Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387646 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6615 on: June 09, 2015, 11:41:17 AM »
We have quite an apocalyptic atmosphere right now… we stuck at the workplace because of a huge storm. It’s totally dark and raining so hard, we don’t dare to leave the building; it seems impossible to get to the metro station (1 minute walk). And the glass roof over the staircase is leaking – yeah, it’s a crap building, just like the place where Emil and Sigrun are. (It’s almost a school – a university)
I really hope there are no beastdogs in the basement…  :o

Oh my god imagine that-
anyways, are you ok? everything is ok there? huge storms are the most dangerous thing so I hope everything is fine I exagerated didn't I?

Anyways, I'm trying to do the Bad Apple theme in flute and I sound so bad XD
Plus, I didn't say this yet but this summer I'm going to Italy (Rome to be precise) and probably in the ''holy week'' (easter in english (?) ) I'll go to Norway finally ;//v//;
And, I have tests all this week and I'm here like nothing and getting A and A+ in the exams
''how?!'' everyone says
''Because I have SWAG  8)''
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6616 on: June 09, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
Why shouldn't Howl's Moving Castle be seen by young children? I'd put it on the Brave list.

The Wind Rises....... I don't really think young kids will like it all too much, but it's not scary or anything. It just deals with some heavy themes, but not as bad as Grave of the Fireflies (which you should deFINITELY NOT SHOW TO ANY CHILDREN OR FRIENDS OR ANYONE EVER)
The same for Howl's Moving Castle for me. My little sister may have been 8 or 9 when we saw the movie together. The only ones I said "You're still too young" were Princess Mononoke and Nausicaä.

T_T Grave of the Fireflies... Every year, I tell myself "You should see it again, because yes it's awfully sad but beautiful", every year I add "But not now". I cried so much... But the persons who don't cry with this movie don't have an heart.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6617 on: June 09, 2015, 11:51:41 AM »
The same for Howl's Moving Castle for me. My little sister may have been 8 or 9 when we saw the movie together. The only ones I said "You're still too young" were Princess Mononoke and Nausicaä.

T_T Grave of the Fireflies... Every year, I tell myself "You should see it again, because yes it's awfully sad but beautiful", every year I add "But not now". I cried so much... But the persons who don't cry with this movie don't have an heart.
omigosh Mel why did you remind me that movie existed?! I've been trying my best to forget it--I cried so much during that movie its not even funny Q vQ

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Mélusine

« Reply #6618 on: June 09, 2015, 11:54:26 AM »
omigosh Mel why did you remind me that movie existed?! I've been trying my best to forget it--I cried so much during that movie its not even funny Q vQ
I'm sorry ! :-[ *Gives tea and hug* Shh, shh, I'm sorry, all will be all right...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6619 on: June 09, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »
I'm sorry ! :-[ *Gives tea and hug* Shh, shh, I'm sorry, all will be all right...
Yes, good. Hugs and tea are good. When we both finally get around to watching that movie again (because I plan to watch it again despite my attempts to forget it exists) we can cry at each other about how sad it is and how we both made a huge mistake, yes? q vq

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6620 on: June 09, 2015, 12:00:28 PM »
the situation sounds awful, but the atmosphere sounds lovely....... or maybe that's just me. I'll cross my fingers for the lack of beastdogs

Errr... for me it's not so lovely - mainly because I'm at the workplace...
But it's getting better, although the street is still like a huge dirty pond.
And it seems, I'm totally addicted to SSSS, because when it started to rain, my very first though was today's page, and what Emil and Sigrun would do here
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6621 on: June 09, 2015, 12:01:08 PM »
which movie are we talking about even
//hides because doesn't know what's happening here//
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6622 on: June 09, 2015, 12:05:29 PM »
which movie are we talking about even
//hides because doesn't know what's happening here//
grave of the fireflies. don't watch it.
congrats on your tests btw!

independent adult update
CON: stove probably doesn't work at all
PRO: CD-player, however, does work
*discreetly hides receipt from CD store so no one can ever gaze upon the sum of money I just spent on CDs*
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:07:25 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6623 on: June 09, 2015, 12:06:44 PM »
I saw That Movie once and now just mentioning it gives me a painful knot in the stomach. NOT for children.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6624 on: June 09, 2015, 12:12:43 PM »
grave of the fireflies. don't watch it.
congrats on your tests btw!

independent adult update
CON: stove probably doesn't work at all
PRO: CD-player, however, does work
*discreetly hides receipt from CD store so no one can ever gaze upon the sum of money I just spent on CDs*

But I've seen too many things in life! why I can't watch it? It's gore or something? I love gore wth-
And thank you so much! ^w^

also, don't worry about the stove, maybe it can be fixed! and a CD-player huh? I'll probably go buy some of my music *cough*ACDC and Eminem*cough* and put in(?) cool! I don't use a CD-player for nothing or even buy discs though heh
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Mélusine

« Reply #6625 on: June 09, 2015, 12:13:05 PM »
When we both finally get around to watching that movie again (because I plan to watch it again despite my attempts to forget it exists) we can cry at each other about how sad it is and how we both made a huge mistake, yes? q vq
And we'll be ready : tissues, tea and chocolate for the recovering. And no innocent little sister at home shaking a candy box O_o *More trauma*

RealRedCloudYT, it's the saddest movie I know. About WWII in Japan, seen by children. If you're sensitive, it may be an awful experience. You can see it like a testimony, some history teachers make their student see it. I was 19 or 20 when I saw it and I'm not lying if I say I must have cried at least 15 minutes after the end. But I'll see it a second time. One day. Still not today.

Mélusine

« Reply #6626 on: June 09, 2015, 12:14:22 PM »
But I've seen too many things in life! why I can't watch it? It's gore or something? I love gore wth-
It's not gore. It's... worst : it's history. And I'll stop talking about that because now I'm crying.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6627 on: June 09, 2015, 12:18:09 PM »
And thank you so much! ^w^

also, don't worry about the stove, maybe it can be fixed! and a CD-player huh? I'll probably go buy some of my music *cough*ACDC and Eminem*cough* and put in(?) cool! I don't use a CD-player for nothing or even buy discs though heh
It's not particularly gory, no... it's just. gonna rip your heart out and make you feel like life is worthless and the world is unfair

I can't really be too bothered about the stove, I'm only in this apartment till the 20th, and the oven works just fine, so food can be made anyhow. As for CDs........... I have so many CDs. I love CDs I love CD-players I love having physical copies of music and I like having a collection and stacks of CDs, and also I fear the digital apocalypse so I'm prepared

I'm just happy there's a CD player here at all. I mean for an apartment that has hardly anything, it is truly a blessing
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6628 on: June 09, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »
RealRedCloudYT, it's the saddest movie I know. About WWII in Japan, seen by children. If you're sensitive, it may be an awful experience. You can see it like a testimony, some history teachers make their student see it. I was 19 or 20 when I saw it and I'm not lying if I say I must have cried at least 15 minutes after the end. But I'll see it a second time. One day. Still not today.

I'm not sensitive... Unless has some horror here (like ghosts, killers, or even cute aliens. I think they are in the dark wth imagination)
And if it's history is much better because I want to learn history from other countrys. And it's like, the WWII in children's eyes you say? That would be so sad oml...

It's not gore. It's... worst : it's history. And I'll stop talking about that because now I'm crying.

oh gosh //hugs
shh is okay... I'm sorry...

It's not particularly gory, no... it's just. gonna rip your heart out and make you feel like life is worthless and the world is unfair

I can't really be too bothered about the stove, I'm only in this apartment till the 20th, and the oven works just fine, so food can be made anyhow. As for CDs........... I have so many CDs. I love CDs I love CD-players I love having physical copies of music and I like having a collection and stacks of CDs, and also I fear the digital apocalypse so I'm prepared

I'm just happy there's a CD player here at all. I mean for an apartment that has hardly anything, it is truly a blessing

THOSE WORDS ARE NOW IN MY HEAD, CREEPING ME OUT-
And yes, CD-players can save lives sometimes, don't ya' think?
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6629 on: June 09, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »
totally not trying to change the subject away from the movie that breaks my heart every time I think about it

Since Haiz kindly shared that adorable squirrel-shaped cutting-board I felt the need to share my favourite mug--

Boop-boop-ba-doop~