Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410715 times)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6390 on: June 05, 2015, 04:00:53 PM »
Well, no
That's not necessarily fair
Sometimes it's hard to know what to do in a situation like that, especially when someone starts the jerk routine out of nowhere
Besides, Red never actually said that their friends did nothing, just that they themselves lost their temper
There's honestly not enough information to make that judgement, y'know?

Well, yeah, I'm really quick to judgement and that isn't an excuse, but my relationship with my friends isn't very good, but I would cry for a week and everything if I told them I didn't want to be friends anymore, and I'm always  stuck defending them, even though they won't defend me, and I kinda don't want to see anyone else on this forum stuck in that kind of situation, even though I just said I would cry for a week if I let them go, so I guess I didn't think things though enough when I responded.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6391 on: June 05, 2015, 05:07:18 PM »
Well, yeah, I'm really quick to judgement and that isn't an excuse, but my relationship with my friends isn't very good, but I would cry for a week and everything if I told them I didn't want to be friends anymore, and I'm always  stuck defending them, even though they won't defend me, and I kinda don't want to see anyone else on this forum stuck in that kind of situation, even though I just said I would cry for a week if I let them go, so I guess I didn't think things though enough when I responded.
Hey, no, I think I get it. No worries. I'm not exactly a good advocate for thinking before I speak (type, whatever) myself, so I totally understand. Still, it's always good to get called out on when you're doing that, so you know when you're...doing...it...crap I could have worded that a little better, and I'm not even sure if I managed to saw what I wanted to in a way that was even remotely understandable //headwall//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6392 on: June 05, 2015, 06:15:38 PM »
I just wanted to say that you guys are awesome because of how maturely these kinds of discussions are handled. It amazes me because I've seen similar conversations that have gone down hill really quickly (partially why I've never joined an online community before) and here people are just really civil about it and it just makes me happy to see that. Especially when you have people communicating somewhat anonymously from all different ages and countries. People here are helping each other out and talking about things in non-condescending respectful ways and it just gives me so much hope for humanity. So, my thanks to everyone. This is the best. :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #6393 on: June 05, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »
I just wanted to say that you guys are awesome because of how maturely these kinds of discussions are handled. It amazes me because I've seen similar conversations that have gone down hill really quickly (partially why I've never joined an online community before) and here people are just really civil about it and it just makes me happy to see that. Especially when you have people communicating somewhat anonymously from all different ages and countries. People here are helping each other out and talking about things in non-condescending respectful ways and it just gives me so much hope for humanity. So, my thanks to everyone. This is the best. :D

Well this forums has for me atleast become a calm place do discuss with new and old faces and i guess because of its tightly knitted nature and relatively small userbase people actually get to know eachothers personalities a bit more than them just becomming shapeless blobs in the mass.

Other than that the community by nature isn't competetive which i think is the biggest thing. On many gaming forums related to games like League of legends, dota or any shooter people might be similiarly nice, but the crowd is cluttered with people that think their skill in said game trumps everything else related to a discussion. Once i read an thread on the starcraft forums why starcraft was becomming less and less supported by the developers and when a certain person wrote quite a good text on the companies and the games state and pritty much summed it up very nicely the ops answer was pritty much "Lel bronze scrub, get gud then talk".

So yeah i think in every forum/discussion board people are mostly nice, but the quality starts turning sour because the few who aren't so nice and insults follow insults resulting in quite an subpar forum experience.

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6394 on: June 05, 2015, 09:00:44 PM »
in other news, my mother tagged me on Facebook with this

yeah...the sad thing is that its so very, very true...

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Mélusine

« Reply #6395 on: June 05, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »
How many time needs a Mélusine to do two new bandages on herself after a minor operation ? More than 30 minutes -__- Goal for the next two weeks : learn to do better and faster.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #6396 on: June 05, 2015, 11:14:45 PM »
Has Ana hurt herself by accident and bled/bruised today? Yes. Will it happen again tomorrow? Yes.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6397 on: June 05, 2015, 11:30:06 PM »
I have also managed to hurt myself today
Nothing too extreme, just a blister on the top of each foot
I have this love/hate relationships with flip-flops

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #6398 on: June 05, 2015, 11:49:38 PM »
*hands out bandaids to everyone* Be careful guys, you could get face cancer or foot cancer or really just any kind of cancer.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6399 on: June 06, 2015, 05:27:41 AM »
please be careful, guys!
I... I worked for two days in a kitchen full of knives, floors slippery from bits of food, and scary machines, and I'm thankfully fine. Everyone kept going all "PLEASE BE VERY VERY CAREFUL IN THE KITCHEN", but despite me being an incredibly awkward dork, at least I'm not particularly clumsy.

today, as an incentive to keep me away from the internet as much as possible over the weekend, I think I'm going to explore central prague O: O: O: I think last time I were there doing anything resembling tourism, my mother got her wallet stolen at the Karel's bridge, so I'm still a little paranoid............
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6400 on: June 06, 2015, 05:32:11 AM »
I'm so done with the neighbourhood cats using the garden as a sandbox and kids trampling the flower beds because according to them that's a shortcut... it's barely half past nine a.m. and I've already had to remove two of the former and four of the latter kind. The next one gets hosed down. >:(
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #6401 on: June 06, 2015, 05:45:51 AM »
I'm so done with the neighbourhood cats using the garden as a sandbox and kids trampling the flower beds because according to them that's a shortcut... it's barely half past nine a.m. and I've already had to remove two of the former and four of the latter kind. The next one gets hosed down. >:(
aw, that sucks. ever since our own cat disappeared many years ago, i keep waking up to the sounds of cat fights going on right outside my ground-level window. FUN
you'll know where to find me.

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #6402 on: June 06, 2015, 09:23:14 AM »
Oh wow I got hatemail in my tumblr inbox

Apparantly, I'm transgendered now..? I think it might be related to a discussion from another forum where the topic was Caitlyn Jenner

So basically, if I defend trans people I'm trans myself, that's very logical.

I have no idea how these people found my tumblr.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6403 on: June 06, 2015, 10:02:11 AM »

Apparantly, I'm transgendered now..? I think it might be related to a discussion from another forum where the topic was Caitlyn Jenner

Just when you think you've found the very nadir of human stupidity..
Ignore them.
The world's full of bigots and just plain dicks, but the internet gives them an outlet.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #6404 on: June 06, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »

At its worst tumblr is a cesspool of human idiocy and awfulness. I do love the site otherwise but it gives very few options to protecting one's self from outright bullying... I agree it would be best to not grant them any attention (that's ultimately what they want after all), just delete the hate without answering.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: