Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2409135 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #465 on: October 14, 2014, 05:10:12 PM »
I've never had any teeth problems, thankfully.  Not sure how, cause I had terrible hygiene when I was younger...  Never had braces either. 
As far as anesthetics go, everyone I've talked to has said the dentists will say "Count to 10, please."  and even the biggest, burliest guys I know only get as far as 2 before they lose consciousness.  "David After the Dentist" is proof enough it's not a placebo effect.

Work today was nice.  I wasn't doing work.  We student-interns ("co-ops" as they call us in Fancy McFancypants town) had a class today on drawing pretty pictures correctly so people don't cheat you out of your company's money, thousands of dollars at a time.  Then we got to fiddle around with the apprentice training machines and figure out how they worked.  Learning is sooo much more fun than desk work.

That sounds interesting! What sort of pictures? Technical drawings? Or was it a lesson in "Forge classical art like a pro"? ;P

I've never had braces, but my poor little sister had to have an expander that looked like a giant metal spider on the roof of her mouth for a few years :/
I've only ever had local anesthetic, and it usually takes more than one shot to work :( when I was ten I had to get stitches in my eyebrow, and the conversation went like this:
Doc: aaaand that should be numb so--
Me: uh no it's not actua--
Doc: oh, ok. I'll increase the dosage a little bit... Better?
Me: ow...not really...?
Doc: ok this is the maximum I can use, it should be better now...
Me: uhhh actually n--
Doc: aaaand stitch number one...lalalalala~!

I've never had it, but the full-blackout/ semi-consciousness stuff really scares me D8 like, it's terror-inducing, and they're my only two options for when I get my wisdom teeth out! ;m;
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:18:51 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #466 on: October 14, 2014, 05:50:53 PM »
That sounds interesting! What sort of pictures? Technical drawings? Or was it a lesson in "Forge classical art like a pro"? ;P

I've never had braces, but my poor little sister had to have an expander that looked like a giant metal spider on the roof of her mouth for a few years :/
I've only ever had local anesthetic, and it usually takes more than one shot to work :( when I was ten I had to get stitches in my eyebrow, and the conversation went like this:
Doc: aaaand that should be numb so--
Me: uh no it's not actua--
Doc: oh, ok. I'll increase the dosage a little bit... Better?
Me: ow...not really...?
Doc: ok this is the maximum I can use, it should be better now...
Me: uhhh actually n--
Doc: aaaand stitch number one...lalalalala~!

I've never had it, but the full-blackout/ semi-consciousness stuff really scares me D8 like, it's terror-inducing, and they're my only two options for when I get my wisdom teeth out! ;m;
Technical drawings.  Blueprints and GDC, or CDG or something. 
My mouth is big enough for my wisdom teeth, thankfully, but my friend's wasn't, and he actually had 6 total wisdom teeth.  4 up top, 2 on bottom.  He was out of commission for a little while after that...
Feel free to PM.

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #467 on: October 14, 2014, 05:56:56 PM »
My mouth is big enough for my wisdom teeth, thankfully, but my friend's wasn't, and he actually had 6 total wisdom teeth.  4 up top, 2 on bottom.  He was out of commission for a little while after that...

I have one wisdom tooth. It better not start irritating me, because I really don't want to go through the bothersome process of having it extracted. After seeing videos of people under the influence of medical morphine or laughing gas I fear what I might end up saying if they use it when removing my tooth.

How many teeth is it normal to have? I have 25 and I think I've had like 8 removed.

(At this rate OrigamiOwl is going to end up dreaming about teeth).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:14:04 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #468 on: October 14, 2014, 06:07:37 PM »
I have one wisdom tooth. It better not start irritating me, because I really don't want to go through the bothersome process of having it extracted. After seeing videos of people under the influence of medical morphine or laughing gas I fear what I might end up saying if they use it when removing my tooth.

How many teeth is it normal to have? I have 25 and I think I've had like 8 removed so I have 25.

I think 32 is the normal amount.
Teeth dreams are the worst.  Ugh, I don' like 'em.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #469 on: October 14, 2014, 06:10:54 PM »
Oh! Well that makes sense!

HE HAD SIX?! D8 whaaaaat?! That poor guy! I feel slightly better knowing that my measly 2 shouldn't be that bad :S

Wow, not having any teeth issues ever must be...weird and awesome... *is jealous*

How many teeth is it normal to have? I have 25 and I think I've had like 8 removed so I have 25.

I haven't watched any of those videos, but I've heard about what happens to people, which means that what is deliriously said is not forgotten! D8 aaagh!

I'm not sure how many teeth is 'normal' but 25 minus the 1 wisdom tooth means 12 top and bottom which would mean six either side which....is less than how many I have? (I just counted them like a derp lol 28+2 emerged wisdom teeth and 2 that aren't ever going to happen)

I hope I don't dream about teeth, but it's 9.10am right now so there's no danger yet :P last night I dreamt it was 1982, which is weird because that's so before my time, I think it was because I had to keep typing it into Google when I was looking for a "the thing" poster with decent size :/

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #470 on: October 14, 2014, 06:28:16 PM »
Teeth dreams are the worst.  Ugh, I don' like 'em.

I guess you won't be interested in learning about potential nightmare fuel like the silver lamprey and the sheepshead fish then?

(I should probably stop, after all I'm the one heading to bed at this hour).

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #471 on: October 14, 2014, 06:33:46 PM »
I guess you won't be interested in learning about potential nightmare fuel like the silver lamprey and the sheepshead fish then?

The fish looks like it's bleating :P "Bleeeeeeeehehehegh!" X'D

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #472 on: October 14, 2014, 06:42:18 PM »

Teeth dreams means dreams about teeth falling out.  It's a pretty common one, but it's always unpleasant.

Also, it's raining today.  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:43:54 PM by Eich »
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #473 on: October 14, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »
Teeth dreams means dreams about teeth falling out.  It's a pretty common one, but it's always unpleasant.

Also, it's raining today.  :)
Never had a teeth dream :/ sounds like that's a good thing!

Today? But wouldn't it be nighttime? At least, that's what my brain thinks anyway: Aus day= USA/UK night....right...? O__O
It's trying to rain this morning, which would be nice, but rain feels yucky in the city :/ and makes it feel like *rain voice* 'You don't have to work earth-crawler, you should sleep in a glade instead!'
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:58:39 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #474 on: October 14, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
Never had a teeth dream :/ sounds like that's a good thing!

Today? But wouldn't it be nighttime? At least, that's what my brain thinks anyway: Aus day= USA/UK night....right...? O__O
It's trying to rain this morning, which would be nice, but rain feels yucky in the city :/ and makes it feel like *rain voice* 'You don't have to work earth-crawler, you should sleep in a glade instead!'
That's a little unusual.  A lot of people get that dream when they're under stress or worried. 

Day means "time spent not sleeping," for me, until it gets to be around 9:00 or 10:00.  I don't go to any urban or city areas, so rain's always nice for me.  Just a good excuse to sit around and not do anything.
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #475 on: October 14, 2014, 07:22:30 PM »
That's a little unusual.  A lot of people get that dream when they're under stress or worried. 

Day means "time spent not sleeping," for me, until it gets to be around 9:00 or 10:00.  I don't go to any urban or city areas, so rain's always nice for me.  Just a good excuse to sit around and not do anything.

Hmmm that IS weird, because I'm stressed a LOT! I usually have dreams about running and hiding around our property from...certain people I'm not fond of, or dreams where family members die, or something terrible or weird has happened to my cat: sometimes they've been swapped, are sick, or have been strung from the roof and chainsawed ;__; the teeth dreams are being overpowered haha...

I much prefer to be at home when it's raining too UuU because it sounds so nice on the roof!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:26:49 PM by OrigamiOwl »

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #476 on: October 14, 2014, 08:27:40 PM »
General Discussion:

Can anyone identify this bug? I don't know what it is :/ but it's weird. (It's about 4-5mm long with crazy legs)

I was sitting outside the Engineering lecture hall (weird place to hold a Literature lecture) and all the engineer folk came out and clogged the whole square with cigarette smoke :( so I moved to a bench near Law, and all these bugs fell on me from a tree ;___;
Curse you Faculties of Engineering and Law! D: although, it seems like they're cursing me instead! Hehe

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #477 on: October 14, 2014, 09:02:09 PM »
Those are some messed up dreams...  What's weird about teeth dreams is that it feels so much more horrible than it really is.  It's like your soul is just falling out of your mouth, and then there's that one last tooth that hangs on by the fibers and... it's nasty.  Not nearly as hardcore as chainsawed people, though.  D:

I've had physics lectures in the literature building before.  They have a big auditorium, so everyone uses it. 
They're Australian Death Bugs.  Just like all of Australia's bugs.  /idiocy
The one on the left looks a bit like a roach-beetle of some kind?  That's a thing isn't it?
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #478 on: October 14, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »
Those are some messed up dreams...  What's weird about teeth dreams is that it feels so much more horrible than it really is.  It's like your soul is just falling out of your mouth, and then there's that one last tooth that hangs on by the fibers and... it's nasty.  Not nearly as hardcore as chainsawed people, though.  D:

I've had physics lectures in the literature building before.  They have a big auditorium, so everyone uses it. 
They're Australian Death Bugs.  Just like all of Australia's bugs.  /idiocy
The one on the left looks a bit like a roach-beetle of some kind?  That's a thing isn't it?

Chainsawed kitties, not people ;__;

And I think they look like some sort of tree (and hopefully not flesh) parasite bug O__O
At first I thought they were spiders, which I was cool about, thinking "awww cute!" But then I realized I didnt know what they were and that freaked me out...because they sort of look like ticks to me :/

Heeeeeey, not everything is deadly! It can only kill you if you let it ;P

Edit: speaking of which, the most dangerous things outside the building are probably those engineers and their smoke-party :/ blugh
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:17:12 PM by OrigamiOwl »

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #479 on: October 14, 2014, 09:34:01 PM »
Chainsawed kitties, not people ;__;

And I think they look like some sort of tree (and hopefully not flesh) parasite bug O__O
At first I thought they were spiders, which I was cool about, thinking "awww cute!" But then I realized I didnt know what they were and that freaked me out...because they sort of look like ticks to me :/

Heeeeeey, not everything is deadly! It can only kill you if you let it ;P

Edit: speaking of which, the most dangerous things outside the building are probably those engineers and their smoke-party :/ blugh
Oh, well that's not as bad!  ;D
Spiders... cute?  What?  Snakes I would understand, but spiders?  Most of the bugs in the world freak me out, regardless of whether I know what they are or not.  Like, immediate shivers down my back just passing near one. 

That's kind of the idea that the Discovery channel would lead me to believe.  Anytime Australia's mentioned on American tv, it's always, "Look at these deadly, deadly animals and plants and rocks and air!"  It's a bit silly, really, and they always forget the cute mammals.
Feel free to PM.