Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387174 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7770 on: July 01, 2015, 03:43:58 PM »
HMMM I wonder if it isn't time for me to see it again too, I mean it's been at least a day since I saw it. Definitely a movie theatre experience -movie, I mean it's a great movie and probably still great on a smaller screen but... still.

That's my reasoning too. I'm not going to invest in a surround set-up and a massive screen anytime in the near-future. So the time for fully experiencing this movie is now.

I don't think there will be a third time though, my wallet bleeds.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7771 on: July 01, 2015, 03:46:57 PM »
The writing style of the saga blog actually reminds me a little of this book called "Zeus grants stupid wishes", which is a pretty great retelling of myths from various cultures! I think it has a little more mature language as far as I remember, but it was great fun to read.

and hghghhhhrhghhh i wanna. see fury road again too. i should find out where they play it around these parts. and how much it's for tickets
you'll know where to find me.

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #7772 on: July 01, 2015, 03:53:19 PM »
The writing style of the saga blog actually reminds me a little of this book called "Zeus grants stupid wishes", which is a pretty great retelling of myths from various cultures! I think it has a little more mature language as far as I remember, but it was great fun to read.

It's like Geoffrey Chaucer Hath A Blog, except instead of putting modern things in old language it's putting old things in modern language! Win!

Also, I have not seen Fury Road, but I understand I should perhaps? Yes?

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7773 on: July 01, 2015, 03:55:51 PM »
It's like Geoffrey Chaucer Hath A Blog, except instead of putting modern things in old language it's putting old things in modern language! Win!

hang on that reminds me, the author has a myth blog too actually!! warning for language and mature things although i haven't read this blog enough to be sure, but JUST IN CASE

fury road is amazing and if it seems like your thing you should definitely see it yes yes

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7774 on: July 01, 2015, 03:58:58 PM »

Yes. Trust me. I'm the most trustworthy person you will ever meet and I say go watch Fury Road.

I should not have browsed the self-insert thread while listening to the Fury Road soundtrack. That kind of thing leads to ideas.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7775 on: July 01, 2015, 03:59:55 PM »
Also, Egill being so sad his trousers explode. Wat. Wat is this, exactly, I require context!

"It is said that when they laid Bodvar in earth Egil was thus dressed: his hose were tight-fitting to his legs, he wore a red kirtle of fustian, closely-fitting, and laced at the sides: but they say that his muscles so swelled with his exertion that the kirtle was rent off him, as were also the hose"

I don't think there will be a third time though, my wallet bleeds.

I know that feeling all too well... but a second time there'll have to be at least, it's been ages since I saw an action movie so well made!

and hghghhhhrhghhh i wanna. see fury road again too. i should find out where they play it around these parts. and how much it's for tickets

If there were any fellow SSSS fans here I'd suggest a Fury Road meeting...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #7776 on: July 01, 2015, 04:06:00 PM »
hang on that reminds me, the author has a myth blog too actually!! warning for language and mature things although i haven't read this blog enough to be sure, but JUST IN CASE

fury road is amazing and if it seems like your thing you should definitely see it yes yes

AW YUS

Yes. Trust me. I'm the most trustworthy person you will ever meet and I say go watch Fury Road.

Sounds logical to me! Actually I've been told it's like Fallout, and I'm a big fan of Fallout soooooo...

"It is said that when they laid Bodvar in earth Egil was thus dressed: his hose were tight-fitting to his legs, he wore a red kirtle of fustian, closely-fitting, and laced at the sides: but they say that his muscles so swelled with his exertion that the kirtle was rent off him, as were also the hose"

OH MY GOD

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7777 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »
Sounds logical to me! Actually I've been told it's like Fallout, and I'm a big fan of Fallout soooooo...

Mmm... At first I thought it would be Fallout the Movie (based on the first five minutes and pictures I'd seen on the internet). I'd say it's more like Fallout, Orcs, podracing and the Quentin Tarantino movies combined.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #7778 on: July 01, 2015, 04:12:34 PM »
I should not have browsed the self-insert thread while listening to the Fury Road soundtrack. That kind of thing leads to ideas.

Ehehe, me and callipygous have talked about mad-max style SSSSona things... This was from one of our Highest-Quality conversations:

karna = callipygous
karri = ME
everyone else = probably dead i'm so sorry for our batshit ocs
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7779 on: July 01, 2015, 04:14:06 PM »
if you fury roadify the inserts I will cry with joy

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #7780 on: July 01, 2015, 04:31:08 PM »
Does anyone else see little german flags next to people's usernames instead of the green online icon? Because I see little german flags now and I have no idea why.
Not that *I* have ever experienced it, but there've been reports of SMF occasionally mixing up images before the server migration ... apparently that's just a thing it does every now and then ...

because I have too many keycards and mixed them up

one is for the staff elevator, one is to my room, one is to my previous room, and one was in this room already and DOES NOT WORK AS A KEY as I found out. I'm thankful for housekeeper master-keycards
I see that you're working on a full house there. *badumm tshhhh*
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7781 on: July 01, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »

Hee hee, this is hilarious!  I like its take on the Kalevala:

http://bettermyths.com/the-kalevala-is-serious-about-beer/
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #7782 on: July 01, 2015, 04:43:58 PM »
Then there's this kid Ólafur Peacock. You may have heard of him before.

Ólafur: "Can I have a Þorgerður."

Egill: "Sure!"

Þorgerður: "EW NO dad his mum was a slave!"

Ólafur: "Maybe but I'm also too sexy for my shirt." *hairflip**sparkle*

Þorgerður: "On a second thought ok."

!!!!!!!!!
!
Laufey how you hilarious. *flops*
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7783 on: July 01, 2015, 05:27:19 PM »
They read Egils Saga on RÚV a while ago. I listened to maybe the first three hours. I think I have it bookmarked somewhere...

Fun fact: We didn't cover any old norse sagas in any of the schools I went to in Canada or the US. It's really quite sad actually how much of it gets ignored. I know they teach some stuff in some parts of Manitoba, but sadly I did not grow up there. It's kinda strange since we covered Greek mythology and I feel like the Norse stuff would be more relevant to North America with Vineland and all, but for some reason it's just left out. Everything I know about it I learned outside of school.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

daiseerose

« Reply #7784 on: July 01, 2015, 06:09:01 PM »
It makes me quite sad that they don't cover Norse mythology. I totally agree with you, Norse mythology would be much more relevant. I guess they do Greek mythology because its really popular?