Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387923 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7680 on: June 29, 2015, 05:43:39 PM »
What's this, a Norwegian who doesn't like fish?
I don't like skiing either

.....ok, I'll eat fish once in a while, but in Norway at least it's fresh quality fish. here, noooooooot so much
you'll know where to find me.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #7681 on: June 29, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
Can't stand fish. While the taste can sometimes be decent, I hate having fish bones stuck in my throat.

And the smell. Yuck.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7682 on: June 29, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »
OHMYGOD YOU GUYS EARTHQUAKE!!!!! RIGHT NOW AND ANOTHER ONE OHMYGOD!!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7683 on: June 29, 2015, 06:00:24 PM »

EARTHQUAKE?! Are you ok?! o~o
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7684 on: June 29, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »
I don't like skiing either
Can't stand fish. While the taste can sometimes be decent, I hate having fish bones stuck in my throat.
And the smell. Yuck.

It's Japan, it's normal.

Mélusine

« Reply #7685 on: June 29, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »
A small, I hope ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7686 on: June 29, 2015, 06:04:46 PM »
I'm fine! They were little. Hopefully they will stay little. It just scared the heck out of me and woke everyone else up. Also our room is on floor 11 so we can kinda feel the building sway and it's a bit scary because I have a big fear of up high things.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7687 on: June 29, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
I'm fine! They were little. Hopefully they will stay little. It just scared the heck out of me and woke everyone else up. Also our room is on floor 11 so we can kinda feel the building sway and it's a bit scary because I have a big fear of up high things.

Don't do that again! You scared me a lot QwQ

Also, talking about these disasters, I survived a big tornado when I was a baby. I can't remember anything but heh, that was epic I suppose?? no right?
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7688 on: June 29, 2015, 06:11:43 PM »

And the smell. Yuck.

Fish is the best. :P Iceland has ruined all kinds of fish foods for me though, it's rare to get as fresh fish elsewhere unless I go fish it up myself...

I hope you already know something about the next island you're going to visit. :D

Well ok, ours are usually tiny, but we're waiting for a big one for south Iceland at the moment. It's about time and the activity is on the rise.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7689 on: June 29, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »
Fish is the best. :P Iceland has ruined all kinds of fish foods for me though, it's rare to get as fresh fish elsewhere unless I go fish it up myself...

Yaaaay fellow fish lover :D  *hi-fives*
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7690 on: June 29, 2015, 06:32:01 PM »
Sorry if I scared anyone!! I was startled and a bit scared at first, but it was actually more out of excitement than terror that I was telling you guys and using so many capitals. Like oh wow I have to tell everyone about this! But also some fear because like I said 11 story building and heights. I used to live in Cali though and we had earthquakes all the time, but it's been several years since I experienced one.

I hope you already know something about the next island you're going to visit. :D

Well ok, ours are usually tiny, but we're waiting for a big one for south Iceland at the moment. It's about time and the activity is on the rise.

I've never eaten fish or seafood, I mean I've tried it, but I just don't like it. Last summer my friend brought me some dried fish from Iceland and made me eat it. It was terrifying. It also smelled really really bad. I plan on not eating any fish while there, but my family thinks this resolve is hilarious and makes fun of me for it every moment they get.

As for earthquakes in Iceland, we should see who gets their Big One first. I know Cali is calling for one now too. :P and at least in Iceland I'll be staying in a one story building and not an 11 story one. Although the fact that the hotel was swaying is probably a good thing and means they built it right because it helps absorb shocks and stuff. It was probably more felt on the lower floors.

Edit: I am secretly hoping a volcano erupts while I'm in Iceland so that they cancel all the flights and I don't have to go home.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:38:29 PM by Feartheviolas »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7691 on: June 29, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »
Fish is the best.

Seafood-appreciaters unite!

As for earthquakes in Iceland, we should see who gets their Big One first.

"Big one" in terms of earthquakes means different things in Japan, California and Iceland. Different faults, different severeties of quake.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #7692 on: June 29, 2015, 06:56:49 PM »

Oooh! Does this mean that after we fight-non-fight and eat steamed buns we can add fish to the menu as well?

Edit: I am secretly hoping a volcano erupts while I'm in Iceland so that they cancel all the flights and I don't have to go home.

It's ok, Icelanders mostly eat sheep anyway. :D As for volcanoes... well, with a bit of bad luck Katla might go boom. She's a bit overdue her usual schedule and would probably cause similar ash clouds as Eyjafjallajökull did. If you're hiking in the area and hear five booms and see five flares, get on higher ground (that's the warning signal for an eruption beginning, five maroons + five flares).

Seafood-appreciaters unite!

"Big one" in terms of earthquakes means different things in Japan, California and Iceland. Different faults, different severeties of quake.

It blew my mind when I first moved here and realized how unbelievably cheap the seafood was in comparison to Finland, and how fresh. :3

Iceland is kind of lucky in that even the big ones tend to be small-ish. Last time we just lost lots of sheep when a big one happened and some houses were damaged (they're not built shock absorbent here because there's rarely need for that). Some people were injured but no one died.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #7693 on: June 29, 2015, 07:05:23 PM »

It's ok, Icelanders mostly eat sheep anyway. :D As for volcanoes... well, with a bit of bad luck Katla might go boom. She's a bit overdue her usual schedule and would probably cause similar ash clouds as Eyjafjallajökull did. If you're hiking in the area and hear five booms and see five flares, get on higher ground (that's the warning signal for an eruption beginning, five maroons + five flares).

Oh! Oh! Can we watch videos of news reporters trying to say Eyjafjallajökull? They always make me smile. Can you say Eyjafjallajökull?

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #7694 on: June 29, 2015, 07:06:17 PM »
well, with a bit of bad luck Katla might go boom. She's a bit overdue her usual schedule and would probably cause similar ash clouds as Eyjafjallajökull did.

Don't you DARE, I just cleaned my darn windows. There will be hell to pay, or rather - hell will pay!