Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409927 times)

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #840 on: October 27, 2014, 10:01:19 AM »
Actually, I just realised today when I had more of my brain capacity available, that... The OP might have had more of a point than we even realised. The sizes of the leaves represent the size of the population speaking a certain language at this point, right? And Estonian has a teeny tiny leaf! DOES THIS MEAN THERE ARE ESTONIAN SPEAKING SURVIVORS OUT THERE

Yes. This has been confirmed.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #841 on: October 27, 2014, 11:52:20 AM »
I'm fairly sure that it was in a history lesson that I learned my favorite brand of water bottle can survive falling off of a cliff.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #842 on: October 27, 2014, 02:16:18 PM »
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #843 on: October 27, 2014, 07:51:58 PM »
WebMD says:
Indoor cats now live an average of 15 years, and it is not uncommon to see cats 18 to 20 years of age. The domestic cat in the wild (sometimes called a feral cat) has a short life expectancy -- about 6 years. Accidents, diseases, parasites, the trials of securing food, and the stresses of multiple and frequent pregnancies all contribute to this shortened life.

The city cat fares somewhat better, but still contends with infectious diseases, accidents, fights, and sometimes malicious behavior on the part of humans. The indoor pet, being well nourished, vaccinated against infectious diseases, and protected from accidents, fares the best.

The 15-20 year lifespan jibes with my experience, at least with other people's cats.  (The only cat we ever had growing up just... didn't come home when he was about 12, but he did a lot of woodland ranging and could've been eaten by a raccoon or something.)
Ha, that's a vivid image!  Did those Evil Kittehs have that terrifying, low-pitched, combined hiss/yowl? 
That's good to know.  As long as he doesn't get killed in a fight, he'll be around for a while.
Every now and then.  They had to deal with me and my brother when we were both really young, so they had some anger issues.  Especially the one that was left after the first one died.  He got really mean.

Out first family cat disappeared when she was 19, seven years ago. Never found a trace of her, so therefore I still believe in my soul that she's alive somewhere. It's like a conspiracy: did Dad secretly get her put down? Did the visiting banker steal her? Was she taken by an eagle? Was it aliens? Was SHE an alien? Was it Peter Pan?????? (She the cat version of Nanna the dog ;3) O________O

Eich's hate-filled cats sound like they spontaneously disintegrated from existence into little dust particles of evil! D8

Is this the tuxedo moustache gentlecat? He sounds so wise and experienced in kitty life and struggles, he's probably got some badges hidden away somewhere- he could be a kitty teacher and mentor for young Eich kitty-guards ;3
Sounds like the Eiches (es? S? ????) will do well against the rash monsters!
One of them actually did disintegrate into dust (in my mind).  It was the one that got a brain tumor.  He died, and I had a bad dream a few weeks later and woke up to a hypnopompic hallucination of him giving a meow before vanishing into dust.  It was weird.  Creeped me out for years, before I started researching sleep.  Thanks a lot for that, brain.

Yep, that's the tuxedo, Truman.  Wise might be a bit of a stretch, but experienced might fit well.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #844 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:43 PM »
Random stuff that made at least me laugh: http://scaniasyndrome.tumblr.com/post/99738485347/personal-space

Hehe XD
Why do some people feel the need to gET So ClOSe to other people in conversations, or when they walk past on the street, down a dark alleyway, on buses, at sleepovers and movie nights....it's just....*shudders* noooooo!

That's good to know.  As long as he doesn't get killed in a fight, he'll be around for a while.
Every now and then.  They had to deal with me and my brother when we were both really young, so they had some anger issues.  Especially the one that was left after the first one died.  He got really mean.
One of them actually did disintegrate into dust (in my mind).  It was the one that got a brain tumor.  He died, and I had a bad dream a few weeks later and woke up to a hypnopompic hallucination of him giving a meow before vanishing into dust.  It was weird.  Creeped me out for years, before I started researching sleep.  Thanks a lot for that, brain.

Yep, that's the tuxedo, Truman.  Wise might be a bit of a stretch, but experienced might fit well.

Aw, poor angry-cat, I can't blame him. :(

That dream though, O_____O argh!! Poor kitty D8 waking dreams are weeeeeird.... I once dreamt that I was mugged and shot in an alley, then I woke up in my room with a gunshot wound and freaked out, then I woke up properly and realized it was just a cramp :/ haaaah. U____U

It's weird how your brain mixes stuff into dreams.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:26:53 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #845 on: October 27, 2014, 10:31:58 PM »
It's weird how your brain mixes stuff into dreams.

Beeping rabbits.
Flooding schools.
Friend merging.
Honey world.
Light dragon battle.
Chariots of doom/life.
Slimy socks.
Flying tortoises.
Bluestar's space station.
Biome book worlds.
Amusement park jails.
Lord Rikash Moonsword's chromed sky castle.

Behold. Confusing dream concoctions.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
« Reply #846 on: October 27, 2014, 11:20:39 PM »
Behold. Confusing dream concoctions.

Oh! My turn!

Bubblegum that can be made into pants
Laser tag on a spaceship
The time I was hunted down by a robot mercenary and the summer camp had to be evacuated.
I was a princess, and had a press conference shortly before not getting engaged
I died got executed while complaining loudly, and my ghost went to the doctor's office.
There was an apple that was a magic map, which I then fed to a horse
12 foot tall, extremely bendy fences
My imaginary friends singing Christmas carols with some pilots

Yup, dreams are odd.

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #847 on: October 28, 2014, 01:00:31 AM »
Yup, dreams are odd.

Haha! Those are great! :)

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #848 on: October 28, 2014, 10:11:06 AM »
Yup, dreams are odd.

Some guys who had been sad constantly for a year because an alternate universe version of a friend had killed himself to escape hell. They had never met the alternate version.
The most beautiful bird in the world: huge swan with six wings.
Extremely dangerous blueberries.
A lion cub which grew up to be three big lions which learned to fly and then they were dragons. And I was riding a mammoth the size of a house.
Bubbles turned into Noah's arc, was attacked by aliens and then shrank to four meters long.
My arms turned into chocolate and I ate them.
I got lost in London on my way to the store.
I got lost in the store-room of IKEA on my way home from school.
My face friggin' melted. Not fun.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #849 on: October 28, 2014, 06:44:01 PM »
Pick a country and give the pros and cons of living there in SSSS
like:

Canada

Pros:
Cold
Big
Trolls apologize as they eat you
Cons:
Cold
Lots of troll-moose
Sarah Palin has conquered most of Yukon

or Japan

Pros:
Island
Less people = Less infection vectors
Fertile land for reconstruction
Cons:
Small space
Not as cold as some other places
Japan is creepy.

You got me?

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #850 on: October 28, 2014, 07:44:27 PM »

They are awesome :3 what sort would you like to get? Any kind in particular?
If I can, I might plan on getting any short haired cat. I'll probably adopt one since I most likely wouldn't be buying it.
I'm still thinking about the breed. XD
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
« Reply #851 on: October 28, 2014, 07:59:29 PM »
My arms turned into chocolate and I ate them.

Did...did they taste good?

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #852 on: October 28, 2014, 11:34:59 PM »

Our Sparky, asking the important questions. (I wanted to ask that too. XD)

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #853 on: October 28, 2014, 11:50:57 PM »
Autumn is here.  My school gets really pretty when all the leaves turn.
Looked for a picture online, but there aren't any good ones.  :-\

Either way: hurray.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #854 on: October 29, 2014, 12:12:03 AM »
Autumn is here.  My school gets really pretty when all the leaves turn.
Looked for a picture online, but there aren't any good ones.  :-\

Either way: hurray.

Ohh nice! Hah, whenever I picture US universities, I keep thinking they're just like mine, and then I remember....they freaking huge O___O like, I can't even fathom how huge and crazy they are, they're like....regular universities who've had too much red cordial. O__o Whaaaaaat?!?!?? All that sport?!! And infrastructure and and the SCALE. Are they really all like that?

O____O *gets out notebook* Miss Sparky, we might have to ask you a few questions regarding where you were and who you were with at the time of the murder incident in the gallery last week..... *Poirot theme plays*
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: