Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411179 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6750 on: June 12, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »
that happens sometimes....... should i be worried

No I guess.
maybe
I dunno
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #6751 on: June 12, 2015, 12:26:44 PM »
Cat: *taking a poop position at the potato patch*
Me: *removes lid of a half-filled tin trashcan and swings it so as to catch cat underneath and inside it, covered in trash*
Kids, about to climb over the fence: *freeze*
Me: *holds up another can in front of my face and squints as if checking whether kid will fit inside*

all over the floor like an ocean until someone (me) mops it up. I mean there are drains in the bathtub of course, but not on the floor.....
Well, that does at least offer an explanation why they didn't clean it up themselves: No drain, and where does a hotel guest grab a mop or a bunch of hankies or whatever on the fly?

How it got there in the first place is a different question, however. (My current excuse is that that's a (floor level) shower in the bathroom of the recently renovated hotel room and that there's neither a curtain nor anything else because they noticed after most of the renovation had happened that the plexiglass door they planned to have installed doesn't fit between the newly-installed sink etc. anymore. ::) ) I guess it's not just a tub(+faucet), but also has hose+head for showering?

how many of those do you have
I guess that producing ever more of those is an official part of speaking the language ... :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:29:02 PM by JoB »
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6752 on: June 12, 2015, 01:00:04 PM »
Me: *removes lid of a half-filled tin trashcan and swings it so as to catch cat underneath and inside it, covered in trash*Me: *holds up another can in front of my face and squints as if checking whether kid will fit inside*

Now to find a trashcan that could fit 3-5 kids and two cats... for some reason they both travel in packs.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6753 on: June 12, 2015, 01:08:09 PM »
In california we had bins that looked like this:

I could fit in the two bigger ones easily if I crouched a bit (I am about 170cm). You could probably fit two small kids and a cat in each one. I know we put my little brother (he was about 6 or 7 at the time) in the middle sized one once and wheeled him around and there was plenty of room around him. He would still easily fit and he's 11 now.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6754 on: June 12, 2015, 01:12:05 PM »
I might have complained before that the neighbourhood cats like to do their business in our garden and the neighbourhood kids like to trample the flowerbeds to take a "shortcut" through our backyard. So I was just taking out the trash a moment ago and -

Cat: *taking a poop position at the potato patch*
Laufey: *charges at cat clapping hands and screaming random Finnish profanity*
Kids, about to climb over the fence: *freeze*
Laufey: *notices kids*

End result: lots of awkward staring.
When I was little there was a loose slat on the fence bordering our neighbor's backyard and ours. One day my neighbor was gardening and felt someone watching her---she turned around to see the slat gone and replaced by mine, my brother's, and my sister's heads, one on top of the other, watching her.

We would go in and out of her backyard (which was really pretty, she was a really good gardener) all the time, and my brother would sometimes get stuck in the fence hole because his head was too big. I'd squeeze in through the hole, then go and unlatch the gate to let him in. Once my sister crashed a party she was holding for her friends, and came home with brownies. My poor mom was mortified.

Then finally the neighbor decided to have her fence replaced.
She commissioned the fence guys to put hinges on two of the slats in the same spot as the original hole, so that way we could come and go as we liked.

She was the best neighbor. We went to visit her a couple times after we moved away. Last I heard she was married and travelling a lot internationally. I hope she's doing well.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #6755 on: June 12, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
Now to find a trashcan that could fit 3-5 kids and two cats... for some reason they both travel in packs.
Well, you obviously can't swing these around, but ... so not a problem. >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6756 on: June 12, 2015, 01:28:14 PM »
[super cute story]

That would be something my cousins tended to do a lot whenever we were visiting our gran: sneak to the neighbour's garden to play there. To their credit they didn't destroy the garden in any way while playing there, alas that these kids are nothing like that. They know they're not supposed to climb over the flowerbeds and they've been told to use the staircase in front of our house instead if they really want to cut through the backyard, but apparently the only suitable shortcut goes over the flowers. I'm hoping they'll grow up fast.

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6757 on: June 12, 2015, 01:33:09 PM »
That would be something my cousins tended to do a lot whenever we were visiting our gran: sneak to the neighbour's garden to play there. To their credit they didn't destroy the garden in any way while playing there, alas that these kids are nothing like that. They know they're not supposed to climb over the flowerbeds and they've been told to use the staircase in front of our house instead if they really want to cut through the backyard, but apparently the only suitable shortcut goes over the flowers. I'm hoping they'll grow up fast.
Rude.
Well in that case...
Spoiler: show

Protect those flowers.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6758 on: June 12, 2015, 01:37:42 PM »
Rude.
Well in that case...

Protect those flowers.

8| Ima gonna stay out of your yard...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6759 on: June 12, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »

The most dangerous and fluffy dog I've never seen.
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #6760 on: June 12, 2015, 01:39:46 PM »
8| Ima gonna stay out of your yard...
That's the goal. :P
John Steinbeck

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #6761 on: June 12, 2015, 01:41:59 PM »
The most dangerous and fluffy dog I've never seen.

I don't think that's a dog anymore, I think it could be a bear... or a lion... or both...

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6762 on: June 12, 2015, 01:45:58 PM »
Rude.
Well in that case...

Protect those flowers.

1) I like the way you think and 2) I will protect them flowers. With my life.

Grotox

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #6763 on: June 12, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
In california we had bins that looked like this:

I could fit in the two bigger ones easily if I crouched a bit (I am about 170cm). You could probably fit two small kids and a cat in each one. I know we put my little brother (he was about 6 or 7 at the time) in the middle sized one once and wheeled him around and there was plenty of room around him. He would still easily fit and he's 11 now.
As a California native I can say you'd definately be able to fit three kids in the middle bin. I do wonder what is kid is crazy enough to enter that bin with two cats though, that's just asking for scratches everywhere.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:10:46 PM by Grotox »

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6764 on: June 12, 2015, 02:08:47 PM »
I don't think that's a dog anymore, I think it could be a bear... or a lion... or both...

lionbeardog.
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_