Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411149 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #420 on: October 12, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »
What sounds interesting, Little Big Planet? 

That sounds about like what we have here, but in USD. Keep the numbers the same, but change the currency.  Personally, I prefer 2D over 3D.  It's expensive and I have to wear glasses over my real glasses, which is no fun.

Both, I guess?

And: *2D high-five*

I've never seen a 3d film where I liked the 3d...ness... The glasses gave me a headache and never seemed to work.... But that was before I found out I needed glasses, so maybe they'd work now? But then I'd have the same double-glasses problem. Hmm.
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #421 on: October 12, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »
Daw, everyone kept talking and I missed a bunch of stuff. :P Oh well, maybe if I spend another half an hour or so (meaning a lot more,) then I'll dream about us Minions, too? Hmm....

Also, movie tickets are anywhere from three to five (American) dollars cheaper down here in Georgia area. Interesting. And another also, I prefer 2D, too. :D

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2014, 11:30:06 PM »
Both, I guess?

And: *2D high-five*

I've never seen a 3d film where I liked the 3d...ness... The glasses gave me a headache and never seemed to work.... But that was before I found out I needed glasses, so maybe they'd work now? But then I'd have the same double-glasses problem. Hmm.
LBP is super fun... and cute.  Look it up, and revel in the cuteness.  It's also a part of why I picked engineering.

Daw, everyone kept talking and I missed a bunch of stuff. :P Oh well, maybe if I spend another half an hour or so (meaning a lot more,) then I'll dream about us Minions, too? Hmm....

Also, movie tickets are anywhere from three to five (American) dollars cheaper down here in Georgia area. Interesting. And another also, I prefer 2D, too. :D
Right there with you. Missed everything today.
I played a lot of Pokemon yesterday, and had a freaaaaky dream.  It was like a proper superhero origin story, but I was turned into a lucario and had to kill the person who did it to me.  It was actually really scary and unpleasant, but I couldn't wake up.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 11:34:27 PM by Eich »
Feel free to PM.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »
LBP is super fun... and cute.  Look it up, and revel in the cuteness.  It's also a part of why I picked engineering.
 Right there with you. Missed everything today.
I played a lot of Pokemon yesterday, and had a freaaaaky dream.  It was like a proper superhero origin story, but I was turned into a lucario and had to kill the person who did it to me.  It was actually really scary and unpleasant, but I couldn't wake up.
Sure thing, will look it up :) I've seen pictures of it here and there for ages, and it is super cute, and building stuff sounds awesome!
That.....that dream beats my weird Minion Gathering dream and Nimphy's Dungeon dream hands down! That sounded...traumatic. Go buy yourself a hot chocolate or something! D8
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #424 on: October 13, 2014, 12:52:49 AM »
Sounds interesting to play! But movies might win this round :P it's currently raining here= the perfect movie weather! But all the films look blah u__u

Random question? How much do movie tickets and DVD's cost for everybody?
Because here the cinema is kinda pricey, even with the student discount :(

Adult= $17 (AUS)
Student= $15
Child (Nimphy would be classed as a child :P)= $13
And that's just 2D with no snacks :/ 3D tickets are usually $20+ PLUS paying for glasses unless you bring your own.

Are these expensive? Or am I just being a stingy Törbjorn? XD

Adult= (over here I count as an adult just about everywhere) €8,50?
Child (or disabled person, or old person)= € 7 or something
3D movies = €11 for adults and 9.50 for children, maybe? (+€1 for glasses)

You should keep in mind that the Dollar is generally less valuable than the euro, though.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2014, 03:33:39 AM »
The prices are about the same here, 8,50€ for adults, 7,50€ with discount as a student or pupil, and 5,50€ for children. It's cheaper on normal weekdays (Mo/Tue/We) and more expensive if the film is longer than normal. For 3D, add 5€ to the normal prices. So 13,50€ if you're not entitled to a discount or even more if it's a long film like The Hobbit... I think that's pretty expensive.
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2014, 05:15:07 AM »
Well, a change of topic was requested, but I gotta ask ...... if there's something beyond pheromones that's used on pig but not other livestock (or even zoo animals, if endangered species), I haven't heard of it ... ?

It's not the pheromones that scare me. Last documentary I watched on this they put the boar into a small room with some wooden trunkish looking thing and lifted his feet up on that. One Person held its feet the other one worked on Getting the semen with some large cup and some irons. I know that it is how you got to get many young pigs on big farms but hell, that boar had to get in there on a rate about 2-3 times in two weeks but never even saw a sow.

Quote from: mithrysc
Ditto that. I've been really wanting to try D&D/ Pathfinder/ Dungeon World/ any tabletop rpg, but most people I know aren't really interested, and I don't see the people who are very often. Plus the fact that I also would probably not be very good at running a game, which rules out trying to get my siblings to play.

I never played D&D (my boyfriend did) but a lot of DSA (The Black Eye) Vampire and some Scenarios based on GURPS. I lead some of the adventures myself and I really miss it. But at the moment I don't have the time setting a new group up or writing stories. Even just get into a new group has to wait until I finnished my final training for the job.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #427 on: October 13, 2014, 06:14:05 AM »
Plus the fact that I also would probably not be very good at running a game, which rules out trying to get my siblings to play.

Depending on the age of your siblings, if you can get your hands on a copy of Age of the Tempest it might be worth a try.

As an answer to the question about movie ticket prices, here in Finland it depends a lot of which theater you go to, which day of the week and what time of day and whether you have serie tickets and/or right to some kind of discount not. In the Finnkino movie theaters the price for an adult can be anything from 7 € (small local theaters, 2D, mon - fri, before 1 pm) to 17,50 € (Helsinki Kinopalatsi premium, 3D, saturday, after 1 pm).
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #428 on: October 13, 2014, 07:41:26 AM »
A rule of thumb when going between Euro and AU dollar is AU$1 = €0.60 (it's stayed around that number pretty steadily for the past 7 years, at least - the only exception is that period where the banks went down and pretty much everything but AU$ took a bad hit). So converting that $17 to € is about €10.20, give or take a bit.

But keep in mind Tasmania is an island with a low population. Nearly everything is more expensive than it could be.

Urgh the pain of being interested in things that no one else is ;_; I'm a video game girl. I only know TWO girlfriends who actually play video games, one of which is halfway across the world from me, and the other who is three years older, has a completely different life to me, and whom I can never really get together with regularly. And yeah, the guys rarely play with girls. The ones who do nearly always have some sort of ulterior motive >.> Yaaay. Not.
Now that my brother's matured a little, though, we can play together (without him falling into fits every time he loses or dies). Still not the same as playing with friends, really. Always feel a bit jealous of the guys who can make up parties of friends in games.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #429 on: October 13, 2014, 07:44:24 AM »

Urgh the pain of being interested in things that no one else is ;_; I'm a video game girl. I only know TWO girlfriends who actually play video games, one of which is halfway across the world from me, and the other who is three years older, has a completely different life to me, and whom I can never really get together with regularly. And yeah, the guys rarely play with girls. The ones who do nearly always have some sort of ulterior motive >.> Yaaay. Not.
Now that my brother's matured a little, though, we can play together (without him falling into fits every time he loses or dies). Still not the same as playing with friends, really. Always feel a bit jealous of the guys who can make up parties of friends in games.

Ditto! (So now you know THREE girls who like videogames)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #430 on: October 13, 2014, 08:28:41 AM »
Depending on the age of your siblings, if you can get your hands on a copy of Age of the Tempest it might be worth a try.
AAHH that map. And the Whiskerling (because Redwall)! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it try to find an international retailer.

I would say ditto also, but my love of videogames is slightly more theoretical in that I actually haven't played that many. I mostly eagerly follow the dev logs of indie games.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #431 on: October 13, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
... We were trying to contact a Swedish bunker...from Australia, so I don't think the smoke would work XP hehehe
Set the Krakatoa relay to "nuclear winter", then. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Raya

« Reply #432 on: October 13, 2014, 01:27:10 PM »
Ditto that. I've been really wanting to try D&D/ Pathfinder/ Dungeon World/ any tabletop rpg, but most people I know aren't really interested, and I don't see the people who are very often. Plus the fact that I also would probably not be very good at running a game, which rules out trying to get my siblings to play.

I'm a massive fan of roleplaying! World of Darkness is my favourite setting, but my group will happily play anything that people want to run. I GM and play, but I think I prefer GMing more. Guess I must hate myself :P

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts are you? My group has been looking for new players after all...

Also really pleased to hear people play Pokemon. How many masters do we have out there? Just wondering if we could get enough for a mini-tournament...

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #433 on: October 13, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
I'm a massive fan of roleplaying! World of Darkness is my favourite setting, but my group will happily play anything that people want to run. I GM and play, but I think I prefer GMing more. Guess I must hate myself :P

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts are you? My group has been looking for new players after all...

Also really pleased to hear people play Pokemon. How many masters do we have out there? Just wondering if we could get enough for a mini-tournament...

I forgot that Vampire is part of the World of Darkness series. I should have mentioned that I played in the Masquerade Setting. Are you playing the original World of Darkness settings or the second editions?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Raya

« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2014, 02:05:15 PM »
I forgot that Vampire is part of the World of Darkness series. I should have mentioned that I played in the Masquerade Setting. Are you playing the original World of Darkness settings or the second editions?

nWoD. I missed the boat on oWoD sadly, but reading through I prefer the fluff in nWoD more. I can't comment on the mechanics though, since I've never played oWoD...what do you reckon? Which edition do you prefer?