Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387175 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #675 on: October 23, 2014, 06:42:54 AM »
Ah yes, of course, at that time, I had already learnt to write, and had moved on to my thesis, as I was a far superior preschooler ;P ohohoho~
(Also I didn't mean the dream thing in a weird creepy way. Don't get the wrong idea....I meant it in a bizarre sort of way...... ;3)

Not sure what this thesis-stuff means but yeah (although it generally takes several years to "learn to write").

A comic-con sounds cool, haha but only in our dreeeeeeamssz~ (and we all know how weird the Minion's dreams get O___O)

(Also I didn't mean the dream thing in a weird creepy way. Don't get the wrong idea....I meant it in a bizarre sort of way...... ;3)

I assume your dream convention would be bizzare in a number of ways.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #676 on: October 23, 2014, 06:54:06 AM »
Not sure what this thesis-stuff means but yeah (although it generally takes several years to "learn to write").

I assume your dream convention would be bizzare in a number of ways.

Hee, I was just being a weird dork there ;) I'm the same age as Eich and ThisCat, but *sniffle* wasn't on the list ;3

Wait up, what do you mean? Do you mean..? Wha? Aw man, this is the second time in this fan base I've had to worriedly yell "I'm not being kinky! I swear!" hahaha ;____;
But the images from the last weird Minion dream still haunt my brain...the suitcase of lipglosses....the Törbjorn face-surgery.....the airport souvenirs.... *shudders*
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #677 on: October 23, 2014, 07:09:44 AM »
Guys, it seems like all your pictures worked. I think I can even take that Friday lab class so I don't have to miss it. Thank you :)
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #678 on: October 23, 2014, 07:16:05 AM »
Guys, it seems like all your pictures worked. I think I can even take that Friday lab class so I don't have to miss it. Thank you :)
Ooooh goood! That's awesome! The magical healing power of bugs :3 Enjoy your lab class ThisCat!
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #679 on: October 23, 2014, 07:18:49 AM »
Ooooh goood! That's awesome! The magical healing power of bugs :3 Enjoy your lab class ThisCat!

I think I will :)
We're gonna pull apart cockroaches.
 Mostly quiet.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #680 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44:59 AM »
Wait up, what do you mean? Do you mean..? Wha? Aw man, this is the second time in this fan base I've had to worriedly yell "I'm not being kinky! I swear!" hahaha ;____;
But the images from the last weird Minion dream still haunt my brain...the suitcase of lipglosses....the Törbjorn face-surgery.....the airport souvenirs.... *shudders*

I was thinking about bizarre/weird dreams like the last example. Let's not have a kinky SSSS convention please  :P

(and sorry for forgetting to put you on the list).

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #681 on: October 23, 2014, 08:06:36 AM »

*emits soundless shrieks of terror*

If you want me I'll be hiding in the bathrooms, in that building two blocks away.

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #682 on: October 23, 2014, 08:20:08 AM »
Only two blocks? Oh, what kind of cockroach, too?

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
Re: Re: Discoveries made with Indiegogo
« Reply #683 on: October 23, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »
Also take note, Kickstarter doesn't allow paypal, so there's that too. (That was the reason why Minna chose Indiegogo)
Umh. Actually, back with the aRTD print drive, she stated out loud that Kickstarter wouldn't accept US$-based campaigns from elsewhere but the U.S. and UK.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #684 on: October 23, 2014, 08:25:44 AM »
Only two blocks? Oh, what kind of cockroach, too?

Uh, don't know. It just says cockroach.
 Mostly quiet.

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #685 on: October 23, 2014, 08:28:39 AM »
I am relatively used to cockroaches, given that
1. tropical climates are good for large cockroaches
2. my cat seems to love hunting them*

So yes, only two blocks.

Bonus story: one of the lifts in my office building is padded over so that construction workers can use it. One day I was in there with a few other people (mostly women), and then a cockroach appeared from the back. It was interesting how we all shifted around to avoid it, and such relief when it disappeared down the elevator shaft once the door opened.

*Cat lives outdoors as does her prey; there are no cockroaches in the house. None. NONE.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:31:17 AM by potatobunny »

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #686 on: October 23, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »

Well, now that's a lab experience I'd like to take part in. As long as the cockroaches aren't alive, obviously.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #687 on: October 23, 2014, 08:35:54 AM »
I am relatively used to cockroaches, given that
1. tropical climates are good for large cockroaches
2. my cat seems to love hunting them*

So yes, only two blocks.

Bonus story: one of the lifts in my office building is padded over so that construction workers can use it. One day I was in there with a few other people (mostly women), and then a cockroach appeared from the back. It was interesting how we all shifted around to avoid it, and such relief when it disappeared down the elevator shaft once the door opened.

*Cat lives outdoors as does her prey; there are no cockroaches in the house. None. NONE.

We used to have these large yucky beetles in the house, then we got spiders and all the beetles disappeared. Then we got cats and the spider population was cut down pretty hard.

But yeah, insects don't bother me.

Well, now that's a lab experience I'd like to take part in. As long as the cockroaches aren't alive, obviously.

Of course not! That'd be cruel.
 Mostly quiet.

potatobunny

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #688 on: October 23, 2014, 08:45:30 AM »
We used to have these large yucky beetles in the house, then we got spiders and all the beetles disappeared. Then we got cats and the spider population was cut down pretty hard.

But yeah, insects don't bother me.

I'm alright with most insects, as long as they don't get into my personal space, but I cannot handle cockroaches. I have a vivid memory of the time one flew straight at my face.  :(
I do like spiders, though, and dragonflies. I can deal with leeches with minimal flinching, too. (Giant forest millipedes, though, they're just kind of creepy.)

ThisCat

• Ranger
« Reply #689 on: October 23, 2014, 09:33:18 AM »
I'm alright with most insects, as long as they don't get into my personal space, but I cannot handle cockroaches. I have a vivid memory of the time one flew straight at my face.  :(
I do like spiders, though, and dragonflies. I can deal with leeches with minimal flinching, too. (Giant forest millipedes, though, they're just kind of creepy.)

I'll grant you the millipedes, ich. Anything with more legs than I can easily count still creeps me out. I think the reason I don't mind cockroaches so much is that I've never actually seen one. They're not native to Norway (except one species you don't see indoors) so they're generally pretty rare.
 Mostly quiet.