Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387508 times)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9856 on: August 28, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »
Huge disgusting bugs in Finland, flying rocks in Iceland...
I don't think I want to travel to Scandinavia anymore.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9857 on: August 28, 2015, 03:08:26 PM »
Huge disgusting bugs in Finland, flying rocks in Iceland...
I don't think I want to travel to Scandinavia anymore.
*Stubborn* It won't stop me. Someday, someday...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9858 on: August 28, 2015, 04:38:31 PM »
Haha, you remember me my first move "alone" for my master degree : all my stuff, including my desk, where in the car too. Today, I need a little truck to move ^^°
Enjoy the beginning of your new life ! ;)

Heh, and I'm going to need a big truck and a lot of burly men when I move next week.  Only now can I see the good points of a sparse, Zen lifestyle. 

(God willing, at some point I'll come back.  I was at the point where I thought I had to sell my condo, so my dad and I booked a contractor to do a lot of work to the place so it would fetch a better price.  *Now* I have at least a part-time job -- enough to keep the wolf from the door for a couple of months -- and I'm better positioned to find something permanent.  Thank heavens.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #9859 on: August 28, 2015, 04:41:19 PM »
When in Iceland, listen well if the local people tell you to not go outside.

EDIT: found a (shorter) version in English.

Wow.  Just... wow.  Between that and the auroras, no wonder the Icelanders of the Known World went back to the old gods...
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9860 on: August 28, 2015, 04:50:34 PM »
COMIC SANS?!?!?

*graphic design student hisses and skittles off into a corner*
Not even a graphic design anything and I feel your pain. CS is great for kindergartners' homework, but menus? signs? writing on official vehicles? XP
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9861 on: August 28, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »
Such a welcoming country... Do you want us to come, or not ?

You give up way too easily.

On the topic of poor design choices: This NSFW Minion strawberry shampoo bottle has interesting design flaws.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9862 on: August 28, 2015, 05:01:26 PM »
ok so when I woke up this morning, I thought I'd be spending the day foruming and drawing when I get home after lecture... but then due to Circumstances (namely a friend having to sell his ticket really rather quick) I ended up on the front row of a Highasakite and Röyksopp concert.

I think the spectators were in the thousands. Highasakite were ethereal and amazing and I suspect the lead singer might be a goddess or at least one of the fae. I had never actually hear Röyksopp before and had NO CLUE what to expect and it was. um. interesting. The show was pretty cool but I ended up leaving early bc people were starting to get drunk and rowdy (I got forcefully shoved away from my spot by an overly enthusiastic and possibly influenced lady), AND it had been raining pretty heavily most of the time, and turns out my waterproof jacket isn't all that waterproof after all.
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #9863 on: August 28, 2015, 05:06:49 PM »
ok so when I woke up this morning, I thought I'd be spending the day foruming and drawing when I get home after lecture... but then due to Circumstances (namely a friend having to sell his ticket really rather quick) I ended up on the front row of a Highasakite and Röyksopp concert.

Those bands were made to hold concert together. As in, like, if you røyk to much sopp you get high as a kite, yeah?
I'll see myself out.

Mélusine

« Reply #9864 on: August 28, 2015, 05:08:26 PM »
Heh, and I'm going to need a big truck and a lot of burly men when I move next week.  Only now can I see the good points of a sparse, Zen lifestyle. 

(God willing, at some point I'll come back.  I was at the point where I thought I had to sell my condo, so my dad and I booked a contractor to do a lot of work to the place so it would fetch a better price.  *Now* I have at least a part-time job -- enough to keep the wolf from the door for a couple of months -- and I'm better positioned to find something permanent.  Thank heavens.)
Only one week to move ? That's... very short ? ???
I'm too far away to tell I could help. And I'm not a burly man, sorry.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #9865 on: August 28, 2015, 06:08:04 PM »
Thought I'd share this gem here, what with the current discussion on moving and college starting up again for many people.
Being an adult can be hard, and I have noticed my priorities have changed since I was younger, and I imaging many of yours have too.

(WARNING: She's funny, but she does drop the F-BOMB now and then, so look out for adult cuss words)

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #9866 on: August 28, 2015, 06:16:35 PM »
Only one week to move ? That's... very short ? ???
I'm too far away to tell I could help. And I'm not a burly man, sorry.

Yyyyeahhh, "procrastination" is my middle name.  At least I don't have to unpack -- it's all going into storage (other than suitcases, computer, paperwork, etc.).

And you're fortunate to be living on the other side of the world  ;) or I probably would be recruiting you and other Minnions to help pack up the smaller, lighter things (books, dishes, etc.).  I already exploited my oldest friend today, and I'll probably round up a bunch of friends the first weekend in Sept. the Labor Day holiday weekend) to help.  Once the boxes are filled, I can hire movers to deal with those and the furniture. 

Mélusine

« Reply #9867 on: August 28, 2015, 06:28:45 PM »
And you're fortunate to be living on the other side of the world  ;) or I probably would be recruiting you and other Minnions to help pack up the smaller, lighter things (books, dishes, etc.).  I already exploited my oldest friend today, and I'll probably round up a bunch of friends the first weekend in Sept. the Labor Day holiday weekend) to help.  Once the boxes are filled, I can hire movers to deal with those and the furniture.
Murphy's law : I'm always a volunteer for my friends when they had to move unless I'm on my own summer quest. They're never here, for a lot of good reasons, when I have to move ::) (It's not my fault if it had been 1. very quickly 2. in an other area and 3. the last time just before Christmas.)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9868 on: August 28, 2015, 10:04:56 PM »
I've arrived! Well sort of. We're making a stop in Quebec right now to visit with my cousins. It's a lot of fun, lots of languages being thrown around. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the university to figure out where all my classes are going to be so I don't get lost. Maybe meet some other human beings, hopefully make a friend or two.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9869 on: August 28, 2015, 10:20:38 PM »
I've arrived! Well sort of. We're making a stop in Quebec right now to visit with my cousins. It's a lot of fun, lots of languages being thrown around. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the university to figure out where all my classes are going to be so I don't get lost. Maybe meet some other human beings, hopefully make a friend or two.

Haha, cool! Yes, meet human beings, make friends, get everyone addicted to SSSS! Glad to know things are going well so far :) And wish me luck, I'm doing the same thing on Wednesday, though I won't be going nearly so far What? No, of course I'm not freaking out, why would I be freaking out it's just going to be so different and I won't know what I'm doing and--! hahhh.... hahhhh.... deep breaths, Ana
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!