Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387290 times)

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6600 on: June 09, 2015, 03:02:07 AM »
I heard someone mention watching princess mononoke at a young age?? I saw it for the first time when I was like, 8... It messed me up. It messed me up so bad and it's my favourite movie and that probably explains more about me than it should

also me having watched it a million times is probably the only reason I can handle today's update, with that freaky eye thing...

People keep asking me if it is a nice children's movie and I'm all like "no! no! bad idea!!"

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6601 on: June 09, 2015, 03:09:56 AM »
People keep asking me if it is a nice children's movie and I'm all like "no! no! bad idea!!"
ahahhahaa but I turned out juuust fiiineee

I get to try to clean a hotel room today!! So far I'm just observing, and apparently some guest leave tips? At one room there were two 50cent coins, and at this one was an american dollar. Idk how much people in czech appreciate getting tipped in foreign coin, heh
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6602 on: June 09, 2015, 05:11:11 AM »
also me having watched it a million times is probably the only reason I can handle today's update, with that freaky eye thing...
First thought too...
But I had discovered Miyazaki's movies very lately, I was 17. This one is still my favorite :)

Colleague : I have "Totoro", "Kiki's delivery service" and "Princess Mononoké".
Me : Your daughter is four ? DON'T let her see "Princess Mononoké" ! (Are you insane ?) O_o
Next day she came back saying her daughter had been afraid by the bus-cat in Totoro... the same the two little girls I was babysitting a few years ago, 5 and 3 years old, were adoring.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6603 on: June 09, 2015, 07:23:23 AM »
ahahhahaa but I turned out juuust fiiineee

I get to try to clean a hotel room today!! So far I'm just observing, and apparently some guest leave tips? At one room there were two 50cent coins, and at this one was an american dollar. Idk how much people in czech appreciate getting tipped in foreign coin, heh
Yeah, in America you generally tip your staff. One dollar tips are a little cheap though... `:\
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6604 on: June 09, 2015, 07:34:33 AM »
Yeah, in America you generally tip your staff. One dollar tips are a little cheap though... `:\
an american dollar is 24 czech koruna, actually....... you can buy like, two capri-sonnes and five rohliks for that

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6605 on: June 09, 2015, 07:41:53 AM »
an american dollar is 24 czech koruna, actually....... you can buy like, two capri-sonnes and five rohliks for that
Okay, so then that's about the equivalent of $5-8. Which is typical.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6606 on: June 09, 2015, 10:30:43 AM »
//wanders in blearily// 'mornin' y'all...//stumbles off to make coffee//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6607 on: June 09, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »

Good morning!
that epic moment when is 4:34 pm in Spain-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6608 on: June 09, 2015, 10:35:21 AM »

Good morning! :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6609 on: June 09, 2015, 10:46:57 AM »
Good morning!
that epic moment when is 4:34 pm in Spain-

Well, I mean, it is almost 11am where I am. I honestly should have been up two hours ago...xP oops? In my defence, I am not a morning person.

Also--guys I'm scared. We ran out of cat foot last night and I didn't get any time to go to the store. Jabberwocky and my mom's cat have just been staring at me...and following me...and staring...and in Jabberwocky's case wailing...all morning. Q vQ

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #6610 on: June 09, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »
Hrollo's classification of Miyazaki's animated films:

Can be watched by young children > My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo
Can be watched by brave, not too young children > Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away
Should not be watched by young children (unless you're the kind of parent who thinks "Watership Down" is an appropriate movie for young children) > Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle

(I haven't seen "The Wind Rises" yet)
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6611 on: June 09, 2015, 11:28:40 AM »

Can be watched by young children > My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo
Can be watched by brave, not too young children > Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away
Should not be watched by young children (unless you're the kind of parent who thinks "Watership Down" is an appropriate movie for young children) > Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle

Brilliant!
And The Wind Rises is beautiful, but it was genuinely sad enough to make me cry, and there's a bit of blood and the like. Don't know how you'd classify it, depends on how tough the kids are.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6612 on: June 09, 2015, 11:29:22 AM »
hahah, good morning 'Lou, I've been up since 6am today............ and it's soon to be 6pm here.

Why shouldn't Howl's Moving Castle be seen by young children? I'd put it on the Brave list.

The Wind Rises....... I don't really think young kids will like it all too much, but it's not scary or anything. It just deals with some heavy themes, but not as bad as Grave of the Fireflies (which you should deFINITELY NOT SHOW TO ANY CHILDREN OR FRIENDS OR ANYONE EVER)

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6613 on: June 09, 2015, 11:34:38 AM »
We have quite an apocalyptic atmosphere right now… we stuck at the workplace because of a huge storm. It’s totally dark and raining so hard, we don’t dare to leave the building; it seems impossible to get to the metro station (1 minute walk). And the glass roof over the staircase is leaking – yeah, it’s a crap building, just like the place where Emil and Sigrun are. (It’s almost a school – a university)
I really hope there are no beastdogs in the basement…  :o
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6614 on: June 09, 2015, 11:37:47 AM »
We have quite an apocalyptic atmosphere right now… we stuck at the workplace because of a huge storm. It’s totally dark and raining so hard, we don’t dare to leave the building; it seems impossible to get to the metro station (1 minute walk). And the glass roof over the staircase is leaking – yeah, it’s a crap building, just like the place where Emil and Sigrun are. (It’s almost a school – a university)
I really hope there are no beastdogs in the basement…  :o
the situation sounds awful, but the atmosphere sounds lovely....... or maybe that's just me. I'll cross my fingers for the lack of beastdogs