Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409172 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #8115 on: July 12, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »
Ooh, who were the Haikyuu cosplayers cosplaying?
& I watched the first few minutes of Mad Max with my sister the other day but she couldn't stomach the weird scene with the ladies and the milk (???) so she left, and it's no fun watching movies without her. D:

My friend that I was going with (he was cosplaying as someone from Kuroko no Basuke) said "oh there'll be tons, you'll fit right in!". Aaaaand then we saw like two (maybe three) people. There was a Hinata and a Kageyama but I don't think they were aware of each other.

Ooh, who were the Haikyuu cosplayers cosplaying?
& I watched the first few minutes of Mad Max with my sister the other day but she couldn't stomach the weird scene with the ladies and the milk (???) so she left, and it's no fun watching movies without her. D:

Ahh but that scene is like, really short? o-o I mean the implications of it are terrible of course, but I didn't find it that weird/gross visually? (Then again, it is pretty hard to gross me out)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:43:12 AM by Solovei »
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #8116 on: July 12, 2015, 01:51:35 PM »
Aand I'm on my bus back to Prague again. It's about 2,5 hours but it's the lovely bus with wifi and free chocolate. It will be nice to Forum properly and catch up on threads when I get back, instead of just shooting in random posts talking about myself, ha...  (spoiler: this is also a random post talking about myself)

I had a really good time hanging out with my friends again, getting all nostalgic over computer games we played ten years ago, watching mad max and song of the sea, and taking walks in the nature rezervation and giving eachother odd looks when we passed a lady taking her cat on a swim.

ALSO I got to see my mom again!! And my little brother, too. They brought me some forgotten stuff, and, more importantly, MAIL!!!! My copy of Nimona, a wonderful letter from DancingRanger, a postcard from Iceland (WHY THE SPORTACUS STICKER, LAUFEY) aaaand a postcard from the faroe islands my own family sent me. Which is incidentally the biggest postcard I have ever received. I got to hear about their faroe island adventures too, and it seems like I didn't miss out on _too_ much even though I'd love to go there.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be working from 7am instead of 9, helping with the breakfast buffet. We'll see how well my sleeping schedule will take that. I also have tickets for a Blackmore's Night concert on tuesday, but it's not in prague. It's on the other side of the country, in Český Krumlov. I know how to get there in time, but no idea on how to get back the same day... I might end up asking for a day off and just sleep over there and be a tourist for a day, since the city is supposed to be really pretty and all. Maybe move my work to saturday instead. Wow. Such plan. Very future.

you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #8117 on: July 12, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »
...a postcard from Iceland (WHY THE SPORTACUS STICKER, LAUFEY)

The Sportacus sticker was a wonderful idea and you can't deny that.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8118 on: July 12, 2015, 02:12:55 PM »
Aand I'm on my bus back to Prague again. It's about 2,5 hours but it's the lovely bus with wifi and free chocolate. It will be nice to Forum properly and catch up on threads when I get back, instead of just shooting in random posts talking about myself, ha...  (spoiler: this is also a random post talking about myself)

I had a really good time hanging out with my friends again, getting all nostalgic over computer games we played ten years ago, watching mad max and song of the sea, and taking walks in the nature rezervation and giving eachother odd looks when we passed a lady taking her cat on a swim.

ALSO I got to see my mom again!! And my little brother, too. They brought me some forgotten stuff, and, more importantly, MAIL!!!! My copy of Nimona, a wonderful letter from DancingRanger, a postcard from Iceland (WHY THE SPORTACUS STICKER, LAUFEY) aaaand a postcard from the faroe islands my own family sent me. Which is incidentally the biggest postcard I have ever received. I got to hear about their faroe island adventures too, and it seems like I didn't miss out on _too_ much even though I'd love to go there.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be working from 7am instead of 9, helping with the breakfast buffet. We'll see how well my sleeping schedule will take that. I also have tickets for a Blackmore's Night concert on tuesday, but it's not in prague. It's on the other side of the country, in Český Krumlov. I know how to get there in time, but no idea on how to get back the same day... I might end up asking for a day off and just sleep over there and be a tourist for a day, since the city is supposed to be really pretty and all. Maybe move my work to saturday instead. Wow. Such plan. Very future.

Public transportation with free wifi is most best. I am an expert at knowing all the different ways to get on the wifi at the subway stations and on the subways in Japan. I even figured out how to wifi hop as we traveled from station to station when the trains didn't have wifi. Also pocket wifi is a thing in Japan too, so I got into my uncle's and followed him everywhere :P I swear though, they just carry these unlimited wifi disks in their pockets everywhere. It's crazy but I like it.

And Nimona! I read Nimona! I completely forgot about that. Huh. I guess this is the second webcomic I've followed. I didn't get involved in the Nimona community though.
Hee hee Lazy Town. I remember that show. I remember the girl with the pink hair. I used to be obsessed with pink.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8119 on: July 12, 2015, 02:53:54 PM »
And Nimona! I read Nimona! I completely forgot about that. Huh. I guess this is the second webcomic I've followed. I didn't get involved in the Nimona community though.

Fellow Nimona fans!! Hi! :D I only got into Nimona by the end of its run, and I found SSSS while looking for a replacement comic, heheh. I met Noelle Stevenson in April and got a copy of Nimona for my birthday :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #8120 on: July 12, 2015, 04:05:47 PM »
Fellow Nimona fans!! Hi! :D I only got into Nimona by the end of its run, and I found SSSS while looking for a replacement comic, heheh. I met Noelle Stevenson in April and got a copy of Nimona for my birthday :)

AAAAA I'm so jealous!!! Also hello fellow Nimona fan!!! I followed it RELIGIOUSLY pretty much from the beginning (first chapter iirc) but then forgot about it just at the climax - and now I can't read the end because the site doesn't have the last chapters ;__; I intend to buy a book eventually and gingerhaze was the first person I followed on tumblr <3
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #8121 on: July 12, 2015, 04:26:39 PM »
AAAAA I'm so jealous!!! Also hello fellow Nimona fan!!! I followed it RELIGIOUSLY pretty much from the beginning (first chapter iirc) but then forgot about it just at the climax - and now I can't read the end because the site doesn't have the last chapters ;__; I intend to buy a book eventually and gingerhaze was the first person I followed on tumblr <3

I think I followed it from the beginning too, or maybe the second page. I was so confused at first because I had no idea how webcomics worked. My friend was just like: Here. Read this now. And I did. I forget how long ago it ended.

Ugh I have another headache now from my jetlagged sleeping patterns. Hopefully I don't fall asleep in my paint again...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8122 on: July 12, 2015, 05:56:34 PM »

....... yeah no I don't think I can deny that

also size comparison with the faroes card:

what the actual heck is this leviathan

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8123 on: July 12, 2015, 06:24:26 PM »
WHY THE SPORTACUS STICKER, LAUFEY

... This must be some strange private joke.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #8124 on: July 12, 2015, 06:25:51 PM »

Nope - for once Haiz isn't responsible, it's just me terrorizing them for the lols. :D

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #8125 on: July 12, 2015, 06:31:21 PM »
Nope - for once Haiz isn't responsible, it's just me terrorizing them for the lols. :D

"heh heh heh, I'm gonna put a sticker of Sportacus with a shiny caboose jumping into a pool onto the card. That will give them a scare for sure, ah ah hah".

Who thinks like that? Crazy people, that's who.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #8126 on: July 12, 2015, 06:34:04 PM »
"heh heh heh, I'm gonna put a sticker of Sportacus with a shiny caboose jumping into a pool onto the card. That will give them a scare for sure, ah ah hah".

Who thinks like that? Crazy Genius people, that's who.

Fixed that for you... Anyway, Haiz wasn't my only victim, I also put an Emil-looking viking sticker on Solo's card. Fear me.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #8127 on: July 12, 2015, 06:34:27 PM »
Welp, I'm moving to my semi-permanent residence today, which means that instead of having my own private loft and being woken up by birdsong and an attractive young man playing the guitar downstairs and singing (I checked: he's taken), I'm going to be sharing a bunkbed with my 14-year-old girl cousin and being woken up by my aunt hollering upstairs to get up already. And I start my job tomorrow morning!!! *excited screaming*
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8128 on: July 12, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »

Oh nooooo, I'd lend you my book if we were in the same state :(

I think I followed it from the beginning too, or maybe the second page. I was so confused at first because I had no idea how webcomics worked. My friend was just like: Here. Read this now. And I did. I forget how long ago it ended.

It ended in... early October? I don't even remember how I found it. I wish I could recommend it to people, but then I remember that most of it's not online anymore >_<

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #8129 on: July 12, 2015, 06:37:28 PM »
I only wish

Hee hee Lazy Town. I remember that show. I remember the girl with the pink hair. I used to be obsessed with pink.
oh yeah I forgot to quote this earlier hahaha ha... I always thought the girl looked a lot like me. She had the same haircut and it was before I was wearing glasses. MY hair wasn't pink (at the time) but I had some colourful stripes in it

my friend always thought I looked like Leelo from the fifth element, too. I think that's why I saw the movie in the first place, because he kept saying that. I guess it's the haircut again.

also surprising resemblance to a semi-obscure character from a pokemon ranger game

And I start my job tomorrow morning!!! *excited screaming*
*screams excitedly with you*

which reminds me I should get to bed because i also have a job tomorrow morning.......... hlep
guess I'll rather try cathcing up on forum tomorrow