Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410755 times)

eyjafjallajoke

Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #10470 on: September 15, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »
I might, it's definitely going to be more closet type though. Modern Reynir?
I'm going to try to make the gloves, and I might just use hair extensions on my normal hair. I've been wanting to dye it red for a long time anyway. The only problem is, I have practically black hair..

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10471 on: September 15, 2015, 09:21:50 PM »
I'm going to try to make the gloves, and I might just use hair extensions on my normal hair. I've been wanting to dye it red for a long time anyway. The only problem is, I have practically black hair..

Well, Curry did a whole series of photos on modern AU Sigrun once, so I think your modern Reynir would be welcome :) I can't help you with the hair, though. You'd probably have to bleach it before you dye if it's as dark as you say, and that can be really damaging if not done right.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #10472 on: September 15, 2015, 09:31:00 PM »
Well, Curry did a whole series of photos on modern AU Sigrun once, so I think your modern Reynir would be welcome :) I can't help you with the hair, though. You'd probably have to bleach it before you dye if it's as dark as you say, and that can be really damaging if not done right.

* Curry appears in a poof of glitter

Hello hello I am here to say that modern AUs are perfectly ok and I've actually cosplayed them many times! that cosplay thread is probably 35% curry in closet cosplay, ahaha
yes i've cosplayed 5/6 the cast what are you implying
yes i have many more closet cosplay pictures that i haven't posted
hhahahahaha

Freddie dyes their hair and it requires bleaching and bleaching is very damaging, no matter what you do. It will make your hair super soft but it also comes with lots of hair loss and your hair is just destroyed, basically. Personally [throws more sparkles] I'd recommend a wig! I've said this too many times to even be funny anymore, but if you ever need wig recommendations/help, I am here to assist/give advice ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10473 on: September 15, 2015, 09:41:22 PM »

I just dyed my hair with henna. It's not bad for your hair, but I'm not sure how red it would make black hair.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #10474 on: September 15, 2015, 09:46:04 PM »
I actually came across hair dye for dark hair in specific. I'll try it, not sure how well it'll work. Hopefully my hair will actually be red. And yeah, I would just go with a wig, but wigs can be extremely expensive, especially at the length I would need for Braidy Reynir.

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #10475 on: September 15, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
I'm on a plane from Tokyo to Copenhagen and Danish really does sound like Swedish spoken with a potato in your mouth THIS AMUSES ME GREATLY
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10476 on: September 16, 2015, 11:53:29 AM »
I'm on a plane from Tokyo to Copenhagen and Danish really does sound like Swedish spoken with a potato in your mouth THIS AMUSES ME GREATLY
THEY REALLY DO

today I walked past some people walking with an itty bitty dog, and I overheard them saying "there are just too many legs". I found it oddly funny

also
I finally got to give my former PE teacher the drawing he bought from me. he's like twice as tall as me and really loud and intimidating... I asked him "do you even KNOW what you're buying. do you have the slightest clue what this is a drawing of" and he didn't, so I had to tell him that there's this webcomic, you see...
hey, maybe I can get my entire former teacher collegium to read SSSS.
you'll know where to find me.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #10477 on: September 16, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »
>snip<
I finally got to give my former PE teacher the drawing he bought from me. he's like twice as tall as me and really loud and intimidating... I asked him "do you even KNOW what you're buying. do you have the slightest clue what this is a drawing of" and he didn't, so I had to tell him that there's this webcomic, you see...
hey, maybe I can get my entire former teacher collegium to read SSSS.

That's a very nifty drawing!

Didn't he recognize you carrying the Nordic Council banner?  That *is* you with the banner, isn't it?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:52:57 PM by DaveBro (Phasing out "ReturnOf") »
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10478 on: September 16, 2015, 12:52:17 PM »
Didn't he recognize you carrying the Nordic Council banner?

If you mean the real world Nordic Council they have a different logo.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10479 on: September 16, 2015, 12:55:13 PM »
That's a very nifty drawing!

Didn't he recognize you carrying the Nordic Council banner?  That *is* you with the banner, isn't it?
thanks!
he recognized several drawings of my 'sona as me on my facebook art page, but not in this one (it is indeed I with the banner). I told him, though. also someone had told him he looked like the person who is actually fenris' sona? ok

also fimby congrats on your 3000th post O:
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #10480 on: September 16, 2015, 01:11:52 PM »
also fimby congrats on your 3000th post O:

Huh?

Oh ... If I had been paying attention I'd probably make sure my 3000th post was something more exciting than a minor clarification. Oh well, full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #10481 on: September 16, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »
Today has been a very adult day. I went to the post office, did laundry, I applied for jobs, I got my proof of residency, and now I'm going to go register to vote.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #10482 on: September 16, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »
Today has been a very adult day. I went to the post office, did laundry, I applied for jobs, I got my proof of residency, and now I'm going to go register to vote.

Full adult points!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #10483 on: September 16, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »

*Viola levels up*
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10484 on: September 16, 2015, 03:27:34 PM »

*very mature, adult-like applause*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!