Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2387660 times)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #6375 on: June 05, 2015, 01:35:29 PM »
This just in! The American government has banned the sale of ALL food because it is a choking hazard. Since the new law was passed, choking related death rates have plummeted. ;P
Aaaaand this is why we make it difficult for bills to get passed.

(It is kind of funny though, because sometimes we'll read something/hear something that just went down in the capitol and somebody will yell, "WHERE WAS HIS STAFF???" Basically you've got the representative/senator, and then a whole team for damage control.)

The show "Yes Minister" nails it, really.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:42:17 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #6376 on: June 05, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »
I wonder how many french fries one has to eat so said person has to go to the ER.

Like how, how can you do dis?

Hm, if it's really crisp and he/she tries to swallow it across?
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #6377 on: June 05, 2015, 01:43:36 PM »
I wonder how many french fries one has to eat so said person has to go to the ER.

Don't forget these are the statistics for young kids, a demographic notorious for finding endlessly inventive ways of doing the inadvisable (to put it politely).
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #6378 on: June 05, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »

A friend of mine once did this. She just kept stuffing fries into her mouth to see how many she could fin in there, then someone said something that made her laugh--or, in other words, inhale suddenly and sharply
She was fine, of course, but the first cough that hit her sent fries flying everywhere and I was just happy I wasn't sitting directly in front of her
We were about ten, I think

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #6379 on: June 05, 2015, 01:58:48 PM »
I'm always half-choking on jacket potatoes. There is something in the texture that gets it to stick in my throat. As a child I nearly choked on a boiled egg once.
And yes, little children will stuff practically everything in their mouth (and later in every other body opening too...) But a little hazard is required to grow up, I think.
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #6380 on: June 05, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »
One, if it gets wedged in the pharynx. The airways are less than half an inch wide there.

Of course, the classic food to get you into trouble that way are lettuce leaves, 'cause they adapt their shape so well to completely block the trachea. Had one of the buggers try that on me once.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6381 on: June 05, 2015, 02:20:30 PM »

Of course, the classic food to get you into trouble that way are lettuce leaves, 'cause they adapt their shape so well to completely block the trachea. Had one of the buggers try that on me once.

Thankfully, our ancestors long ago invented the art of chewing
Ever since the last time I, myself, choked on one of these dastardly greens I vowed to perfect my use of the ancient art
Those ruffian roughages have yet to bother me since

And yes
I have a tendency to make up words

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #6382 on: June 05, 2015, 03:03:07 PM »
Hey...
Today I was for second time in a meeting with my Friends and we did a water balloon fight. Well, sounds normal, right? No.
There was a guy that started insulting for no reason. I mean, I get really mad that I losed control of myself and started to insulting him. I literally wanted to murder him but at least I calmed down. Plus, he's going to be in my school next year WITH ME because it's not from my school.

I really don't know what to do with this-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #6383 on: June 05, 2015, 03:09:19 PM »
Hey...
Today I was for second time in a meeting with my Friends and we did a water balloon fight. Well, sounds normal, right? No.
There was a guy that started insulting for no reason. I mean, I get really mad that I losed control of myself and started to insulting him. I literally wanted to murder him but at least I calmed down. Plus, he's going to be in my school next year WITH ME because it's not from my school.

I'm sorry. :(
Sometimes there are people who are just jerks for no reason. I've learned that the best thing to do is to take a deep, deep breath and walk away. And then forget about it.
He might have just been feeling really antagonistic that day, and might not be a problem next year. Or he might be a jerk every day you see him. In which case, every day that you see him, take a deep, deep breath, walk away, and forget about it once you get home.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #6384 on: June 05, 2015, 03:11:26 PM »
Hey...

Aw man, you are talking to the living embodiment of anger issues. I tend to take anything as a challenge, and if I was in a water balloon fight, I would have thrown a water balloon atfer getting into a screaming match. So good on you for not doing that.

I could say ignore it, but in my opinion that's crap advice, because then you're letting letting them win or something. But hey, if this is one guy, next time he comes around, get your friends. Get them to yell with you. Terrify him into never wanting to talk to you again.

I give awful advice, do not listen to me.(randomreader is right, and you seem way calmer then I do, so maybe you can actually do the ignoring thing.)

(P.S: If your friends didn't start defending you, you kinda have crap friends. Just saying.)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6385 on: June 05, 2015, 03:18:04 PM »
I'm sorry. :(
Sometimes there are people who are just jerks for no reason. I've learned that the best thing to do is to take a deep, deep breath and walk away. And then forget about it.
He might have just been feeling really antagonistic that day, and might not be a problem next year. Or he might be a jerk every day you see him. In which case, every day that you see him, take a deep, deep breath, walk away, and forget about it once you get home.

Don't worry u-u
I thinks he's already a jerk. He thinks he's the best and that stuff and he doesn't do nothing. So, yeah...
I taked a Deep breath and relaxed few minutes again and I feel way better now  :)

Aw man, you are talking to the living embodiment of anger issues. I tend to take anything as a challenge, and if I was in a water balloon fight, I would have thrown a water balloon atfer getting into a screaming match. So good on you for not doing that.

I could say ignore it, but in my opinion that's crap advice, because then you're letting letting them win or something. But hey, if this is one guy, next time he comes around, get your friends. Get them to yell with you. Terrify him into never wanting to talk to you again.

I give awful advice, do not listen to me.(randomreader is right, and you seem way calmer then I do, so maybe you can actually do the ignoring thing.)

(P.S: If your friends didn't start defending you, you kinda have crap friends. Just saying.)

Well, actually my Friends started saying he's a good friend because I just met him today. I already know how evil people is when I met them first time and more if they insult me without reason. I wanted to throw to a ballon but I couldn't lol.
He was:
Him: ''Hey don't throw that to me! I have my DS here!''
Me: ''So what? I don't care.'' //starts running behind him//
Him: //runs too//

-several minutes runing later-

Him: ''Hey stop! I have asthma!''
All: ''ptff- suuuuuure...''
Me: //runs again//

And that's what I did heh

Edit: Hey, isn't today Denmark's Constitution day? Like, national day? .w.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:20:00 PM by RealRedCloudYT »
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #6386 on: June 05, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »

Well, no
That's not necessarily fair
Sometimes it's hard to know what to do in a situation like that, especially when someone starts the jerk routine out of nowhere
Besides, Red never actually said that their friends did nothing, just that they themselves lost their temper
There's honestly not enough information to make that judgement, y'know?

Anyways Red--don't let it get to you. Like everyone has been saying; some people are just jerks sometimes. The best thing you can do is take a deep breath and not lose your temper over it--that's what they want you to do. And take it from someone who was bullied for nearly five and a half years--these people honestly aren't worth it. One day school will be over and you'll probably never see them again. Just keep going and remind yourself of that.
Sorry if that wasn't very helpful. I'm not that good at the advice-giving :\

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6387 on: June 05, 2015, 03:32:33 PM »
Anyways Red--don't let it get to you. Like everyone has been saying; some people are just jerks sometimes. The best thing you can do is take a deep breath and not lose your temper over it--that's what they want you to do. And take it from someone who was bullied for nearly five and a half years--these people honestly aren't worth it. One day school will be over and you'll probably never see them again. Just keep going and remind yourself of that.
Sorry if that wasn't very helpful. I'm not that good at the advice-giving :\

Well, I was bullied too. Like... 3 or 4 years ago (when I was 7), soooo... I guess I know what to do.
And as I said, taked that Deep breath. Also, you're so right. One day school will over and I'm not going to see them.
Anyways, don't worry, it helped :3
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #6388 on: June 05, 2015, 03:44:46 PM »
Well it's good that you can handle it so well and yeah it does get better since as you move on to different schools you are bound to find a group that you can be with and as people get older i have noticed that we care less.

Back in sixth grade there used to be these guys i absolutely hated and they shared the same sentiment and as we moved on to different schools at seventh i largely forgot about them, but again at highschool we met and none of us really held any negative feelings. It really just was kids being kids and as time moved on we realize how petty that was and now we might meet at school and wave at each other.

Really i share the sentiment of others, it is going to get better and some day it might get worse, but thats just life.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6389 on: June 05, 2015, 03:58:18 PM »
Well it's good that you can handle it so well and yeah it does get better since as you move on to different schools you are bound to find a group that you can be with and as people get older i have noticed that we care less.

Back in sixth grade there used to be these guys i absolutely hated and they shared the same sentiment and as we moved on to different schools at seventh i largely forgot about them, but again at highschool we met and none of us really held any negative feelings. It really just was kids being kids and as time moved on we realize how petty that was and now we might meet at school and wave at each other.

Really i share the sentiment of others, it is going to get better and some day it might get worse, but thats just life.

Heh yeah. I changed schools like 7 times and I'm agree with you.
And wow, like hating someone and then don't feeling anything at them is cool. It's like no problems.
Also, life will do always unexpected things

- Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_