Author Topic: General Discussion Thread  (Read 2411238 times)

Koeshi

• Scout
Re: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #5445 on: May 20, 2015, 07:50:12 AM »
@Laufey, have you tried epoxy resin?

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5446 on: May 20, 2015, 07:59:38 AM »
iNTERNET IS BACK and exam assignment goes live in two minutes......................

What, and here we were led to believe you actually liked rain :p
I do... I'm just reading omens in everything.

This kills the Haiz
ha ha ha hahaha ha
worst part is how electricity came back after, idk, an hour or so, but I'm such a dweeb idk how to fix the wifi, I don't even know where in the house our router is, I had to wait for my 12 year old brother to come home. what was that part about me being an adult

edit: it's architecture. of course it's architecture. PHENOMENOLOGY ANALYSIS ESSAY, GO
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:08:45 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5447 on: May 20, 2015, 08:09:05 AM »
I do... I'm just reading omens in everything.

Oh, well. If rain were an omen Hordaland would be in a very, very bad predicament most of the time. Maybe that's true though.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5448 on: May 20, 2015, 08:12:33 AM »
@Laufey, have you tried epoxy resin?

Yes, even two different types: the whole glue part just neatly slid off the material when tugged at a few times (this is why test swatches are a good thing). The parts will be on constant stress while the outfit is on and will have to last through several days and some amount of action, so sewing it is.

Oh, well. If rain were an omen Hordaland would be in a very, very bad predicament most of the time. Maybe that's true though.

If rain were an omen I would have moved away ages ago. Wait, should I have?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #5449 on: May 20, 2015, 08:22:52 AM »
Lenny: main thing is that you went down fighting. TO VALHALLA!

*salutes* TO VALHALLA!

*slowly disappears into the red sunset, sun sparkling on daggers, clothes swirling in the wind, firm stride*

Look for me no longer, my friends, for I am in a better place.

I do believe the stress is getting to me.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #5450 on: May 20, 2015, 08:28:44 AM »
not so much the rain by itself as me trying to set the mood for how Everything Is Going Wrong Already when really, it was just the missing electricity and rainy weather. dramatic haiz is dramatic

as for actual omens, our classmate met up for a colloquim all "GUYS THE EXAMS ARE GOING TO BE FINE THERE WAS A GOOD OMEN TODAY"
"what happened"
"a bird pooped in my face"
".........how is that a good omen"
"it missed my mouth"

i also take pride in being one of the few in my class who knows how to pronounce and spell phenomenology. i'm pretty great
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:30:22 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #5451 on: May 20, 2015, 09:49:22 AM »
Yes, even two different types: the whole glue part just neatly slid off the material when tugged at a few times (this is why test swatches are a good thing). The parts will be on constant stress while the outfit is on and will have to last through several days and some amount of action, so sewing it is.

I don't know what you are making so I can't say how practical this would be for you, but have you tried metal pins, can't remember the exact term right now, but just to be clear I mean the ones a couple of centimetres across, not the kind you prick your finger on.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #5452 on: May 20, 2015, 10:00:23 AM »
I don't know what you are making so I can't say how practical this would be for you, but have you tried metal pins, can't remember the exact term right now, but just to be clear I mean the ones a couple of centimetres across, not the kind you prick your finger on.

Rivets? Rivets are wonderful. :3 They won't work with this particular part but I'll definitely consider them in some other parts where I'll be using pleather!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5453 on: May 20, 2015, 10:26:38 AM »
If rain were an omen I would have moved away ages ago. Wait, should I have?

Hah no, I'd move to Iceland if I could, it's three times drier and it has more sunny days. Or Helsinki for that matter, that place is just some 200mm from being arid (if we ignore the being very cold part.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:55:33 PM by Fimbulwaffle »

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #5454 on: May 20, 2015, 10:44:33 AM »
Rivets? Rivets are wonderful. :3 They won't work with this particular part but I'll definitely consider them in some other parts where I'll be using pleather!

Yeah thats it, dunno why I couldn't remember the word.  I would have show you a picture of what I meant, but I'd need to remember the term to search for the picture which would defeat the point.

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #5455 on: May 20, 2015, 12:37:49 PM »
I just realized that I hasn't posted anything for a while here.
How is it going? Atleast you people here got new nice theme and url :D

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #5456 on: May 20, 2015, 04:04:41 PM »
Lo and behold, at long last I have an avatar.  This is a picture that was drawn of me by Chizu back when I still had dyed hair and smoked.  Not exactly what I look like now, but I prefer how I looked back then.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #5457 on: May 20, 2015, 04:45:48 PM »
I just realized that I hasn't posted anything for a while here.
How is it going? Atleast you people here got new nice theme and url :D
I was wondering when you'd show up again!  :D
It's going... quickly.  The forum has a lot of activity going on right now.  Welcome back though!  Enjoy your time!
Feel free to PM.

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #5458 on: May 20, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »
True Eich, haven't checked the introductions thread in a while because it always feels like there suddenly is just five or more pages of it and i just can't keep up and now with a test week and all browsing the forum is increasingly harder.

Well my physics test went alright at least and it's only 1,5 weeks of school left so hey not that long anymore. :)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #5459 on: May 20, 2015, 05:23:29 PM »
It's going... quickly.  The forum has a lot of activity going on right now.  Welcome back though!  Enjoy your time!

Eh, I don't know about that. Most of the time it feels like there's 30 idle members staring at the front page with nothing being posted.