Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387646 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #780 on: October 25, 2014, 08:13:45 PM »
1) Heck yeah, I scored the lead detective role! :D 
2) I'd totally be up for meeting up one day, as long as I don't get any creeper vibes from y'all, that is.
3) We need some fanart of Potato's unicorn vampire friend.
4) You are all hilarious.
1) Pffffft of course you did :P
2) that probably counts me out then oh well >;) hehehe (I'm kidding)
3) oh yes. Definitely. But maybe after exams.

Aw, what can I be? Can I be the flighty witness?

Yeah!!1!! XD you could be the trumpet player who saw too much? Hehehe
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #781 on: October 25, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »
I'm currently typing over my cat, who's laying on my belly.  Today was just... so good.  I woke up, went to my sister's house, had delicious waffles with the family, played with my new niece, saw my grandparents, hung out with my best friend for the first time since May, got coffee with my other sister, listened to that album mithrysc posted about...  I'm really, really happy right now.
Feel free to PM.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #782 on: October 25, 2014, 09:14:37 PM »
I'm currently typing over my cat, who's laying on my belly.  Today was just... so good.  I woke up, went to my sister's house, had delicious waffles with the family, played with my new niece, saw my grandparents, hung out with my best friend for the first time since May, got coffee with my other sister, listened to that album mithrysc posted about...  I'm really, really happy right now.
That sounds like a really fantastic day! :D 
I'm hoping to get a cat, now that my older sister showed us all these videos of cats pawing their owner's faces and rubbing their heads against their arm. Makes me want to get a cat. /;w;/ Cats are adorable creatures, aren't they.
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #783 on: October 25, 2014, 09:24:36 PM »
That sounds so nice! Tummy-cats are great :3 oooh is your niece old enough to play now? Awww! Glad you had a good day! (I keep thinking its summer for you, but it's not, and my mind implodes :P)

My morning was weird: it's Sunday morning, and we all decided to sleep in and then watch dr who in our pjs, and we were too lazy to unload the dishwasher, so we had no knifes to use for toast......soooo....we casually used a machete instead, and everything was fine, until we saw a little car start driving up the hill to the house.....
It was church people coming to visit, and as they were going up the hill, the house was chaos as we decided who would answer the door etc
Dad: I can't answer the door with a jam covered machete!!!
Mum: my hair is terrible! I'm going to the bathroom!
Sister1: zzzzzzz (she sleeps in til 1pm)
Sister2: *is miles away at a sleepover*
Me: But I'm in pajamas! And I'm not wearing a bra!!
Dad: *resolutely, holding giant knife* ok looks like it's me then.

But it all ended well, and we had a nice chat about stuff, and giggled at the pastors junk food binge and obsessions with sin XP

I'm hoping to get a cat, now that my older sister showed us all these videos of cats pawing their owner's faces and rubbing their heads against their arm. Makes me want to get a cat. /;w;/ Cats are adorable creatures, aren't they.

They are awesome :3 what sort would you like to get? Any kind in particular?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:27:38 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #784 on: October 25, 2014, 09:52:15 PM »
That sounds like a really fantastic day! :D 
It was.  Still might watch some walking dead with my mom and sister, later.  Just a cathartic day, very good.
I'll recommend getting a tuxedo cat.  I've noticed they're just slightly... different.  The one I have is so nice and friendly, and he's pretty smart too.  It always varies from animal to animal, but I've just observed a general pleasantness in tuxedos.  Besides, they look so dapper; mine's got a mustache and gloves, and we ended up giving him a more refined name, "Truman."

That sounds so nice! Tummy-cats are great :3 oooh is your niece old enough to play now? Awww! Glad you had a good day! (I keep thinking its summer for you, but it's not, and my mind implodes :P)

My morning was weird: it's Sunday morning, and we all decided to sleep in and then watch dr who in our pjs, and we were too lazy to unload the dishwasher, so we had no knifes to use for toast......soooo....we casually used a machete instead, and everything was fine, until we saw a little car start driving up the hill to the house.....
It was church people coming to visit, and as they were going up the hill, the house was chaos as we decided who would answer the door etc

But it all ended well, and we had a nice chat about stuff, and giggled at the pastors junk food binge and obsessions with sin XP

Hopefully it was a not-red kind of jam.  I'd be a little concerned if someone answered their door with a dripping red machete.  Probably just for a second or two, but still, a little concerned. 
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #785 on: October 25, 2014, 10:26:29 PM »
It was.  Still might watch some walking dead with my mom and sister, later.  Just a cathartic day, very good.
I'll recommend getting a tuxedo cat.  I've noticed they're just slightly... different.  The one I have is so nice and friendly, and he's pretty smart too.  It always varies from animal to animal, but I've just observed a general pleasantness in tuxedos.  Besides, they look so dapper; mine's got a mustache and gloves, and we ended up giving him a more refined name, "Truman."
Hopefully it was a not-red kind of jam.  I'd be a little concerned if someone answered their door with a dripping red machete.  Probably just for a second or two, but still, a little concerned.

I've never seen The Walking Dead, is it recommendable?

Tuxedo cats are so suave and dapper!

My cat is a blue-point Birman, so she looks like a cat-guest from a pre-Revolution French Masquerade Ball! She's very floofy, and flops around like an affectionate ragdoll and likes to play :3
Birmans are very vocal kitties, and they do tend to leave white fur on everything! I just measured her fur, and it's about 15cm long on her body (hehehe) so they need more grooming than a tuxedo :(

Heh, don't worry, it was marmalade ;P but a Mikkel-sized man opening the door with any utensil would be pretty scary! 

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #786 on: October 25, 2014, 10:46:47 PM »

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while. And though most people seem to be concerned about how the church people perceived you, my first thought was about what a machete is doing in your kitchen.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #787 on: October 25, 2014, 10:50:09 PM »
I've never seen The Walking Dead, is it recommendable?

Tuxedo cats are so suave and dapper!

My cat is a blue-point Birman, so she looks like a cat-guest from a pre-Revolution French Masquerade Ball! She's very floofy, and flops around like an affectionate ragdoll and likes to play :3
Birmans are very vocal kitties, and they do tend to leave white fur on everything! I just measured her fur, and it's about 15cm long on her body (hehehe) so they need more grooming than a tuxedo :(

Heh, don't worry, it was marmalade ;P but a Mikkel-sized man opening the door with any utensil would be pretty scary!
It's a fantastic show.  It's pretty much the same as the graphic novel, in a lot of ways, but there are some pretty big differences in some spots (or, so I hear).  It's all about "how would you get through hell," and it does a very good job showing all the big and little struggles people might face in such a bad situation.  The characters are all very well written, even the one who isn't in the graphic novel (who happens to be my favorite character).

Oh, gosh, I can't do fluffy.  Medium or short hair, for me, otherwise their fur gets all tangled and stuff.  :(
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #788 on: October 25, 2014, 11:03:03 PM »
It's a fantastic show.  It's pretty much the same as the graphic novel, in a lot of ways, but there are some pretty big differences in some spots (or, so I hear).  It's all about "how would you get through hell," and it does a very good job showing all the big and little struggles people might face in such a bad situation.  The characters are all very well written, even the one who isn't in the graphic novel (who happens to be my favorite character).

Oh, gosh, I can't do fluffy.  Medium or short hair, for me, otherwise their fur gets all tangled and stuff.  :(

Hmm! I might give it a look after exams.

Birman fur doesn't matt or tangle easily, thank goodness! I like long-haired cats because I can identify their fur when it's stuck to things, and if I find some in a sandwich or something, I won't freak out as much as I would if it were human hair ;___; I think I've been traumatized by my ex-friends house and dodgy restaurants when it comes to short haired animals and hair in general, but if they were nice clean furry animals I'd be ok :P

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while. And though most people seem to be concerned about how the church people perceived you, my first thought was about what a machete is doing in your kitchen.

Hehe it usually sits in the drawer with the cattle vaccination gear ;) above the tea-towel drawer!

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #789 on: October 25, 2014, 11:04:40 PM »
Well actually the comic and tv show are pretty different in terms of plot.

The characters, places and greater points are mostly the same, but the details are intentionnally really different so that readers of the comic can still be surprised by the show and reciprocally —partly because the story has a very high body-count even among main characters, so part of the atmosphere is that you never know who's going to get it; so very often different characters get to live or die in the comic and the tv show.

Personally I prefer the comic.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #790 on: October 25, 2014, 11:50:23 PM »
Well actually the comic and tv show are pretty different in terms of plot.

The characters, places and greater points are mostly the same, but the details are intentionnally really different so that readers of the comic can still be surprised by the show and reciprocally —partly because the story has a very high body-count even among main characters, so part of the atmosphere is that you never know who's going to get it; so very often different characters get to live or die in the comic and the tv show.

Personally I prefer the comic.
Interesting.  I need to read it eventually, I just have a hard time starting new things.  I think we can all agree that the series has one of the best written villains of all time, though.  I just watched S4 E8 with my sister who hasn't seen it yet, which is one of the best episodes in the show.
Feel free to PM.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #791 on: October 26, 2014, 01:07:13 AM »

Beards! \o/ And also with the red in the beard but not in the hair? Is this a common thing? I'm used to black hair on everyone.

Actually, having a reddish beard but not hair is somewhat common in Caucasian men.  I don't know what causes it.  But I've seen a fair number of examples, from blonds to guys with almost black hair (like an ex-boyfriend whose auburn beard seemed to have almost no relation to his dark hair). 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #792 on: October 26, 2014, 01:34:41 AM »
Count me in on kex's SSSS boat trip!  ;D

Did I spell shinning wrong? I meant it as in bright. I apologize for my lack of spelling skills.
You meant shining, then. It's alright, no need to apologize. :)

Your vegan unicorn partner is now confirmed to look like me. Uh, enjoy I guess? ;D
Not quite sure what to do with this information.  :P

Noooooooo, they're horrible little beasties and let me show you all my scars. But really, I think it depends on the personality (catinality?) of the cat you have. Here is an image of Cat showing flagrant and utter disregard for copyright law:

This is utterly amazing. Having handled a machete before, I can't even imagine how you'd use one to spread jam.

Actually, having a reddish beard but not hair is somewhat common in Caucasian men.  I don't know what causes it.  But I've seen a fair number of examples, from blonds to guys with almost black hair (like an ex-boyfriend whose auburn beard seemed to have almost no relation to his dark hair). 
That's pretty fascinating. O_O

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #793 on: October 26, 2014, 02:19:13 AM »
Noooooooo, they're horrible little beasties and let me show you all my scars. But really, I think it depends on the personality (catinality?) of the cat you have. Here is an image of Cat showing flagrant and utter disregard for copyright law:

This is utterly amazing. Having handled a machete before, I can't even imagine how you'd use one to spread jam.

Is...is that your cat?? It's so cute and blatant!

You sort of tip/scoop the jam onto the end and just spread it? Our jam jars have pretty large openings though lol
We mostly do it for laughs ;P

Here we go, it's still on the bench waiting to be put away :S
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:35:09 AM by OrigamiOwl »

Vanemasjaajaja

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #794 on: October 26, 2014, 03:29:55 AM »
And Hello to the forum! Please feel happy to post a "hello, I am ..." message in the Welcome Thread so we can all get to know you! :)

Thanks for the suggestion! But I wouldn't have very much to say there.

Anyway,