Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387762 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9795 on: August 26, 2015, 04:50:36 PM »
Gah! I'm moving in two days. EEEE. *minor freaking out* I'm going to be living by myself (well with a flatmate/roommate) and I'm really excited, but also kinda terrified. Like I have to think about laundry and toilet paper and cutlery and like do you have to buy a vacuum? Should I be buying a vacuum? All these things! I'm a bit nervous that I'll screw something up, and also uni starts a week after I move, and that's gonna be a new thing also
All will be all right, Vi :) Can you ask your flatmate/roommate, if she/he is already here if you have to take something in particular with you ? You won't be the only student moving and can begin with a few things, only what you absolutely need, and buy the others things eventually needed after.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #9796 on: August 26, 2015, 08:36:23 PM »
Aaah one of my favorite ever artists is having a small sketch sale and I can actually afford to buy something...but I also have no idea what I'd do with it, since I don't really have any place to hang things up. *is very conflicted*

In other news, classes are starting next week, woo. I should really get more prepared for them...

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #9797 on: August 27, 2015, 05:58:17 AM »
Aaah one of my favorite ever artists is having a small sketch sale and I can actually afford to buy something...but I also have no idea what I'd do with it, since I don't really have any place to hang things up. *is very conflicted*
Maybe scan your purchase so you can enjoy it as a desktop, and carefully store the original in a mailing tube?

Nice animation, BTW.  :)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9798 on: August 27, 2015, 12:17:49 PM »
I went outside for five minutes and found 6 four-leaf clovers... it's not even the most four-leaf clovers I've found in one go (that would be 14 i think). I'm starting to think all my luck in life is powered by clovers

maybe it's a good sign, because I'm planning to ask my parents how OK they'd be with me legally changing my name to Haiz...........
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9799 on: August 27, 2015, 12:29:49 PM »
I went outside for five minutes and found 6 four-leaf clovers... it's not even the most four-leaf clovers I've found in one go (that would be 14 i think). I'm starting to think all my luck in life is powered by clovers

maybe it's a good sign, because I'm planning to ask my parents how OK they'd be with me legally changing my name to Haiz...........

*sends extra encouragement and good feelings to Haiz*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #9800 on: August 27, 2015, 12:31:53 PM »

That... Might be a little tough but I wish you good luck!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #9801 on: August 27, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
That... Might be a little tough but I wish you good luck!
you are underestimating the chillness of my parents, their reaction is basically *shrug* "it's your choice"
(which is incidentally the same answer as two years ago, when I found that my great-grandmother's name was Eleanor and I jokingly asked why they couldn't name me that instead of Helen)

BUT

while changing my first name here in norway would be some hassle in changing legal documents like passport and credit card and all that... it would still be even more hassle with my czech citizenship. they have a bit stricter rules and I would have to ask permission before I changed and then go through the whole id card ordeal again.

but what I can do to avoid Most of the hassle
is to add it as a middle name
and I really think I'm gonna do that

*jumps up and down*
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:05:54 PM by Haiz »

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9802 on: August 27, 2015, 01:06:49 PM »
while changing my first name here in norway would be some hassle in changing legal documents like passport and credit card and all that... it would still be even more hassle with my czech citizenship. they have a bit stricter rules and I would have to ask permission before I changed and then go through the whole id card ordeal again.

*jumps up and down*

Ooh, good luck with that! *wills the legal process to go as smoothly as possible*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #9803 on: August 27, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »
you are underestimating the chillness of my parents, their reaction is basically *shrug* "it's your choice"
(which is incidentally the same answer as two years ago, when I found that my great-grandmother's name was Eleanor and I jokingly asked why they couldn't name me that instead of Helen)

BUT

*jumps up and down*

Oh no, I supposed your parents would be fine - you're old enough to make your own choices after all - but getting used to a new name might be a little tougher, for you and everybody else, is what I was trying to say!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Mélusine

« Reply #9804 on: August 27, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »

*jumps up and down*
So you'll be a little more Haiz :) (Anyway, you can't have an other name in my head. Using your real name to send a postcard was strange.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #9805 on: August 27, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »
I DID IT i sent a request to get Haiz as my middle name

i also learnt that according to norwegian name law, a middle name has to work as a last name, and you can't have traditional first name as a middle name? which means that people who have more name-names have several first names?? this was confusing but because haiz is basically a nonsense word i sent the request for a middle name anyway

EXCITING
also the most productive thing I've done all day

(Anyway, you can't have an other name in my head. Using your real name to send a postcard was strange.)[/size]
just because it isn't my birth name doesn't make it less real! or vice versa, a birth name doesn't have to be the "real" name.
I've also noticed a tendency in stories that characters who have changed their name at some point always end up using their "real names" at the end? like for example the lego movie or tangled... they will always admit their "real name" to some love interest who will always be "but that's so much better" and keep calling them that, and in the end they'll be all "haha yeah of course I'll keep using this name I don't need to hide who I am"... but a name you've chosen yourself is much more you than a name you were given before you knew what a name even was??

Mélusine

« Reply #9806 on: August 27, 2015, 02:54:30 PM »
just because it isn't my birth name doesn't make it less real! or vice versa, a birth name doesn't have to be the "real" name.
Did I... say something wrong or used a not correct word ? ??? I'm not sure to understand all. Hu. Time to do something else, I suppose.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #9807 on: August 27, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »
Did I... say something wrong or used a not correct word ? ??? I'm not sure to understand all. Hu. Time to do something else, I suppose.
noooo I'm just musing
what I meant was that Haiz _is_ my real name even if I don't have it any documents (YET)
that there's a difference in 'real name' and 'birth name'

but I may also just be thinking about faeries

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #9808 on: August 27, 2015, 04:19:27 PM »
Wait, Haiz, you changed your name? Awesome! I remember when I was more little I always thought ''I don't like my name. I'm going to change it!'' which I wanted the most common name in all Spain so bleh xD

Now me because derp, you Tumblr users, how do you use this thing
I have a new profile and I have no idea of anything
h elp-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #9809 on: August 27, 2015, 04:29:10 PM »
Wait, Haiz, you changed your name? Awesome! I remember when I was more little I always thought ''I don't like my name. I'm going to change it!'' which I wanted the most common name in all Spain so bleh xD
I haven't changed it yet, I've sent a request/application to change it! It'll take a few weeks before it gets processed and if I get my name. Reading the name laws threw me a bit off, but I'm pretty sure they'll acknowledge it. I know a person who got her name changed to Galadriel at age 13........

as for help with tumblr... uh...... what d'you need help with? it's a lot to explain all at once and a lot of things will just stay confusing forever im sorry to say
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:32:24 PM by Haiz »