Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411608 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10605 on: September 20, 2015, 11:44:46 AM »
eeeee congrats on being sempai-noticed, laufey!!!

Also, RRC and Haiz:

Again, my timing is Impeccable and nobody can best me
ayyy

dang i just realized the matching digit obsession might've started back when my friends were all "oh! it's 22:22! make a wish!" and i started noticing that ev ery time and then it stuck
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 11:50:21 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #10606 on: September 20, 2015, 11:59:46 AM »
Also, RRC and Haiz:

Again, my timing is Impeccable and nobody can best me

please call me Red, it's way easy than RRCYT ^^
Oh my god that is beautiful
I can't really explain why I love demonic things tho it's just really cool for me tbh
Red you're a freaking pastel goth that's why you like that //slaps herself

Also, congratulations Laufey! :3c
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10607 on: September 20, 2015, 12:18:57 PM »
ayyy

dang i just realized the matching digit obsession might've started back when my friends were all "oh! it's 22:22! make a wish!" and i started noticing that ev ery time and then it stuck
please call me Red, it's way easy than RRCYT ^^
Oh my god that is beautiful
I can't really explain why I love demonic things tho it's just really cool for me tbh
Red you're a freaking pastel goth that's why you like that //slaps herself

(╭☞`~ω• ́)╭☞ i got you guys

ANYWAY SORRY FOR SPAMMING THE THREAD ___(:3/L)______ Don't worry, that was the last one :0

Actually!! Also!! While I'm being inundated with work IB YOU WANNA FIGHT it would be super cool if you all had some cool artists that I could look at/scroll through for inspiration while I'm trying to stay working that would be awesome?? Also it's really interesting to see what people's influences are and yes :P
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #10608 on: September 20, 2015, 12:27:04 PM »
(╭☞`~ω• ́)╭☞ i got you guys

ANYWAY SORRY FOR SPAMMING THE THREAD ___(:3/L)______ Don't worry, that was the last one :0

Actually!! Also!! While I'm being inundated with work IB YOU WANNA FIGHT it would be super cool if you all had some cool artists that I could look at/scroll through for inspiration while I'm trying to stay working that would be awesome?? Also it's really interesting to see what people's influences are and yes :P

ssshhhHHHH no don't stop spamming-

I can give you one artist :0 Well, this person draws creepypasta and that stuff (pokemon too) and maybe she can give you inspiration?? It's Sapphiresenthiss (warning that she might have some r34 photos). She's one of my favourite artist so I hope it inspires you! ^^
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10609 on: September 20, 2015, 12:32:39 PM »
Laufey:  That's wonderful!  Most Best!!  ;D

Curry:  Maybe a change up?  At AJC.com, the Living Section features a graffiti artist who became a respected muralist. :D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:37:10 PM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10610 on: September 20, 2015, 12:58:57 PM »
there's the vladimir kush dude who makes really cool paintings with lots of clouds and surrealistic mashups I like a lot?? as an artist AND art history student i should be able to remember more artists that inspire me, right, except no

i was in the middle of writing this post when i heard the word "dinosaur" from the television and nyoomed to the living room where i remained for the past 20 minutes

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #10611 on: September 20, 2015, 03:52:21 PM »

Um. Hm. Let's see.

Hannah Christenson (beautiful colors and dynamic illustrations)
James Fenner (surreal & dreamy pictures)
Elle Michalka (cubist-esque landscapes and buildings)
Rovina Cai (delicate/dark/surreal pencil illustrations)
Yvan Duque (graphic, stylized illustrations)
Jeremy Miranda (surreal, luminous environments)
Simon Birch (amazing paintings of the human figure in movement)

(As you can probably tell there's a trend to what I like)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #10612 on: September 20, 2015, 03:53:35 PM »
CAN SOMEONE WHO READS HOMESTUCK PLEASE EXPLAINTHIS TO ME

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10613 on: September 20, 2015, 03:58:43 PM »

OH MY GODS
WHY DOES THIS EXIST

I'M LAUGHING THOUGH

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10614 on: September 20, 2015, 04:02:36 PM »
uuuuuuh i can try but i know zero about US politics (except for all that is spewed to me through tumblr) but in homestuck this sequence is part flashback, and part "what happens now"
Vriska (hillary clinton) has the power to mind control people
so she mind controls Tavros (corportions) who has the ability to mind control animals
and she mind controls him to mind control the dragon (i dont remember what it was)
that has a mind connection with Terezi (voters?? i dont remember what she represented)
Terezi is goaded by her dragon parent to go outside, while her consciousness is still on Prospit - a dreamworld planet, sort of, here symbolizing (Lies)
and because she's sleeping she is watching lies but in reality she is opening her eyes for THE REAL SUN (truth) that blinds her forever

then the rest is just a lot of fihgting

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #10615 on: September 20, 2015, 04:08:33 PM »
i was in the middle of writing this post when i heard the word "dinosaur" from the television and nyoomed to the living room where i remained for the past 20 minutes
*nyoooom* hi what happened was there dinosaur?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #10616 on: September 20, 2015, 04:19:36 PM »
*nyoooom* hi what happened was there dinosaur?
yes!! there was this sciency kid's program and they were talking about feathered dinosaurs!! and the fact that they can even determine some of the colours the feathers might've had!!!!!

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10617 on: September 20, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »
yes!! there was this sciency kid's program and they were talking about feathered dinosaurs!! and the fact that they can even determine some of the colours the feathers might've had!!!!!

Dinosaurs are so cool! It's amazing how they can even determine little details like that.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #10618 on: September 20, 2015, 04:31:53 PM »

ARTISTS I LIKE (some) (none of these are masters or anything) (with maybe the exception of Kim Jung Gi) (please don't try and figure out how my style evolved from this) (I don't know either) (also I really like Goyo and Hieronymus Bosch too):

Wenqing Yan, aka Yuumei. Anime style, webtoon artist and flashcomic artist and headphones designer and all around awesome activist.
Lora-zombie. Grunge art. Her stuff is so trippy and cool. Discovered her by accident years ago and nnnn favourite immediately.
Banksy. ...does anyone not know this guy?
Pascal Campion. This one is a newer find, discovered him last year. Fell in love with his speedpaints, they are beautiful.
Yuko Shimizu. One of my very old friends liked her first and introduced me to her stuff. REALLY nice illustration work.
Sketchy Stories, or Kerby Rosanes. Awesome awesome detailed ink stuff<3<3<3
Kim Jung Gi. This guy is a legend. Watch some of his YouTube stuff, it's incredible.
Na0h. Whimsical and fun and pastel style. Also watercolour goodness.
Kuuvshinov-Ilya. Japanese games/animation artist. He posts mainly studies (and got into trouble for this a while back - selling fanart stuff, blah blah blah, safe to say the whole misunderstanding was due to cultural differences and white knights and blown waaaaay out of proportion). Anyway, his stuff is really cool~ What he does with colour... nnnn.
Gabriel Picolo. This dude did the 365 days of art challenge a while back. One moleskin black and white ink drawing a day. Now he doesn't post as often, but it's in COLOUR~ So many interesting concepts and compositions.
Koyamori. A longtime personal favourite. Just.... so whimsical... I could stare at their stuff for hours.... *sighs*
Am notified of private messages via email.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #10619 on: September 20, 2015, 04:34:28 PM »
The past week in short:

I survived my first week of school, yay. So random info:

- I was put in a vey small classroom, the price to pay for having a classroom on the first floor. I hated it. Like, REALLY hated it. I felt trapped in a small classroom with 29 people. I am SO glad we changed classrooms a couple of days ago and are now in one where I can finally breathe at ease.
- The first day a student (looked like third or fourth year?) approached me randomly and asked me if I was one of the first year students. Why. Why me. Out of all the people. Do I really look that young and out of place. I was in that school for a whole year.
- I also was reminded that I am short. And people are scary.
- We have four new classmates, one of which transferred from a classical liceo while another two failed a year and are still stuck in 2U. One of these two managed to scare me the first day by simply coming in class and greeting me, because my first thought was "Who the hell is this and why is he in a class he is definitely too old to attend".
- The fourth new classmate comes from Brazil!! She's freaking brilliant, self-taught with Italian and here since two weeks ago. I really hope she can adapt quickly.
- I am not calm and am not taking school with serenity as expected. Darn it.
- Also I have so many things I want to do. Definitely not the time to do them all.
- New profs. My new IT teacher has... Dead eyes. No other term to explain it. Still, not bad. Art teacher looks interesting, but she talks to the walls, not to us. Again, no other term to explain it, she just does and it's very evident. Again, not bad at all. She even tried some association to reinforcement... Too bad she did one that would usually work with scientifical liceo students (how art directly relates to maths, which is the main and most important subject in a scientifical school), while I was forced to come here and generally dislike scientifical stuff. But it's art so still interesting. Also new science teacher. She's not bad but I got slightly pissed off at her for going "even the church accepts evolutionism" like the church is the last standing enemy of science and flag of ignorance and now it is defeated and science triumphs. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, who knows, but darn it was I pissed of, because that's what I understood and I don't like it.
- I procrastinate too much. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Also yesterday I had a youth meeting with people from all of Lumbardy in Milan, in Armed Forces church, which is beautiful and BIG and I got to meet all those nice people once again.

Also also also next Saturday I'm going to Turin to spend a weekend with my friends, yay.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:28:28 AM by Nimphy »
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: