are legit tears in my eyes just from that, this is ridiculous
(I'll have to wait till the Proper Adults are back from lunch)

It'll be fine lil' Haiz! It's actually not even ridiculous, I tear up easily too, especially if someone helps me (and then I try to desperately hide it because Real Finns Don't Cry or something equally redundant). It'll be all worth it.

Meanwhile I just got hired... by the same place that I accidentally cursed at on the phone. I just got back home and now I'm sitting here wondering what happened. :D
I'm not recommending this technique for jobseeking mind you, too huge a risk of backfiring.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10813 on: September 25, 2015, 07:35:22 AM »
Meanwhile I just got hired... by the same place that I accidentally cursed at on the phone. I just got back home and now I'm sitting here wondering what happened. :D
I'm not recommending this technique for jobseeking mind you, too huge a risk of backfiring.

YOU DID IIIIT!! I bet they were like "wow, this lady is really passionate about this stuff"! I don't know what kind of job it is (for some reason I pictured you as a lolita hitman), but good luck!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #10814 on: September 25, 2015, 07:40:21 AM »
Congratulations Laufey ! :D I promise I won't try your technique.

And I'll add all will be all right, Haiz :) You have my compassion, sometimes I wonder why I'm crying just talking about a memory which isn't sad at all or that kind of things. You can do it ! *Hugs*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: