Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387994 times)

eyjafjallajoke

Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10530 on: September 18, 2015, 08:53:44 PM »
Can anyone link me to the first video where the "what are those" meme came from I need it for Important Reasons okay

Done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK0t38Al4_E
At least, I'm pretty sure.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #10531 on: September 18, 2015, 10:03:32 PM »
I had an adventure today!  With other humans!  /o/  My friend asked me in class if I felt like going to pick apples, and in my head I was like, "No, there are soooo many things I would rather do."  But I said yes anyway cause I need to get out more.  Went and met up with his friends, set off, and arrived at the farm.  The place was beautiful, up in the hilltops and surrounded by forest.  The first thing we found was an apple slingshot right by the house that guests could use to shoot rotten apples.  Mine almost went into the disc golf hole nearby.  ;D  But me and my friend picked some apples and decided to go walk to the big hill off in the distance.  We made it about a mile before we found a TREE HOUSE.  WITH A HAMMOCK HIGH UP IN IT.  *gestures to emphasize how cool it was*  It was like 10 meters high, in a big old tree.  And then the rest of the group caught up to us and we all hung out in the tree house.  :D  There was also a wedding rehearsal going on in the main house, so there was a really scenic cross set up on the pavilion that I happened to get a pretty picture with.  Very fun Friday.  :3 
Apple adventure farm fun time!!!

Tree houses yesss. Tree houses fall on my "high enough to be super cool but not high enough to be scary for me" list.

Though at first read just finding a tree house sounds rather...suspicious. Did someone just...abandon it? I guess you had the benefit of actually seeing it, and it was sturdy enough, given that you had a group of people in it?

Meanwhile I did nothing today, but there's going to be a lot of being with other humans I don't know over the weekend, and all I want to do is stay home and sleep/get art homework done. Oh well.

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10532 on: September 18, 2015, 10:08:49 PM »
I've never been in or even seen a tree house, actually. I mean, I know what they are, but I've never actually seen one outside of pictures, let alone been in one.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10533 on: September 18, 2015, 10:22:52 PM »
I've never been in or even seen a tree house, actually. I mean, I know what they are, but I've never actually seen one outside of pictures, let alone been in one.

I've been in repurposed tree branches with conveniently placed large flat spots, but never any actual tree houses I don't think. I mean, not the fun cool homey not high-tech ones (there have been a lot of ropes courses that I've done but they weren't really tree houses per se.)
YEET

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #10534 on: September 18, 2015, 10:36:18 PM »
Today was my last day at work.
I'm not crying.
My coworkers gave me a going-away card though!

And my uncle-in-law got me cookies.
Cookies help. Especially chocolate chip.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:46:45 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #10535 on: September 18, 2015, 10:38:07 PM »
* Curry shows up in a poof of glitter
did you happen to say animal crossing

I'm not sure where that would go either but that sounds really cool!! wafflenut made Lalli's, I think, and maybe Emil's, but they are literally never on the forum and I can't get them to post the codes >_> I'm interested for sure! :D Probably?? Video games?

Here you go :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10536 on: September 18, 2015, 10:46:44 PM »

Apple adventure farm fun time!!!
Spoiler: show

Hammock Eich!

And here's the view from the hammock.  Nice and shady.

Neat!
Hahah you know, whenever I see apple orchard-y pictures I auto assume it's like....my place and it's so weird I'm like, sitting there thinking "Hello. That is orchard. Can I see house from there? I don't know that place. Not mine? So where. Where is it. HuhhhhhHHH" *malfunctions*
Kind of like a reverse of a dog thinking its reflection is another dog.... u__u Mixed with deja-vu. And an infinity mirror.
It's a weird feeling o__o
Glad you had fun though! :D
So was like, it an open farm thing or something? Like it had stuff set up for visitors to do? Interesting. I guess it was since it had a fancy wedding set up and stuff...hmmmmm *ponders future business plans* hmmm non-fruit-based profits..

Aren't apple orchards great??
*eye twitches, flashbacks happen, the old battle wounds ache suddenly* in the same way life-sized mascots suits are great yes XP

Same ;__; Except I see other people have built them in their yards, but I've never actually been close to one :(
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:50:56 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10537 on: September 18, 2015, 10:52:11 PM »
(snip!)
Same ;__; Except I see other people have built them in their yards, but I've never actually been close to one :(
I've been in repurposed tree branches with conveniently placed large flat spots, but never any actual tree houses I don't think. I mean, not the fun cool homey not high-tech ones (there have been a lot of ropes courses that I've done but they weren't really tree houses per se.)

Yeah, I've never seen anything up in trees at all, really.
Well, I think I may vaguely remember seeing attempted steps going up a tree once. Nothing else, though. >_>
I was like 7, and we tried to rebuild the stairs. It didn't go very well.

I'm not crying.

Aw, that's really sweet of them! Also, cookies are awesome.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #10538 on: September 18, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »
Tree houses are the Most Best thing. <3
Although actually, I like just climbing up as far as possible in trees in general. Nobody ever looks up, and sometimes you see interesting birds.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10539 on: September 19, 2015, 12:53:51 AM »
The outline I had for my practice webcomic was actually much more complete than I remembered! Nice! It's also like 35 chapters but 6 of them are SUPER DUPER SHORT so that makes it less intimidating to start?? Nice. Nice nice nice nice. sorry it's like 1 am and I'm really tired and somewhat sleep deprived and considering just jumping in and starting a webcomic without any knowledge of how to make comic pages digitally, ahahahahaha, oops,,,,,,,, help me
YEET

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #10540 on: September 19, 2015, 01:05:38 AM »
The outline I had for my practice webcomic was actually much more complete than I remembered! Nice! It's also like 35 chapters but 6 of them are SUPER DUPER SHORT so that makes it less intimidating to start?? Nice. Nice nice nice nice. sorry it's like 1 am and I'm really tired and somewhat sleep deprived and considering just jumping in and starting a webcomic without any knowledge of how to make comic pages digitally, ahahahahaha, oops,,,,,,,, help me

You have an actual outline of your webcomic? *Looks over my own sad, disjointed scraps of webcomics*  What are your secrets?
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10541 on: September 19, 2015, 01:10:13 AM »
You have an actual outline of your webcomic? *Looks over my own sad, disjointed scraps of webcomics*  What are your secrets?

I needed one to keep track of all the characters ehehehe ;; this webcomic has also been in the kind-of-active works for like, two or three years now so I've done a lot of planning and I almost started it last year. Now I feel like I have enough skill to just push through it and be really bad at first but get better eventually so?? (next up on curry rambles)
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10542 on: September 19, 2015, 01:12:53 AM »
I'm not crying.

Awww.  One phase ends and a new one begins.  I'm sure it's very bittersweet.  When you become a famous cartoonist or animator and launch a series about the eccentric staff and patrons of a surf-town art store, we can all nudge one another and say, "We knew her when...."

And for maximum tear-jerking potential:  Idina Menzel singing "What I Did for Love" at the White House, accompanied by composer Martin Hamlisch:
/>
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10543 on: September 19, 2015, 01:22:26 AM »
I needed one to keep track of all the characters ehehehe ;; this webcomic has also been in the kind-of-active works for like, two or three years now so I've done a lot of planning and I almost started it last year. Now I feel like I have enough skill to just push through it and be really bad at first but get better eventually so?? (next up on curry rambles)

Eee, I'm so excited to eventually read it! :D I almost started mine last year after like one month of planning HA ha ha

Also hey, it's page 700! \o/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:25:46 AM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #10544 on: September 19, 2015, 01:24:47 AM »

Makes me think a Webcomics Creation Discussion thread would be handy, for Curry rambles, and others.

Eee I'm so excited to eventually read it! :D I almost started mine last year after like one month of planning HA ha ha

I had so many starts and stops with webcomics it's just terrible...>.>
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.