Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410556 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7725 on: June 30, 2015, 10:37:26 AM »
Does anyone else see little german flags next to people's usernames instead of the green online icon? Because I see little german flags now and I have no idea why.

IT HAS BEGUN.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #7726 on: June 30, 2015, 10:44:26 AM »
So, over the past couple weeks we got another little cutie:

Spoiler: show

He's two months old, and his name is Kintama, because Wyrd has awful taste in names for pets. We call him Kinny, or Spaz, because that is what he is. He's skittish as hell and likes to curl up in tiny balls, but he's totally in love with Franky. He has a tendency to follow her around and try to lick her (especially after we bathed her and she looked like a drowned rat), but she is Not Amused. Mostly because...

...she's sick. And pregnant, most likely--we took her to the vet yesterday but they can't tell for 100% sure. But she's put on a pound--almost 25% of her body weight--in the past two weeks, she's tired and sensitive and her stomach's gotten so big she can't quite clean herself properly. So, we're having her spayed, since she's very young and there's a risk of complications to the kittens if she brings them to term (she was a stray and almost certainly caught several of the viruses that are especially dangerous to very young kittens). So her surgery is this friday, and I fully expect her to be miserable for a while after that, but hopefully afterwards she'll be back to her old self. *crosses fingers* And in the meantime, Wyrd can have a lot of fun teasing her about "the things she had to do to survive on the streets!" etc etc.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #7727 on: June 30, 2015, 12:14:00 PM »
So, over the past couple weeks we got another little cutie:

Spoiler: show

He's two months old, and his name is Kintama, because Wyrd has awful taste in names for pets. We call him Kinny, or Spaz, because that is what he is. He's skittish as hell and likes to curl up in tiny balls, but he's totally in love with Franky. He has a tendency to follow her around and try to lick her (especially after we bathed her and she looked like a drowned rat), but she is Not Amused. Mostly because...

...she's sick. And pregnant, most likely--we took her to the vet yesterday but they can't tell for 100% sure. But she's put on a pound--almost 25% of her body weight--in the past two weeks, she's tired and sensitive and her stomach's gotten so big she can't quite clean herself properly. So, we're having her spayed, since she's very young and there's a risk of complications to the kittens if she brings them to term (she was a stray and almost certainly caught several of the viruses that are especially dangerous to very young kittens). So her surgery is this friday, and I fully expect her to be miserable for a while after that, but hopefully afterwards she'll be back to her old self. *crosses fingers* And in the meantime, Wyrd can have a lot of fun teasing her about "the things she had to do to survive on the streets!" etc etc.

EEEEeeeeEEEE Kintama is so adorable! :D This is the type of quality content I like to wake up to :0
He actually looks a little bit like one of my cats, but with more white and less of a tuxedo.

However, I hope she'll be okay! When we got one of my cats (also off the streets), she was pregnant, but we had to spay her as well or else both she and the kittens would have died. Have fun teasing her, maybe we should make a street cat support group ;)
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #7728 on: June 30, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »
You know what? I'm gonna share all the stupid nicknames I have for you guys
Be prepared.

Noodly Appendage- Poodle Bending

Haiz- Haiz the Maze

SectoBoss- SectoHoss (for some rEASON)

Curry- Flurry 

Sunflower- The Mod with the Power

(all of them rhyme and i regret nothing)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #7729 on: June 30, 2015, 12:29:41 PM »
Be prepared.

Haiz- Haiz the Maze

Curry- Flurry 

Ahahahaha, I have a nickname, I'm so honored. Most of my nicknames are me mispronouncing your usernames or forgetting how they go? The most recent one is for Indui, sometimes known as Induudiiuduiuiuijjiujiui (or a similar variation thereof)
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7730 on: June 30, 2015, 12:31:37 PM »
Be prepared.

Haiz- Haiz the Maze

Curry- Flurry 

*slowly claps*
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 12:33:39 PM by RealRedCloudYT »
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7731 on: June 30, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »
Kicknrun, I do the same thing! With Haiz, at least. I sometimes think of hir as 'the Haizling'.
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7732 on: June 30, 2015, 12:40:23 PM »
Oh that is cruel, I love it  :D
HE HAD IT COMING

That's like lýsi right? My friend brought me some of that as a joke gift last summer.
idk, probably? in norwegian it's called tran, and for some inexplicable reason I actually quite like it.

Haiz- Haiz the Maze
NICE, i do like mazes
....which reminds me I should go visit the mirror maze here in prague someday soon

Kicknrun, I do the same thing! With Haiz, at least. I sometimes think of hir as 'the Haizling'.
omg
that's
that's so cute??
(I AM NOT CUTE I AM A MIGHTY MAGE OF DARKNESS AND POW- gosh darn it RTR you've ruined me)

hushpiper: I'm not in shape to read thru all that text but WHAT A CUTE KITTEN EEE

URGhGRh existing is a lot of effort today..... I just spent three hours lying in my bed not doing anything and my head is spinning and bluh bleh bluh. I'm gonna try to head out to get some fresh air at least, it occurs to me that living in the same building where I work means I don't actually go outside at all.

oh and
yesterday
I managed to forget the keycard to my room....... inside the room
because I have too many keycards and mixed them up

one is for the staff elevator, one is to my room, one is to my previous room, and one was in this room already and DOES NOT WORK AS A KEY as I found out. I'm thankful for housekeeper master-keycards
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7733 on: June 30, 2015, 12:47:35 PM »
Hushpiper: Your cats are so cute!! I hope the grey one will be okay!

Haiz: Ughh, that's too many keycards. I usually get nervous just by having to take care of one keycard when we stay at a hotel... I hope you feel better! Are you sick or just tired, or...?
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #7734 on: June 30, 2015, 12:55:26 PM »
Haiz: Ughh, that's too many keycards. I usually get nervous just by having to take care of one keycard when we stay at a hotel... I hope you feel better! Are you sick or just tired, or...?
hahahaha yeahhh I'm glad I only need two of them. But I get a masterkeycard when I'm doing inspections, though... at least it doesn't look exactly the same.
and thanks, I'm not really sure what's going on with me? I might be a little sick and a little tired and a little overwhelmed all at once. WHO KNOWS
you'll know where to find me.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #7735 on: June 30, 2015, 01:01:43 PM »
hahahaha yeahhh I'm glad I only need two of them. But I get a masterkeycard when I'm doing inspections, though... at least it doesn't look exactly the same.
and thanks, I'm not really sure what's going on with me? I might be a little sick and a little tired and a little overwhelmed all at once. WHO KNOWS

Ohh, I think I know the feeling... :/
Can you ask for a day off to take care of your health?

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #7736 on: June 30, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »
Does anyone else see little german flags next to people's usernames instead of the green online icon? Because I see little german flags now and I have no idea why.
I am seeing a bunch of weird out of place stuff, including Haiz's avatar under all of my posts...? Probably just my internet being weird and messing with stuff.
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #7737 on: June 30, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »
Hey
Somebody knows how to survive one week with little kids under 8 years old? With 20 of them.
Yeah, it's the campsite I am. This week I'm with little kids. Hopefully, next week I'll be with persons of my age. OH WELL.
Seeing as I'm a Beaver (Scouts) leader, my advice is to distract them with as many games and stuff as you can, make sure at least one person's watching over 'em and then go and hide in the shade somewhere.
But, um, seriously- kids are excitable, sure, but when it comes to it, they will listen to you if you're forceful enough and speak in italics.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7738 on: June 30, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »
Seeing as I'm a Beaver (Scouts) leader, my advice is to distract them with as many games and stuff as you can, make sure at least one person's watching over 'em and then go and hide in the shade somewhere.
But, um, seriously- kids are excitable, sure, but when it comes to it, they will listen to you if you're forceful enough and speak in italics.
I don't know if children that young have learned to understand font yet
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #7739 on: June 30, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »

Try CTRL+F5 and see if it fixes it.