Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387370 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6465 on: June 07, 2015, 12:56:13 PM »
??? And if you press it a few seconds, it doesn't work either ?
I've tried that, but maybe my fingers are too small or something weird??

Check if one of them is marked with a key, just in case the buttons are locked so that they don't randomly turn on when something bumps against them.
I've tried the key button too........

I think I'm gonna call my uncle to ask if the stove is even functional, as soon as I google translate what a stove is called in czech (my kitchen vocabulary is very limited shut up)((it's vařič))

Spoiler: show

WHY THIS. I WANNA MAKE MY GARBAGE FOOD PASTA. i couldnt even find a proper mixy thing only this plastic spoon thing. wow. also im pretty sure the kettlething belonged to my grandmother or even great-grandmother i don't even know

buT I AM PREPARED FOR EMERGENCIES

with more garbage food
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6466 on: June 07, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »
Haiz, you have to press the on/off button a few seconds or a minute maybe? and that should Works
If it doesn't, maybe is broken or something? I know anything about this things dang it ;_;
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #6467 on: June 07, 2015, 01:01:09 PM »
I've tried that, but maybe my fingers are too small or something weird??
I've tried the key button too........

I think I'm gonna call my uncle to ask if the stove is even functional, as soon as I google translate what a stove is called in czech (my kitchen vocabulary is very limited shut up)((it's vařič))
The last button, at the right side, might unlock maybe ?
But you won't die from starvation with your, hum, emergency kitchen kit ? ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6468 on: June 07, 2015, 01:09:52 PM »
ive tried aLL THE BUTTONS. according to my uncle it shouldn't be broken, but he has admitted to not actually used the stove himself............... im currently looking for the manual. if all fails im stuck to soups for the time being

"there should be a light" he said. THERE IS NO LIGHT failed step one
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:16:28 PM by Haiz »

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6469 on: June 07, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »
Haiz, can you show us a picture of the stove? One of us should know how to operate it.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6470 on: June 07, 2015, 01:34:22 PM »
Haiz, can you show us a picture of the stove? One of us should know how to operate it.
already did, under a spoiler, but here it is again

it's not very visible, I'm sorry, but there isn't any light above it?? i accidentally dismantled the filterthingie above while looking for a light haha

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6471 on: June 07, 2015, 01:42:16 PM »
//finally rises from bed at 1:40pm//makes various zombie noises//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #6472 on: June 07, 2015, 01:45:39 PM »
Oh noooo, broken kitchen appliances are the worst! When we moved we couldn't figure out why our stove - it looks fairly similar to yours, by the way - wouldn't work. The manual said "hold x button until light appears," but no light ever showed up! In the end it turned out the thing hadn't been hooked up to the electricity. Oops.

Oh, and I know we never talk about anything but weather and food here, and most of you think 30C is the bane of your existence, but 73F (23C)! I thought the 68 or so it was on stage yesterday was bad. Forget melting, I think I'm going to evaporate. On the bright side (besides the sun), my dog constantly licking me is actually somewhat appreciated because her saliva is cooler than the surrounding air. And if anyone wants to hear a poem I've composed about cottonwood fluff...

Except for the heat, though, it really is a remarkably nice day. A breeze just started, the birds are singing in every direction, the highway sounds like wind, the bugs aren't as active as they usually are, and dad is planning a campfire dinner with hotdags and marshmallows.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #6473 on: June 07, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
....wait, 73F? Isn't that like... a warmish room? Or is it also full of Flaming Death Orb and humidity?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #6474 on: June 07, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »
it's not very visible, I'm sorry, but there isn't any light above it?? i accidentally dismantled the filterthingie above while looking for a light haha
Oh okay apparently I'm blind today. Is it plugged in? You could ask a local person for help before you dismantle something important/dangerous :D

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #6475 on: June 07, 2015, 01:53:39 PM »
....wait, 73F? Isn't that like... a warmish room? Or is it also full of Flaming Death Orb and humidity?

There's not a cloud in the sky and the humidity is 50%. Our outdoor thermometer, which is in direct sunlight and so may be skewed, claims it is 84F. Either way I've changed my mind: I am, in fact, melting. How else would I explain this strange moisture coating my skin?

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6476 on: June 07, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »

Try to press the button with the key for 3-4 seconds; that should be a safety thing. And then try the on/off button.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #6477 on: June 07, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »
I gave up on the stove for the time being (I have tried pressing the key button for many seconds many times), it will probably be much easier to deal with once I don't feel like I'm gonna starve. Soup and sourdough bread it is, then! eating makeshift dinner at almost 8pm like a pro

BUT on a lighter note, while looking for the manual for the stove (which I didn't find, I found the manual of every single other kitchen appliance but the stove), but I found something EVEN BETTER. I found one of those house cable thingies, along with a "try internet for FREE IN FOUR WEEKS", and hey if my uncle doesnt even use the stove of this place, he's not gonna miss a free internet trial. IT'S MINE NOW. I WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO FEAR USING UP THE CREDITS OF MY BREADBAND DEVICE. hoo hoo hoo blessed day, maybe I can, idk, do doodleordie? join streams?? go on chat?? SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6478 on: June 07, 2015, 01:58:06 PM »

My first thought was 'wow that pot is cute!'
My second happened when I looked at the burner and it went something like 'oh dear, what IS that?'
Sorry, I was hopin I'd be able to help, but it looks like I can only use older stove tops :(

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #6479 on: June 07, 2015, 02:28:50 PM »
"there should be a light" he said. THERE IS NO LIGHT failed step one
If a stove of this kind is operational but "locked" (child safety on), a short press on any button should normally elicit a beep and a flashing LED.

Stoves tend to have separate fuses, though. Anything amiss in the fuse box?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15