Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387912 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #7275 on: June 21, 2015, 04:18:54 AM »
Heh, I can't exactly meddle into this conversation, seeing as I am a chatterbox deluxe that talks ALL THE TIME ALL DAY ALWAYS. Kind of. I guess. I mean, I'm no good at small talk and I may keep quiet for the longest of times if I don't feel like I have anything to say (which is often actually)... I am super insecure about a billion things like my pronounciation, accent, dialect, if I'm being annoying, too quiet, too loud... but I love standing on stage and talk, I love presenting things, I love reading things loud, reciting, making a noise. So. Um. Yeah. the easiest way to make my self esteem collapse is saying you're tired of hearing my voice because I'll understand all too well.

I agree phone calls are awful though. It's almost always wayy easier to just text me.

I'm finally on the bus to Brno! I really like travelling like this? Not only because the bus has free wifi and free hot chocolate (whee), but I've come to enjoy just sitting and observing the road from a bus window. I've gone this way many times and always remember to watch out for the eagle-shaped billboard that appears midway. I love the open landscapes and the fields and grass and trees and maybe it's just nostalgia who knows.

tomorrow I'm probably going to the hairdresser to remove the green from my hair, and I'm thinking of asking her to maybe dye my hair brown? Like, if I can't have a weird colour (hotel reception worker standards), maybe a different Normal Colour.... Anything but this awful greyblonde tbh
you'll know where to find me.

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #7276 on: June 21, 2015, 05:52:36 AM »
I'm finally on the bus to Brno! I really like travelling like this? Not only because the bus has free wifi and free hot chocolate (whee), but I've come to enjoy just sitting and observing the road from a bus window. I've gone this way many times and always remember to watch out for the eagle-shaped billboard that appears midway. I love the open landscapes and the fields and grass and trees and maybe it's just nostalgia who knows.

The bus has WHAAAAAAAT?! Are you 100% sure you're not aboard a mobile café? ;)
*cries in the corner over the state of the island's busses. And overall wifi.*

I went to Perth today, and the landscape up there is so cool and gothic! It's like, super flat, with giant white antler trees dotted about like a Romantic painting and the grass grows in little dead tufts and all the rocks sit on top of the earth and one second you're driving past a crumbling colonial estate ruin, and the next it's a billion sheep and giant irrigation structure like... so gothic. I could totally imagine the old carriages using the old road and getting held up or having a weird picnic. And we stopped at a weird cafe with a windmill and it was very kitsch, mum got a coffee and apparently it was the best coffee she's ever had and the little barista guy peeked out of the kitchen and OH MY GOODNESS he had amazing Emil-level hair, but tied back in a hygienic ponytail U__Ub very professional. Very stylish.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:55:11 AM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #7277 on: June 21, 2015, 07:19:50 AM »
Perth landscape sounds really nice.
Quote from: Daéa Reina
Also, I get so nervous when there are a lot of new pages and unread topics and things. It is like when you are walking with your friends and you stop to tie your shoe, and next thing you know, they are miles ahead of you.

Thank you Daéa, that is a very accurate description how I felt this morning. I've just spent 2,25 hours reading through all lots of the new posts ("just a quick glance at the forum before I'll confront my to-do-list for today..."). Thanks for making me laugh so many times... but now I don't know how I'll ever catch up with my poor neglected responsibilities. At this point, my brain always goes "it is too much, you won't be able to do all this - so there's no point in starting to do it! Let's just read a book/listen to some music/meet a friend instead!"
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #7278 on: June 21, 2015, 07:26:52 AM »
fen and daéa I feel the same way actually. I always read every post on the SSSSona and art threads but I just can't bring myself to read 5 pages if replies here every time I wake up, so... random non sequitur replies it is oops
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7279 on: June 21, 2015, 07:31:32 AM »
Hello all. So this morning I am going to get on an airplane and fly to Japan with my family. It's part one of a crazy adventure. (Part two is when I go to Iceland by myself and survive as a totally capable adult wooo)
But if you guys are interested I can do little updates on how it goes kinda like Haiz has been doing. I know some people have already expressed interest so if that's ok with everyone else I can do that thing.

There's nothing much for today aside from a 20 hour plane ride. We have a stop over in Chicago. That will be fun. I have to go soon now, and obviously I won't be super active for a while, but I'll come by when I can.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #7280 on: June 21, 2015, 07:38:47 AM »
Hello all. So this morning I am going to get on an airplane and fly to Japan with my family. It's part one of a crazy adventure. (Part two is when I go to Iceland by myself and survive as a totally capable adult wooo)
But if you guys are interested I can do little updates on how it goes kinda like Haiz has been doing. I know some people have already expressed interest so if that's ok with everyone else I can do that thing.

There's nothing much for today aside from a 20 hour plane ride. We have a stop over in Chicago. That will be fun. I have to go soon now, and obviously I won't be super active for a while, but I'll come by when I can.
Oh wow! Exciting! :O Enjoy your adventure!

Edit: The other week I found a teeny tiny tick on me, and I got it off no problem. But the spot where it bit me is so incredibly itchy, super super super itchy. It keeps me up at night, I scratch it in my sleep, it induces terrible bouts of embarrassing "I Want To Scratch But I Must Resist" dancing. <_<
No major rash or anything, so no trollification just yet. Phew. (However the dancing and screeching is quite monstrous)

I've looked up just about everything on the internet and helped mum scour through her first aid books and notes, and all of them are the same: pretty vague, but also to their credit, direct -->
Step One: Kill And Remove The Tick
Me: Yes, good. Check! And then.....? And thEN??
The general list of Symptoms To Watch Out For also fall into the vague category; the majority being:
Potential symptoms of tick-borne diseases include:
- red spot or rash near the bite site.
- neck stiffness.
- headache or nausea.
- weakness.
- muscle or joint pain or achiness.
Considering that I've just emerged out of study/exam season, am already very tired and bloopy, (maybe I should just buck up and go get iron tablets like I'm supposed to <_<) and have been worried sick about poor old grandpa (who is actually fine, by the way :3 still has a broken face, but he's ok.) I'm not sure if I'm just being a hypochondriac.
I think I'll go to the Doc though, just in case.
But arrrggghhhh, the Doc. U__U

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:26:42 AM by OrigamiOwl »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #7281 on: June 21, 2015, 08:04:55 AM »
I went to Perth today, and the landscape up there is so cool and gothic! It's like, super flat, with giant white antler trees dotted about like a Romantic painting and the grass grows in little dead tufts and all the rocks sit on top of the earth and one second you're driving past a crumbling colonial estate ruin, and the next it's a billion sheep and giant irrigation structure like... so gothic. I could totally imagine the old carriages using the old road and getting held up or having a weird picnic.

And we stopped at a weird cafe with a windmill and it was very kitsch, mum got a coffee and apparently it was the best coffee she's ever had and the little barista guy peeked out of the kitchen and OH MY GOODNESS he had amazing Emil-level hair, but tied back in a hygienic ponytail U__Ub very professional. Very stylish.

It sounds amazing!  Did you get any pictures?  And did you make sure to count all your sisters as you got back in the car?   ;) I'm getting a distinct "Picnic at Hanging Rock" vibe. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #7282 on: June 21, 2015, 08:23:02 AM »
Still don't understand what the big deal about that is (other than the fact that sorry is spelled with an O and not an A so you should pronounce the O?)
If English is the language that mugs other languages in back streets to steal concepts from them, then "pronunciation follows spelling" is the one it dropped on the floor then and there, stomped it into the mud to conceal it, and eagerly waited a couple centuries for the invention of cars so as to be able to pave a parking lot over it. ;D

Nowadays those people make me feel like I'm loosing touch with my roots (no! must bathe in Sauerkraut :P).
For what it's worth, the proper pronunciation of that term is as if it were spelled "POWERKRAUT". :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #7283 on: June 21, 2015, 08:27:23 AM »
It sounds amazing!  Did you get any pictures?  And did you make sure to count all your sisters as you got back in the car?   ;) I'm getting a distinct "Picnic at Hanging Rock" vibe. 
I got 2 pictures! Of clouds -__- but I'll post them up tomorrow maybe anyway ;)
I was the only sister who went, so, luckily no one went missing out on the wiley windy moors fields.

Oh gosh. That movie. We had to watch it when I was 15 at high school, and it irrationally freaked me out. I think it was that terrible ambient humming sound that was always in the background. And the soundtrack. And how the school tv had terrible sharp sound turned up too loud and I dislike that kind of noise. Also the fact that I had been planning a bush picnic with my school friends but NOT AFTER WATCHING THAT. NO.
It instilled a permanent fear and paranoia of the bush in my soul. ;-; I can't even walk up the back track of the property without imagining all the terrifying scenarios that could happen, asking the questions:

- what if a man suddenly appears
- what if I enter another dimension
- what if I time warp
- what was that soUND?!
- why is that cockatoo lookin' at me funny
- why do the clouds move so fast up here but not down the hill
- that looks like a sea snail shell but that is not a forest dwelling creature
- was that a SNEEZE I HEARD
- MIRANDAAAA??

The list goes on, Sunny ;-; the list goes ON
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:31:07 AM by OrigamiOwl »

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #7284 on: June 21, 2015, 09:00:44 AM »
Double post because I'm a bloop.
Sunny, these are some pictures from google in the meantime :3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7285 on: June 21, 2015, 09:52:56 AM »
Owl: oooooooooh wow those are some reallyreally nice pictures O: O: O:

aaaaand after spending a few hours with my grandmother, I can see where I get my talkativeness from. woops. I've been told about practically every change that has been done to the area since we were here for christmas. I think I've even been told the exact number of trees that are planted here. Plus the entire plot of some tv series or other because part of it was relevant to something I said. I'm honestly a little glad grandpa wasn't with us, don't get me wrong I love my grandparents and all, but they kind of bicker like - oh. they are an old married couple. the car ride from the bus station was exhausting enough aha ha

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #7286 on: June 21, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
Perth! I've been there! I have family there. (Challenge: find somewhere where  Viola doesn't have family living)

Our morning has been crazy. Our flights got cancelled because of weather issues and then we had to drive to this other airport that was two hours away and we got put on another flight but then part of our family already left on a different plane and we are on an entirely different airline. Then we almost didn't get seats because the plane was overbooked but now we have our seats and we are waiting for the plane.  Woooo planes
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #7287 on: June 21, 2015, 12:03:56 PM »
aw, Viola, that sounds stressful ://

I have some pointless pictures from today:
Spoiler: show

my friend the eagle billboard
(it's for Mattoni, a brand of mineral water)

I used to love watching for this billboard because I used to love eagles. I mean i still love eagles. I always loved the czech 1000 koruna-bills, not because of their worth but because EAGLES:

sometimes i refer to going shopping in czech as 'grilling eagles' because whoops there go all my savings

and from when I went out to eat lunch/dinner with my grandmother:

on the left is her beer, on the right my Kofola - it's a kind of special czech coke? I don't usually drink any kind of coke but kofola is actually really good. I took this picture mostly because the similarity was funny

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #7288 on: June 21, 2015, 01:37:12 PM »
Guys I'm going to say something random wich you can skip if you want

Spoiler: random thing • show

So, you know what to do when you're drawing Reynir trying to sleep or something? Remember the verse my BFF said while we were in the school bus
She said: ''Hey Gala, you love Reynir a lot, don't you?''
''yeah sure, but not for marry him''
''y'know what?''
''...no?''
*Raining men song(?)* ''IT'S REYNIR MEN! EMILUYAH!''
''...''
''...''
''you're kidding me right''
*both singing*

Best thing ever
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #7289 on: June 21, 2015, 01:46:46 PM »
Dear Forum people, I need advice.

Do I go see Mad Max Fury Road for the FOURTH TIME on Tuesday? Or do I just sit here sad and alone, pining after a film so amazing I can barely put it into words?

Please tell me this is a terrible idea.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: