Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387732 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #9570 on: August 21, 2015, 06:14:13 AM »
Hey, talking about fog, in the town I'm currently living is going to be in the "fog season" soon. When it's Autumn-Winter and everything is cold, there's a lot of fog and you can barely see 10 meterscib front of you!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9571 on: August 21, 2015, 06:21:04 AM »
Precision : I would stand with an huge smile and enthusiasm and waving hands, saying things like "Isn't it marvelous ? Anything could come from the fog ! That's magical !"* before trying to go inside with precautions if it is so... so... well.
Bonus for fog seen in mountains areas in the morning, still tied to the top or to the forest. Magical :)

* at this moment, "normal" people ordinary look at me, thinking I might be a little crazy because uh, fog. Anyway, I don't care, I love fog.
As a city kid, I must admit to always being entranced by fog in built up areas. It lends the mundane a much more... well, magical air, I feel. (My home city in a bad fog last year, for example) It's a shame that thanks to my sleeping habits I usually miss the early-morning fogs we get around where I live!

Hey, talking about fog, in the town I'm currently living is going to be in the "fog season" soon. When it's Autumn-Winter and everything is cold, there's a lot of fog and you can barely see 10 meterscib front of you!
Oooh, I'm rather jealous!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9572 on: August 21, 2015, 06:45:10 AM »
When I was to high school I made the travel by feet and had a park to cross. One morning, with a friend, we were able to see at maybe something between three and five meters around us but not more. It's a marvelous memory :) (And yes I'm realizing while writing it that I reused this situation in a story... ^^°)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9573 on: August 21, 2015, 07:10:34 AM »
When I was to high school I made the travel by feet and had a park to cross. One morning, with a friend, we were able to see at maybe something between three and five meters around us but not more. It's a marvelous memory :) (And yes I'm realizing while writing it that I reused this situation in a story... ^^°)

I have some similar memories, weirdly enough. I had to walk across the playing fields to get to my old school every morning, and on really foggy days it was quite easy to wonder whether you were still on the right path before you saw the old Victorian chimneys and spires of the school building looming through the murk...
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #9574 on: August 21, 2015, 07:20:58 AM »
I have some similar memories, weirdly enough. I had to walk across the playing fields to get to my old school every morning, and on really foggy days it was quite easy to wonder whether you were still on the right path before you saw the old Victorian chimneys and spires of the school building looming through the murk...
*Sighs and smile* It must be beautiful :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #9575 on: August 21, 2015, 09:31:10 AM »
When it was foggy in my old town everything seemed to say "horror movie" I mean, most of the houses were built in the 1800`s and they were already creepy enough. Adding all the fog to the mix just made it terrifying. But then again I walked to school alone and I have an overactive imagination
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9576 on: August 21, 2015, 09:40:19 AM »
Hello. It's like the middle of the night here and I've actually been sleeping for several hours, but the weather is suuusuuuper loud (I was actually worried my windows would break at one point) and it woke me up and I can't sleep now.

Also the wifi is down and has been down since this afternoon because of the weather (I'm on my phone). Hopefully the power won't go as well.

Last night, there was thunder so powerful that it actually shook my bed. Seriously, I would have mistaken it for a tiny earthquake if I hadn't seen the lightning flash beforehand. Fortunately, it looks nice and clear this morning.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9577 on: August 21, 2015, 09:59:19 AM »
Last night, there was thunder so powerful that it actually shook my bed. Seriously, I would have mistaken it for a tiny earthquake if I hadn't seen the lightning flash beforehand. Fortunately, it looks nice and clear this morning.

Yeah I thought it was an earthquake at first too. It was so loud and terrifying. I did eventually get back to sleep, and we have both wifi and power now so yaaaaaay! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9578 on: August 21, 2015, 12:23:34 PM »
I like fog! Buuuut the kind we get here, you can still see the houses across the street. :P

Re: lightning: a relevant thing that happened like a week ago

Also we've had a bunch of thunderstorms lately (which we usually don't get in summer) and they've been starting wildfires and every day there's new stories in the news about how the whole eastern half of the state is on fire. The temperate rainforest burned (like, a serious, 4-km2 kind of fire, not like a "whoops this tree is on fire but it got rained on so it's OK" kind of fire). What is this?!?!?!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9579 on: August 21, 2015, 12:48:17 PM »
I want to go back to Nantes.
I want I want I want I want. Why am I not in Nantes ? T_T
Umh ... would you happen to be closer to the Bavarian/Czech border ... next year?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9580 on: August 21, 2015, 12:51:27 PM »
I'm sitting here with a jacket on and gloves on and a heater at my feet. It is August, it shouldn't be this cold yet! This does not bode well. :F
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9581 on: August 21, 2015, 12:52:57 PM »
I'm sitting here with a jacket on and gloves on and a heater at my feet. It is August, it shouldn't be this cold yet! This does not bode well. :F

YESSSS YESSS BRING ON ALL THE COLD I CAN'T WAIT
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #9582 on: August 21, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »
YESSSS YESSS BRING ON ALL THE COLD I CAN'T WAIT

TAKE SOME OF MINE, YOU CAN HAVE IT.
I don't mind it so much, but I know that by February I'm going to want to claw my face off.

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #9583 on: August 21, 2015, 12:59:53 PM »
TAKE SOME OF MINE, YOU CAN HAVE IT.
I don't mind it so much, but I know that by February I'm going to want to claw my face off.

I WANT COLD TOO
I will probably wish to die in February due to the annual heat wave. Wanna switch places?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #9584 on: August 21, 2015, 01:01:38 PM »
I WANT COLD TOO
I will probably wish to die in February due to the annual heat wave. Wanna switch places?
SURE! I will send all my cold and dark your way. ;p Melting in February would be a new experience for me, at least.