Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2410721 times)

Koeshi

• Scout
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5505 on: May 21, 2015, 06:00:29 AM »
There's lots to do with an airport.
- raid the tax frees for Toblerone and pistachios

This is how I am reminded that a lot of the people on here are younger than me, that they go for the Toblerone and pistachios rather than the tobacco and alcohol.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #5506 on: May 21, 2015, 06:01:26 AM »
Congratulations, Haiz! I hope your doctor-appointment goes well and the doctor finds something easily treatable.
- slide down the baggage chutes
- set up a baggage kart racing circuit
- run from one end of the runway to the other
- sing on the intercom

Sleep on the benches...
sleep under the benches...
build forts with neglected furniture...

Regarding sleep-patterns: I tend to sleep only 5-6 hours (because of the required waking-time in the family )but every few days I get really snappy and cranky and then I know I must go to bed at least one hour earlier else I become a nightmare for my fellow humans.
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5507 on: May 21, 2015, 06:09:53 AM »
This is how I am reminded that a lot of the people on here are younger than me, that they go for the Toblerone and pistachios rather than the tobacco and alcohol.

Pffft I'm admitting my thoughts, too, went to cognac and whiskey immediately. :D After all strong alcohol would likely last pretty well, even for 90 years...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5508 on: May 21, 2015, 06:16:18 AM »

:D .......... yeah ......

Sleep on the benches...
sleep under the benches...

Isn't that what people do with non-derelict airports though.

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #5509 on: May 21, 2015, 06:21:51 AM »
Isn't that what people do with non-derelict airports though.

Yes, you are right... I remember a night in my youth spent at Helsinki airport. The benches were surprisingly comfortable, you just had to sit up whenever an official looking person came by if I remember correctly. This would then be the advantage of an neglected airport

Pffft I'm admitting my thoughts, too, went to cognac and whiskey immediately. :D After all strong alcohol would likely last pretty well, even for 90 years...

My first thought seeing the picture was "where are the zombies?"  ;D
Whiskey's too strong for me, I would go for the port wine.

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5510 on: May 21, 2015, 06:25:29 AM »
Yes, you are right... I remember a night in my youth spent at Helsinki airport. The benches were surprisingly comfortable, you just had to sit up whenever an official looking person came by if I remember correctly. This would then be the advantage of an neglected airport

Or... on a derelict airport you could sleep anywhere and nobody could tell you anything at all because you'd be the ruler. You could sleep at the VIP lounge! On the bar! At the boarding desk! Inside the hand luggie security thingy!

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #5511 on: May 21, 2015, 06:32:36 AM »
Or... on a derelict airport you could sleep anywhere and nobody could tell you anything at all because you'd be the ruler. You could sleep at the VIP lounge! On the bar! At the boarding desk! Inside the hand luggie security thingy!

First raiding the shops for some plushies, a sleeping-mask, blankets and booze, then making a makeshift blanket-fort deep in the belly of the derelict airport-beast...maybe the boiler room? Or at the top of the roof when it is summer...
Now I want to go to bed pronto, hnngh *sitting at work right now, chuckling*

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #5512 on: May 21, 2015, 06:34:51 AM »

Just think, if the humidor had lasted well you could be sat in a dystopian wasteland puffing on a fine, fat cigar, drinking some of the oldest alcohol in the world.  Like a king :D

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5513 on: May 21, 2015, 06:43:25 AM »
First raiding the shops for some plushies, a sleeping-mask, blankets and booze, then making a makeshift blanket-fort deep in the belly of the derelict airport-beast...

Yes this would definitely be the life for me, in fact I'm one push away from starting to build a blanket fort right away. Haven't had those for don't even know how long but this fandom inspires me for the randomest things sometimes...

Just think, if the humidor had lasted well you could be sat in a dystopian wasteland puffing on a fine, fat cigar, drinking some of the oldest alcohol in the world.  Like a king :D

I'll pass on the cigars but would not say no to being a dystopian wasteland king!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5514 on: May 21, 2015, 08:53:27 AM »
I'll pass on the cigars but would not say no to being a dystopian wasteland king!
There are enough wasteland airport kings here to get a game of thrones style clash of kings going (without the rampant crimes against decency and humanity involved of course)

Whiskey's too strong for me, I would go for the port wine.

I think the port might taste just a little bit vinegary.

That aside, I'm glad to learn Norway has perfected what is possibly the most lazy hot dog variant in all of Europe.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:56:50 AM by Fimbulwaffle »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5515 on: May 21, 2015, 09:13:11 AM »
- slide down the baggage chutes
- set up a baggage kart racing circuit
- run from one end of the runway to the other
- sing on the intercom
You would know, wouldn't you? But yes. these are excellent things to do with a derelict airport

My mistake.
*Now is seeing Haiz running everywhere in her airport and try all in your list* Too many imagination this morning... ^^°
*hir or *their
but yes that is an incredibly accurate thing to imagine. I'm also imagining Fimby the long-time airport ruler doing these things also, hee.......

building forts outta stuff are also great suggestions. Oh, and maybe I can get all those tiny vehicles to work? tiny vehicles are good

Oh, I'm old enough for these things, I just don't wanna. No, seriously, it's almost memetic - I can make people laugh just by reminding them I am old enough to buy cigarettes. one time i held a can of beer and people had to take pictures of this rare phenomenon

Congratulations, Haiz! I hope your doctor-appointment goes well and the doctor finds something easily treatable.
It went okay!! doctor's guess is that it's chronic bronchitis caused by some bacteria which could be easily eradicated once (if) they find out which one.

What was actually funny, was meeting my friend in the waiting lounge. Because what are the odds. It's made funnier by the fact that this particular friend is one I keep running into all the time, for some reason. That's pretty much the reason we're friends - I kept seeing him around in the city, in the geek shop, at an anti-nuclear weapons event, at torucon, and when I almost literally crashed into him at my university that was the last drop. it was facebook stalking time. Turns out we had like, 38 friends in common already, which also made me dig up a memory of a time we had actually talked to eachother. I messaged him like
"Have you, within the past five years, possibly introduced yourself as 'a box of oranges'?"
"......might have?"

and that's how I make friends.

That aside, I'm glad to learn Norway has perfected what is possibly the most lazy hot dog variant in all of Europe.
I'm not even surprised.
(The czech one always has wayyy to much ketchup at the bottom, btw. gross)
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #5516 on: May 21, 2015, 09:20:47 AM »
*hir or *their
-_- Sorry. I knew it yet... I suppose I'm too focused on "writing something in the most correct english possible" to remember that every time, I'll pay attention.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5517 on: May 21, 2015, 09:22:38 AM »
-_- Sorry. I knew it yet... I suppose I'm too focused on "writing something in the most correct english possible" to remember that every time, I'll pay attention.
ahahh it's okay, I know it's hard to get used to..... I'm just amazed how people default me to girl all the time?? what am i doing that makes it so
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #5518 on: May 21, 2015, 09:25:45 AM »
Congrations Haiz!!! can i come to your airport and ride on the baggage carousels. all i want to do in life is ride on the baggage carousels ok
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5519 on: May 21, 2015, 09:32:39 AM »
(The czech one always has wayyy to much ketchup at the bottom, btw. gross)

It's not what I remember eating when I went there, those were just sausages in regular buns and were so good that they didn't even need condiments.

I'm just amazed how people default me to girl all the time?? what am i doing that makes it so

I don't know about the rest but I tend to associate gendered pronouns with their biological connotations rather than their social ones.