Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387617 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7935 on: July 08, 2015, 06:31:12 PM »
I am adding to the pile of congratulations for RTR. Yay! This is so exciting! Þ and ð shaped confetti for you! :D

Trains. I get to spend my day today taking trains across Japan. And then tomorrow morning I get on a plane and we fly to Texas (why Texas? No idea, it's what the airline said). It's supposed to take a day to get there but no time will have passed for us due to time zones. Then we spend the night in Texas and fly home. Then I have two days to wash all my clothes and repack everything before I fly to Iceland. *squeeee*

everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #7936 on: July 08, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »
Welcome to Europe, it's kinda hot here right now.

Babies crying on a plane is a personal hell of mine. There's just something about it that makes me grind my teeth.

Thanks for the welcome!

Also one of mine. It's just... well, there is nothing good at all about being stuck in what amounts to a very large can with a crying child that just won't shut up for 12 hours.

As for it being hot, 's fine now, since that heatwave went. Below 25 C, I'm fine. I'm fine with above that, too, but ... it does get a bit sweaty and smothering at around 30 C +.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7937 on: July 08, 2015, 06:50:38 PM »
Okay, I'm pretty sure that the reputation that Minnions have for being insanely nice comes like 92% from this lady. Right here. (I'll be flying in to San Jose, and my grandfather's picking me up, so I'm good. :) )
And if any of y'all want to spend money at Lenz Arts sometime.... just saying.... And they also have demos and stuff, so y'know....

Wellll, I'm not quite offering myself as airport-Uber to *just any* Minnions -- those who draw amusing cartoons of me get priority!   ;)

Seriously, though, if any of you ever find yourselves in the Bay Area, let me know and I'll round up the troops for a real Minnion welcome (spaghetti-splotched shirts and ignored handshakes optional). 

Also, is this the grandfather with the cool life story, the one who reminds you of Mikkel?  And will you be working at Lenz Arts all summer?  (Cross-references Shakespeare Santa Cruz and Boardwalk schedules...)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:54:41 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #7938 on: July 08, 2015, 06:55:07 PM »
Wellll, I'm not quite offering myself as airport-Uber to *just any* Minnions -- those who draw amusing cartoons of me get priority!   ;)
Moreover, you could speak about Boulet :P
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #7939 on: July 08, 2015, 06:56:03 PM »
they have unicorns too
They even have unicorn food, actually. I'm surprised they don't have unicorn curry combs and stuff for sale yet.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7940 on: July 08, 2015, 07:00:09 PM »
"When Damarai visits her dearly loved Rainbow Elves, all of them start to smile. The dragon lady is not only very adorable but also more than funny. She likes to speak about her everyday adventures and excellently imitates all kinds of sounds. When she flies home to her dragon tree in the evening, after an abundant dragon meal, her wings glisten in all colors of the rainbow in the setting sun. "
it's me
it's actually me

...i will have to buy that dumb figure i swear
they have unicorns too

Wait, does it say anything about "high-pitched angry squeaking"?  Or trdelniks?  8)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7941 on: July 08, 2015, 07:01:09 PM »
Wait, does it say anything about "high-pitched angry squeaking"?  Or trdelniks?  8)

Hang on.

Hold the phone.

You could totally fit a Trdelnik over a Unicorn's horn...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:03:24 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7942 on: July 08, 2015, 07:14:33 PM »
Hang on.

Hold the phone.

You could totally fit a Trdelnik over a Unicorn's horn...
GASPS

*slaps hand away from drawing tablet* no. is slep time now. do not art reflex u hav work tmrow
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7943 on: July 08, 2015, 07:25:10 PM »
GASPS

*slaps hand away from drawing tablet* no. is slep time now. do not art reflex u hav work tmrow

What's this, actual self-control? You said you were feeling under the weather, but this is kinda extreme

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7944 on: July 08, 2015, 07:36:21 PM »
What's this, actual self-control? You said you were feeling under the weather, but this is kinda extreme
i was THIS CLOSE
but

Try not to do the thing > not doing the thing > did the thing anyways > the thing has been done

*facepalms self to bed*

you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7945 on: July 08, 2015, 07:50:57 PM »

*facepalms self to bed*

It's beautiful. Don't ever stop. :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7946 on: July 08, 2015, 08:24:44 PM »

Seriously, though, if any of you ever find yourselves in the Bay Area, let me know and I'll round up the troops for a real Minnion welcome (spaghetti-splotched shirts and ignored handshakes optional). 

Also, is this the grandfather with the cool life story, the one who reminds you of Mikkel?  And will you be working at Lenz Arts all summer?  (Cross-references Shakespeare Santa Cruz and Boardwalk schedules...)
This is my Mikkel-grandfather and I'm gonna listen to his lectures and rants and it's gonna be awesome. And I'll be at Lenz Arts until 9/20 (or until they don't need me anymore, whichever comes first).
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

KElder

• Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #7947 on: July 08, 2015, 09:01:46 PM »

I could absolutely see it prancing about the orloj.
:usa: - Fluent
:france: - Somewhat competent depending on the day

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #7948 on: July 08, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »
maybe i'm just 'nother dweller of that godforsaken mountain country but one hour and a half seems like perfectly okay driving distance to me??
I'd say 1.5hr would be feasible for a weekend/all-day thing, but that's up for interpretation.
I mean, we drive 6hr to cross the state and see family for 3 or 4 day weekends fairly regularly, so ... [insert math here] 1.5hr would be OK for, say, daylong events? idk, don't listen to me, it takes hours to get anywhere out here in the Wild West.
I think the bigger problem is the lack of transportation on RTR's side.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #7949 on: July 08, 2015, 10:54:23 PM »
RTR logic:
-Have approximately 1,000 things to do before 8:00 am tomorrow
-Time to draw my feelings on the subject!
Spoiler: show

I'm seriously so excited and also terrified.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.